My girlfriend and I are both 16, and we have unprotected sex once or twice a week. We normally use condoms but since we ran out, we figured it wouldn't hurt if we did it unprotected as long as I stopped before I came. I have never cum inside her, and precum only came out a few times, though some of those times were only a little while after an ejaculation, without pissing in between.

My girlfriend is now later than usual on her period, seems slightly more tired than usual, and seems somewhat irritable. At this point, she could only be around 3 weeks pregnant. I know my first step here is to get a pregnancy test and find out if she is actually pregnant. She said that if she is, she's willing to get an abortion. What I want to know is exactly what to do next. What I've gathered so far is that I should call Planned Parenthood and first tell them that we're wanting an abortion (preferably pill) and a judicial bypass (we live in Pennsylvania, our parents can NOT know). If someone could describe exactly what I should ask for and what the process will be like, it would be much appreciated.

Another thing I'm concerned about is price. I've heard from some places that the abortion can be free because she is underage and has no source of income. I've also heard that at best, we will be eligible for reduced price. Can someone clarify this? That's about all I need to know, I would appreciate not receiving any people telling me why she shouldn't be getting an abortion or any other stupid answers. I'm actually really concerned about this and need to know. Also, if anyone has any easy, safe ways to abort the fetus I'd love to know, it might be easier than finding a ride to Planned Parenthood and all that.

Thanks in advance!!!

Legend
Hi easoandrews,

You seem to have researched this, could. Go one step at a time, don't jump to any conclusions.

First, she needs to take the test. At 3 weeks late the results should be conclusive, just follow the directions carefully. If she is pregnant, then calling Planned Parenthood or another agency is a good idea.

One of these agencies in your area should be able to give you all the answers you need. I don't live in PA and the laws here are very different.

Do you have an older brother or sister, anyone that you can talk to? They may be able to help with the details.

Hope it helps, keep us posted and good luck.

I appreciate your reply. She isn't three weeks late though, she's only about 5 days late at this point. Would a test still be conclusive? And I do not have any family members I can talk to about this. I plan on buying a test as soon as possible and if positive, calling Planned Parenthood and checking my options.

Legend
Thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood.

At 5 days, it's pretty early to test. Some brands say that you can test right away but I figure money is tight so you want to make sure you have an accurate result.

I'd probably wait at least a week.

Why do I say wait? The test is looking for a hormone in the urine, hCG. If your girlfriend is pregnant then the levels of this hormone rapidly increase. The longer you wait, the more accurate the results would be. testing early could result in a "false negative."

Planned Parenthood may be able to help you with testing too.

Easo, if you have questions about anything please post them. Others can reply to this thread and offer their opinions as well. I also want to make sure that you are taking care of your girlfriend at this point in time. I'm sure she is just as confused, if not more so, than you are about what to do. Be supportive of and listen to her needs as well.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Again, I really appreciate the quick reply. I'll try to follow your advice and wait before letting her take a test. I do have some questions. What I really want to know is, if she ends up being pregnant and we go to a planned parenthood, will they definitely be able to help us get her an abortion? I'm aware we'll need a judicial bypass first. But, after that, will she immediately be eligible for an abortion pill? And one more question, which might be a stupid one. Are there any things that will definitely cause a miscarriage? Herbal abortions aren't really in the question, neither of us drive and we have very little money. This might sound horrible but is there any physical activity that will actually cause a miscarriage? Such as smoking cigarettes or weed, or getting punched in the stomach? I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm trying to consider all options at this point. Thanks in advance.

Legend
Hopefully someone else will respond. I'm not from PA and don't know your laws.

Planned Parenthood should be able to help you with the testing and pregnancy options. You can always just give them a call and ask.

I will tell you this, do not attempt an abortion yourself. It could end up hurting (perhaps killing) your girlfriend. I think you know this.

Follow up care will be necessary with an abortion as well. Expect to make another visit to the clinic usually about two weeks after the procedure.

Alright, thank you. We won't attempt anything stupid. She'll take the test and we'll go to Planned Parenthood and work everything out, hopefully. All my questions are answered, thanks a ton!!!

I am 13 and five days late on my period, I know this is quite off subject but I am completly FREAKING out because a couple of weeks ago I was messing about with my friends playing dirty dares and a boy took it too far and we almost kinda did it, he didn't put his penis in me but I am still really stressing out about this , what do I do?

I know this is 7 months late but I don't know what you did because usually if u diddnt have sex then u shouldn't be worrying about being pregnant. I hope your not though!

Just asking was your girlfriend pregnant and what happened ??

Hy is their anyone here who can help me please I think I'm pregnant