I just had hemorrhoid surgery (last Wednesday) in which the doctor utilized the stapling method, but since the surger I have had very uncomfortable bowel movements and continuous pain.

I have only been eating brown bread, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber as recommended, but do not know what other food should be eaten for different meals.

Please help me with this, as not only are the bowel movements uncomfortable, they are also extremely painful.

Thank you.

Dear Dessert AH,
I too did the surgery :oops: but using COOK-SHORTSHOT method exactly a week back. Its not been easy hving to get dressings etc.. believe me i bled when i had my first motion!! GUH :shock: it stung me so much within. and shocked me to see blood in the stools. stools were nice and soft too it seemed. but this was normal. there wil be pain the doc said. so this is what my doc said ok,
1.) have one motion everyday. do not sit for more than 5 minutes in the toilet, do not pass stools more than once a day! this will help the wound heal better. and medicine in that area wil be absorbed well. try ur best to control motion during the day and night.
2.) Eat green vegetable eg. Celery, beans, cabbage/lettuce
Fruits: Pears ( fine fruit), banana any other fiber fruit :)
Corn, pulse and walnuts are good.
DISSOLVE TWO TEASPOONS OF BEES HONEY WITH HALF A GLASS OF WARM WATER AND DRINK IT JUST AFTER YOU WAKE UP IN THE
MORNING.
Drink MIlk b4 u sleep. and plenty of water during the day to ensure ur bowels dont turn hard.
3.) take some rest whenever u can. be happy..dont worry coz this can cause pain too.
4.) make sure to tell everytin gu feel to the doc./nurse in charge.

seems like we both are in the same boat. so lets see how it goes ok. im freaking out already thinking of tomo mornings bowel movement..but it wil take maximum 15 days to recover and get back to normal.

so all the bst to you adn GBU.

dnt owrry ok. u wil be fine. just make sure u eat healthy and ON TIME. :) do not delay meals. i used to and i ended up like this. so becareful. and DONT EAT ANY HEATY FOOD LIKE sea food , coffee or chocolate. avoid coke too pls.

cheers!,

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hello. My surgeon says he will be doing a partial hemorroidectomy on a prolasped hemorroid with sutures on the remaining internal to cut off blood flow. Is a partial the same type you had?

Thanks so much!

Healedkg1!! I am so sorry i cldnt reply ur msg. im sos osrry. Did u already do the operation??? How did it go? Or if u havent, i just wanted to say i dont know wut u meant by partial being the same tpe i shld?
My method was to completely cut off the internal thing. Though mine was not prolapsed the surgery was very quick.

But i did have a stictch which they removed after 4 days or so. it hurt a bit but ok. now its been 2 months and i feel much better. not much bleeding too. in another months time i can go swimming too! and do my usual work.

but im still putting medicine once if a while coz sometime the stools tend to get hard and scrapes.
so have to make sure i eat and drink water a lot. no choco or coffee like food.

tell me how urs went. Wish u allt he best!

take care.

Hi I had surgery over a month ago and I am still in significant amounts of pain. It used to come right after a BM and last for an hr or two, sometimes longer. Some days are better than others, but since sunday I've been in constant pain. What medicine are you putting in there? I have been told by my surgeon to only do sitz baths with epsom salt, but I don't think it's doing much for me. I've been out of work and can't work out. I'd like my life back can someone please help me. :-(

Thank you

Hopeful
AF

? Why dont you check the internet before u do surgery....?

There are a couple of surgeries that are the latest thing for hemmoroids  with minimum pain and high success rate.

Post surgery food.....use common sense ..... 

You need to keep things soft and moist... and natural....

At the end of the day we all know what to do /eat . We just didnt and thats why we are here...

I just had my surgery today.....if I dont introduce lots of fruits and veg in my diet, if I sit all day doing nothing and if I have to read the sunday newspaper every time I go to the toilet ...then I will be posting  info and looking for tips in forums like this in a couple of years.

Things that have worked for me so far:Rice, vegetables, butter, fish, soups.

Also, if the BM is painful, DO NOT sit on the toilet when going to poop. Type this into Youtube: "Constipation Pooping Positions" and watch the video by the user jinithomson to get a sense of the various different pooping positions you can try. I poop either by standing over the toilet like I am riding a horse, or by putting my feet on the toilet bowl and squatting down. ** Important** First, throw some TP into the toilet to cover the surface area of the water, so that you dont have splashing all over the place. Even if it does splash all over the place, no big deal, just clean it up after. Stay away from grapes and cherries.Ellis

Having Hemorrhoid surgery next week. Need good food list, if am not a diabetic.

Wish I caught u in time! Do NOT ever have a surgery down there!!!

You can say that again I had hemmoroid surgery a week ago and it is the most painful surgery I've ever experienced worst than child birth if you don't have to do it DON'T!

Im in 2 after operamation in hemorroid,my spinal cird is aching,what will i do?it ok to eat egg en hotdogs

Dear Friend ,
I also had piles surgery more than a month ago and I still get pain in the morning for 1 to 2 hours . Healing is taking too much time . Can you guide me how you got rid of the pain and discomfort in the morning .