My mother told me that pregnant women seem no more prone to urinary tract infections, than other women do. She said it is possible, once it occur, to travel to the kidneys. Since I became pregnant, I want to take care about any disease, so I would like to know if this is true. I would like to know how urinary tract infection is recognized if it develops.

Everything your mother told you is true, and you should take care of yourself and your baby while you are in such a sensitive period. According to some reports, about 2 to 4 percent of pregnant women will develop a urinary tract infection. Scientists think that hormonal changes and shifts in the position of the urinary tract during pregnancy make it easier for bacteria to harm you. In addition, it is easier for bacteria to travel up the urethras to the kidneys. For this reason, many doctors recommend periodic testing of urine especially with pregnant woman because of urinary infections. Not everyone with urinary tract infections has symptoms, but most people get at least some. These may include a frequent urge to urinate and a painful, burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra while urinating. It is quite commonly to feel bad all over infection. You might feel tired, shaky, washed out and to feel pain even when not urinating. Often women feel an uncomfortable pressure above the pubic bone. Because of your pregnancy, you have to take care of yourself and visit gynecologist sometimes, he will know what to do.

how do they determine when u got pregnant is it two weeks before your last period my last period was may 5 does that mean i got pregnant before my last period or after please answer :'(

Pregnancy is taken from the first day of your last period, but conception takes place around two weeks after your period. ie if you had a 28 day cycle, day 1 would be the first day of your period, day 14 would be the day you got pregnant. By the time you miss a period, it is around two weeks after you concieved and you would be 4 weeks pregnant