New Reply New Topic Followed by 37 people

Same problem!! Pressure and tightness under right side rib and upper/center abdominal. I've had it for about a month. Thought it was muscle strain. Went to dr last week and had a series of test. Dr thought gastritus. Just had ultra sound today and found I have 2 large gallstones. Maybe more - Sometimes the small ones are hard to see. Anyways, Thank God this weird feeling will be gone soon when my gallbladder is removed!!! I hope this helps.....

I felt this exact same pressure for the past 10+ years (I am 28 now). The pressure was always very mild, not something many would be concerned about. It happened mainly after drinking a lot of carbonated beverages, or eating fatty meals, or just staying at the computer or in a bendy-like position for longer periods of time.

However, 3 weeks ago the pressure got 10 times worse alongside constant burping, bloating, diarrhea (light colored - clay), and pain throughout my body plus a bit of fever. Went to the doctor and he said it is likely a virus. It also happened that 3 weeks ago I've been eating some very fatty and fried foods, new foods for me. The doctor did a few physical exams of my abdomen, blood pressure, listened to my lungs and intestine, and still said it is likely a virus. I will have a full blood and urine test in 2 weeks time. Now my digestion is ok, except diarrhea occasionally (but normal color), however when I felt that upper right pain more severely (or pressure more exactly) I also noticed a change in the stool color (clay colored) and a lot of burping and gas. In my view that makes the pain related to the liver, gallbladder, or pancreas.

However changing position (laying down for example) reduces or eliminates the pain. Sometimes burping can do that as well.

So, whatever this pain is it looks to be severely affected either by a virus or fatty foods, or both. I will also try to ask for an ultrasound and other tests just to make sure there isn't anything more severe. I am doing full blood tests almost every year and never had any abnormalities found.

Another thing, I too (like another user here) have this little sack of air (I think) where I have the pain and if I push on it, it 'pops' in a way. It does not hurt but is very weird - maybe is normal? It's not there all the time though.

Here's an image where my pain is located http://postimg.org/image/rzxn79ubv/ - red is where it is, blue is where it also hurts from time to time (not sure if it is connected)

I have the exact same symptom, been over a year now, and it feels like a tennis ball is sitting just under my bottom right rib, and the discomfort sometimes works its way to my right side and around back, all along that bottom rib. I work on a computer all day, and so I find myself leaning forwards a lot, which does increase the pressure over time. I believe sitting at a computer 9 hours a day for 13 years is partly to blame for this condition. I'm very fit, do cross-fit regularly, and at first I thought I had strained my intercostal muscles doing pullups. But this doesn't feel like a strain. I can't call this sensation painful either, but the pressure is highly annoying. I've learned to ignore it as best I can, but I suffer from pretty extreme anxiety as many others on this forum, which is probably why we are all here. :)

I had an ultrasound that came back clean except for a case of mild fatty liver. Seems to be a common theme, and at this point I believe that diagnosis to be the explanation for my discomfort. I used to drink a lot of alcohol, but I've since dropped the heavy drinking and I eat very clean. I also have a chronic case of muscle twitching, mostly calves, but it travels, and as other's have mentioned, that liver area will twitch from time to time as well. My vitamin D levels are constantly low even though I drink lots of diary and get lots of sun, and I have very high iron, so I give blood regularly because high iron can definitely cause organ damage. Just a few things about me in case it helps anyone out there who reads this thread.

I plan to continue to refrain from alcohol, eat healthy, and hopefully one day my liver will return to normal size!

Gaalbladder pain, attacks in the evening. It is in between the rib cage up high. It is very very painful. The worst heartburn you have ever felt. It will keep you awake all night. If you eat after 3:00pm and the food you ate
Isnt light enough to have digested then you will suffer all through the night.
No foods that are fried or acidic or heavy will digest. Meat is out of the question. You can expect to lose about 15 lbs or more during the time leading up to surgury. Once the Gallbladder is removed and you are home from the hospital, you may need a pain pill that evening. Day 2 is so much better but still need to lay low. By day three you are on your way to enjoying life once again. The gas from the surgury is more painful than the actual surgury. Gallbladder disease is miserable!

To all experiencing this same pressure on your right side just below your rib cage, Ask your doctor for a sonogram. I have experienced this same sensation for two years, had blood work done numerous times as well as two CT scans and all of this showed nothing. I finally had a sonogram done for an unrelated issue and it showed a small stone in my gallbladder. I was told there's nothing that I can do about it, other than watch my diet and avoid fried foods. It all makes sense because when I watch my diet and am careful about what I eat, the pressure subsides somewhat. Likewise, when I eat deep fried and fatty foods, I feel awful. So bottom line, HAVE AN ABDOMINAL SONOGRAM DONE and you can thank me later.

I'm that 28 years old guy from the previous post. Some updates: So it's been 2 months since I had upper right abdominal pain, but some days the pain was less severe, some days stabbing, some days a pressure. However for 2-3 weeks I started to also have pain in the right upper tummy, then left upper abdomen. Left upper abdomen pains are sharp and can be made worse or less so by changing position, or burping sometimes.

My blood tests, urine and stool confirmed that there is no virus or bacteria. The abdominal ultrasound found some little lumps on my gallbladder but the specialist and doctor said they do not seem serious though another ultrasound will be done to check that.

So, except those lumps (polyps) or whatever they are, they did look at my other organs and didn't find anything. I used to have indigestion now I don't, no more pale colored stools, etc., but still abdominal pain(s).

I'll post here after the other ultrasound is done.

How are you doing now?

I have had problems on and off for years and I am Still searching for a diagnosis how is subclinical inflammation diagnosed if not through one of the above methods

Before you lose anymore organs to incompetent Dr's with crazy DX you should see a different Dr. I can't believe they took out your gallbladder and that didn't solve the problem.

Did this get fixed for you?

I am that 28 years old guy again :). I had 2 ultrasounds done, blood tests, stool tests for bacteria, viruses, and parasites, and so far what they discovered are several polyps on my gallbladder. They are small, noncancerous (can't be more happy about that), and the doctor told me that these polyps can trigger abdominal pains in the right upper quadrant because when the gallbladder squizzes (contracts) these polyps are 'touched' and they can trigger pain.

Sometimes these polyps can trigger indigestion and other gallbladder-related symptoms as I've read online, but most do not show any symptoms.

For the past month or more I also have pains in my left side of my upper abdomen, and a constant feeling of being hungry (when I eat I feel less abdominal pains). Many times I also feel bloated. I will continue to do more tests because I am sure my other symptoms are not from the polyps.

My suggestion for all of you: insist with tests because polyps can become cancerous or can already be cancerous and you don't know that. Gallbladder cancer is one of the deadliest cancers out there, though extremly rare. The doctor suggested that I need to remove my gallbladder in a few years time to make sure these polyps do not become cancerous.

Tomorrow I have another appointment with my doctor and I will continue the investigations for my abdominal pains because it is possible that the right upper abdominal pain is not from the polyps ubt from something else.

Yay that's great!

I think most of us do not feel pain, just a dull ache, like a baby's foot pressing on our side. Some have had their gall bladders removed and the symptoms did not change. just some thoughts.

Yes that's what I also feel (Stefan). In time it became more like a pain, but mainly I feel a pressure.

The main underlying problem for this problem is the navel dislocation or navel shift... It is mostly caused due to improper lifting of heavy weight or high stress... The navel shifts from its original position to either up, down or left, right leading to such symptoms

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use