New Reply New Topic Followed by 41 people

Read all posts with interest. Balloon like feeling in right, rear upper behind ribs, sometimes hurts if I twist or turn. Lots of wind, both ends, and really just discomfort. Just got results back from ultra sound, galdbladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas all OK. Next step, camera down throat......

Iain

No, no one has solved this.

Does anyone who has this issue consider themselves to be in good shape?  i.e. Exercises daily and eats healthy foods regularly?  I have the same issue which I believe has been aggravated by my sedentary life style.  The pressure/tightness around my lower-right rib cage has gotten much, much worse since I started working the night shift.  It has thrown off my body mechanics and is making my shoes wear unevenly.  As many have said, my doctor was no help.  As a side note, I have noticed that dark roast coffee (Jet Fuel brand, from Amazon) seems to ease my symptoms at times.

One lady mentioned a liver cleanse/gall bladder cleanse, but the admin deleted whatever web page she had posted. Heck, I will try anything that is natural! I am thinking of trying a liver flush. Our symptoms could be because of gas, or stones. Is it possible to have stones in your liver? I don't know. This cleanse involves epsom salts, grapefruit, olive oil, etc. You can search for Dr. Hulda Clark's Liver Cleanse. One article speaks of "Intrahepatic Stones - Stones Inside Liver Bile Ducts" - that makes sense!

Please let us know the results of anything you try. A couple days ago I started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes. I really don't think these will help, but it's worth a shot. What an irritating condition...

Well, the probiotics and digestive enzymes don't seem to be making much of a difference. Has anyone tried anti-yeast medication???

I'm still having his issue and it's annoying as heck. Anyone get any answers yet? Also, are those having these issues male or female? Wondering if woman issues heightened this feeling?

I switched probiotics and suppliments. Went away for a bit bit came back shortly after. :-(

Well guys, I too have exactly the same issues -- and have had for EIGHT YEARS.  I've had ultra sounds, gall bladder tests, endoscope, and blood work -- all come back perfectly normal.  I am healthy, active, fit, and I eat incredibly well -- all organic, whole foods, and naturally probiotic foods like ferments and kombucha and yogurt.  My meals tend to be predominantely plant based, but I do eat meat as well a couple times a week and it's grass-fed/finished local.  I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use recreational drugs, and almost never use over the counter drugs of any kind.Eight years I've been dealing with this and no one can tell me what the problem is.  And it's gotten worse.  It is now really effecting my breathing, and what began as the feeling off a tennis ball under my right side rib cage, now feels like a bowling ball.  Being active seems to help -- sitting really makes it worse.  But I rarely sit still -- I'm walking, hiking, exercising more often than sitting.I'm frustrated and uncomfortable and completely at my wits end.  I have gone so far as to periodically do week long green juice fasts, and liver cleanses, and gall bladder cleanses in the hope that something, anything would help......but nothing does.

Anyone have any answers?  I'm feeling very desperite.

I am going on 2 1/2 years of the same thing....no answers...lots of tests....sitting and driving are the worse....sometimes it will be calm...but the pain has been back for a week now....wish I knew what it was....

I Found this on another Website hope it gives some of you a peace of mind :) ''I was diagnosed with IBS-D three years ago after a sudden onset diarrhea. The last year, I have been having pain under my right ribs just at the lower edge of the right rib cage, along the edge of ribs on the rights side. My pain is sometimes dull and sometimes stabbing. When making a sudden move like twisting towards back or if I bend sideways to the right, I sometimes get a stabbing pain unexpectedly. At times, it feels as if there is something under my ribs. Often my entire upper right quadrant is sore as if I had a bruise from something that hit me. Sometimes I can localize the pain at a specific spot, right at the edge of my right ribs sometimes it is more diffuse but still in the general area. It almost feels as if there is a tumor growing in the area. These sypmtoms have been so relentless and so specific that I was convinced that there was something wrong, perhaps with the liver, biliary ducts or gallbladder or even the head of the pancreas. However, my recent MRI came up normal. The reason I am posting this is to let others who have similar symptoms know that despite the unmistakable, persistent, very specific and localizable pain in that area there may be nothing serially wrong with you. I know that I am not imagining my symptoms. This pain may be due to subclinical low grade inflammation of the large bowel at the hepatic flexure extending towards the right side of the traverse column or a low grade inflamation due to a lingering infection of the large bowel or the Sphincter of Oddi (check out Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction). Subclinical inflammation does not show up in MRI or even colonoscopies and pill endoscopy. If you are having similar systems don't assume the worse automatically but go get yourself checked. As a side note coffee aggravated my symptoms. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions about my symptoms. Wishing you all the best''

I too experience all of the above and also had my gallbladder out.. Only to have the same symptoms I had pre-gallbladder removal. All test are negative and I'm too the beyond frustrated stage..

my symptoms are exactly the same as yours, had gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago & the feeling of a baby pushing its limbs against my organs is worse than ever, not so much pain as pressure

I am a 52 year old female and have had this same disconfort for 3 years now. It is a slight pressure under my right lower ribs and it feels like a baby pushing its foot on my side. Sometimes I also feel disconfort on my lower right back area. I am very healthy, eat right, exercise and only drink wine on weekends. I had all sorts of tests done two years ago, upper and lower gi, catscan, sonograms, a test with an iv to test my gallblader etc... and all came back normal! I have been to the chiropractor and nothing ! After all that, the gastroentorologist told me to ignore the pain, because I didnt have to worry that it was something bad.  Last year was much better and lately it started up again! I do not know what to do anymore !!! I also thought it might be my bed because the pains started when I bought a new "sleep by number bed" I still have the bed because I spent too much money on it but just lately I put a memore foam on top of the mattress and I wonder if this has anything to do with the pain I feel.  Anyone out there have any suggestions??? 

Mari, I have all the same symptoms that have been listed. I have had this pressure feeling for almost 2 years, the same amount of time that I have had my new bed. Now someone mentioned something about a pinched nerve in the back, I wonder if this has anything to do with it since everyone has this problem mainly when they are sitting?