New Reply New Topic Followed by 41 people

I'm going thru the same thing but mine is on my left side

Look up abdomen wall pain from pinched nerve in the back.

Based on my own experience I would recommed keeping a food diary and track all the symptoms, and then exclude some foods from your diet for a period of 1 to 2 months each. Introduce the foods back if you don't feel any better.

I haven't felt "normal" since last year I tested positive for the H Pylori. Advised by my herbalist I stopped eating gluten, sugar (eat only foods with low sugar content) and cow's milk. I felt better for some months but then started to have a very uncomfortable pressure on the epigstric area and sometimes on the right side of the abdomen (my daily bus commute was a nightmare, couldn't stand 1 hour sitting straight). My herbalist then tested my for gluten cross reactive foods and the results came slightly over the limit for dairy and egg. I realised that due to the new diet I had increased a lot the ingest of eggs and goat's yogurt and butter (eating both 3 every other day). I stopped eating eggs and dairy 2 months ago. With the food diary I discovered that tomato juice also gives me abdomen pressure.

I finally feel normal, just hope this time is for good.

OMG! I have the sma eproblem, I can't believe so many people are having Presure on the right side below the rib, like something is pushing agaist it.  I have NOT seen my doctor.  I am also disapointed that I have not read from all these post what this presure could be.

I have experienced your exact situation and am wondering if you have found anything out since you posted. I am two weeks out from having my gallbladder removed and have all the same symptoms (which are identical to yours) continuing. Doctor told me to wait 3 more weeks to see if it gets better and then I will go and have a scope put down my throat to see what they can find. I just want to figure out what it is and get it fixed! Seems like I've read so many posts about people experiencing the same things, but there are never any follow up posts of resolutions.

I'm also having these same issues. Started with gut tightness, stomach pains, led on to constipation, and the last three months pressure under right ribs. Worse when sat. Now I'm getting lower back pain, and feel like my groin and armpit glands are swollen. Bloods, ultrasound, chest x-ray, colonoscopy, all came back fine. Drs say its IBS. I've stopped dairy, tried digestive enzymes, garlic tablets, prebiotics, acupuncture, colonic irrigation...none seem to have any effect on it. Pretty desperate to get rid of this! Anyone found a cure?

In all this has been going on for nearly 12 months now.

Have they tested you for H Pylori? I pretty much had all those symptoms.

My symptoms have subsided a good bit after I elimated night shades (tomatoes, potatoes, paprika, etc.). Think another part of it may be sciatic! Just SO frustrating...and annoying.

So glad I'm not the only one with this.  Seems like a lot of people have this.  For me, to be more specific, the discomfort is like that of a tumor or "baby's foot" pushing under the right rib.  Although I'm male and can't assume I know what a baby's foot feels like.  If you put your finger at the bottom of your rib cage and go about three inches to the right following along the right rib and just below...that's where my discomfort is.  Is this the same spot everyone else is feeling it?  I too wonder if it's diet related.  I'm 42 and are slightly above average weight.  I very rarely indulge in fast food and eat a diet rich in veggies with moderate meat portions.  I've learned through my "testing" with my diet that I'm lactose intolerant.  But that seems to be a separate issue from the discomfort below the right rib.  I work in I.T. and are sometimes under desks putzing with cables and equipment.  I notice if I'm in a confined state where my chest comes closer to my legs (sitting cramped) that particular area flairs up in pain, kind of like a pulled muscle.  I immediately have to straighten my body in order for the pain to subside.  Even then though..the discomfort never really goes away. It just lessens or grows in discomfort.  

February 2014 I started experiencing horrible abdomen pain. I vomited nearly every day and sat in pain as doctors ran me through every test in the book. It got to a point where I felt the doctor's didn't believe me anymore or they thought I was doing this for attention or something. I felt like there was a brick, or a mass of somesort just under my ribcage. That feeling was always there. Then I had extreame shooting pains, nausea, vomiting, the whole nine yards. Finally they did a HIDA scan and found that my gallbladder was rupturing. It was removed immediately. I had a VERY SLOW recovery but finally got back on my feet.

Now it is December 2014 and I have the brick feeling again. I don't have the pain like I did last time but something just isn't right. I'm very frustrated and honestly don't want to start the whole process over. I also don't want to continue to feel like this.

I would also like to mention that I have gained at least 10 pounds since my surgery. I have been trying my hardest to at least stay the size I am if not loose weight and it seems I can't stop gaining! Lets add insult to injury!

I am a 33 year old woman, I do not drink and do not smoke.

I had my Gallbladder removed a while back though and ever since I have still had symptoms, some days bad pain but every day pressure under my right rib. I had a scan that turned up nothing :( I just had blood work done and my doc says its to do with my pancreas, something to do with it not making the enzymes or not enough of them because of prolonged treatment of steroids for asthma and put me on creon.

The pressure is starting to really get me down, I have been on the Creon for a week and wondered if anyone else has had this same diagnosis?

I have estensive problems and on a lot of medication already, it seems one medication takes an illness away but gives me a new one to worry about :(

I do have reflux and on treatment for that, I have hiatus hernia and many food allergies.

My treatments for asthma :- ventolin inhaler, ventolin nebs, atrovent nebs, symbicort turbo haler, prednisalone tablets, nulin sa tablets, pirton, cetirizine and home oxygen.

For reflux :- pantoprazol 40mg x3 tablets, renitadine, domperidone 10mg and magnizium tricilicate.

Ostioparosis:- calcium d3 tablets and a once weekly (changes due to reflux, havent got one yet that hasnt made things worse)

Sheumanns disease and ostioparosis caused spinal injury so I am on tramadol, codiene or morphine depending on pain.

And now the new Creon 1000 :S

This is all very confusing, I would just love to hear from anyone else :D

That's it! That's exactly it. Rolls of fat that are being squished when sitting...

I had all the exact same symptoms of pain pressure an even muscle spasms.. I had X-ray, CT scan, ultrasound and blood tests.. My doctor thinks it's a pinched nerve and gave me muscle relaxers. My side is still a little sore and tender but the muscle relaxer took almost all the pain away! I can breathe normally now and am able to sit and lie down. If u haven't considered this to be the cause of ur symptoms maybe you should.. Hope I helped someone! Good luck:)

Hi, Yes last test I asked for was H Pylori, after reading on the net. Came back negative. Was so hoping for it to be positive