New Reply New Topic Followed by 36 people

I was diagnosed with IBS several years ago. I have so many different issues with it.  Medications play havoc with my intestinal track. A few months ago I had a minor proceedure done & it resulted in hives & an infection. I was put on antibiotics & steroid pills. They hurt my stomach terribly. Then I felt as though I must have pulled a muscle in my back/side while exercising. I suffered for days & quit exercising because I could hardly move. It just wasn't improving. Finally a "light" went on in my brain & I remembered a product I keep on hand & have to take occasionally. The brand is Natural Vitality. The product is called NATURAL CALM. It seems to relax the intestinal track. I took it for 3 or 4 nights and I could feel the pain moving down my colon finally relieving itself from my body. I didn't have to take it again. Last Sunday night I felt that baloon in my right side and back pain feeling bruised. It woke me up with pain sleeping on my right side. I also got nausous for about an hour. The baloon was not going anywhere so yesterday(Tuesday) I got online & found this site. As I was  reading everyones stories, that "light" came on again reminding me of the Natural Calm. I took it at bedtime last night & woke up this morning without that baloon in my right side. I may take it again tonight for good measure. Give it a try. See if it works for you. Also Check out PAU D' ARCO and make tea. Dr MArk Rosenberg has some really good short videos on the subject. A slow cleaning & maintenance of your colon can't hurt. I started doing that as well.

hello ,  i'm  16 years old and have been experiencing a uncomforting , balloon feeling  just below my right rib .  It's mostly uncomfortable when sitting or bending to the right side . It's almost as if something swelled up or isn't supposed to be there but i know there must be another reason for the cause of the feeling . I also tend to get sicky burps sometimes , but i doubt that it has anything to do with it . If anyone has had exactly the same symptoms  , please reply as soon as possible , it's been concerning me for a week now . Further i wish the best for the others who have this too :) 

-charles 

Hi, I present the same symptoms, feeling of pressure in the right side of the abdomen at the height of the ribs. I was very afraid to be a problem in the liver. I even self diagnosed with liver cancer and I was desperate. I am relieved to have found this topic here and have seen many people with the same symptoms. Do you believe that this can be a muscular problem? When I wake in the morning the feeling of pressure is much lower. Increases during the day. It get worse after i workout and run. I do not feel it too much while I'm standing, but when I lay down is extremely uncomfortable. I have no other symptoms, such as nausea or headache or anything like that. Only by this strange feeling of heaviness in the right side of my adbomen. When I inhale I i dont feel it, but when I exhale I feel it. Its just too odd.

I also have this issue. I noiced it more at work where I sit most of the day leaning forwards a bit in my chair. The sensation comes around every hour or so. No pain , just pressure. I had blood work twodays ago and have been given instruction to monitor the sensation for two weeks. They will be setting up an apointent for an ultrasound for my abdomen which there is no pain or pressure. They say they want to see if I have an ulcer? I would think that an MRI of the area of pressure would tell more. Wow!, I'm getting the pressure right now, amazing! What a strange feeling. Maybe it's stress related? I was hoping to find an answer here but, looks like we're all in the same boat. It's all guess work

people who worry about symptoms WILL SELF DIAGNOSE!! So GUEST keep your opinion to yourself if you have nothing to add to the discussion,ok ?1

Hi I am having the exact same problems as you are . And all my tests came back normal . I'm also on acid reflux meds.

I have had this same problem that just started the past few months, maybe even 6 months now. No pain but I feel like my liver is swollen and tight as if it is pushing my rib but doesnt feel or appear swollen outwardly. It has now started radiating to my right side of my back up to my shoulder like a tight muscle, still no pain. I also started experiencing stomach issues such as constant diarrhea, sensitivity to coffee I have been drinking daily for years and never had a problem with before etc. My doc initially thought it was gallbladder and did a US and blood work, both which came back good with the exception of a small polyp which I know isnt near the size of the pressure I feel not to mention my heart is telling me it isnt that organ causing the problem (instincts matter). I did a CT Scan yesterday and it came back normal too so I have no answer at this point either. I did read this link though which covers just about every single symptom I have been experiencing and may give some guidance. We all want relief so I wanted to share what seems to have helped. I started drinking a natural liver detox tea found at any grocery store in the tea isle or health store and adding organic tumeric powder a few dashes and cinnamon which are both anti-inflamatory and I swallow a couple pepper corns from the spice section as the properties in pepper enhance the effectiveness of the tumeric and within 30 minutes the pressure went away. I did this for a week and was symptom free for a week. I stopped and it came back. This link may help some of you to determine it is probably your liver needing a detox and a healthier lifestyle. I would also like to mention that I have smoked weed and notice that it aggravated the pressure and was less present when not smoking. Any details help as many may not mention in a blog or to a doctor.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Just posted the last post above this one and would like to also mention that though I say I think it is the liver, that it has not been detected by any tests, just a process of elimination and a gut instinct as well as the location. It is not below my rib as many mention, it feels like it is inside the right rib as if the ribs are housing this pressure. Hope this all helps. I would urge anyone desperate for relief to try a detox as long as your physician says its ok. You'd be amazed at how effective tumeric is as well. I work for a #1 rated health institute in medical research and many colleagues are starting to use tumeric for other issues like curing valley fever with tumeric alone. Best of luck to you all

I can relate to what everyone is talking about. I am a 55 year old female from the UK. Having suffered from pain behind my breastbone, which radiated up to my jaw, for 3 years that my doctor said was GERD caused by my hiatus hernia ( diagnosed by endoscopy) and having had numerous attacks despite taking 40mg of Omeprazole daily I was finally sent for an ultrasound in September last year on my gallbladder and they found 3 very large gallstones & it was decided the best thing to do would be to remove my gallbladder. I decided to have the operation done privately and I saw a consultant on the 18 October and we arrange for the operation to be done on the 25 November. However less than 12 hours after seeing the consultant I had pain like I had never had in my life in my chest back and upper right abdomen I was vomiting bile the color of freshly cut grass and a temp of 41c. Needless to say I was rushed to hospital with fall blow gallbladder attack. I was in hospital for a week during which time I had a MRI scan and it was found that one of the stones had found it's way into the common bile duct they performed a ERCP & removed it. They did not want to remove my gallbladder during my stay in hospital as it was so inflamed and they wanted this to go down. I eventually had my gallbladder on 25 November & the consultant said it was a long time since he had seen one so bad it was completely filled with pus it was stuck fast to my liver & duodenum but the wonderful man still managed to get it out by laparoscopy. I am happy to say that I have had no reoccurrence of the type of pain that I had for the previous 3 years. However since January this year I to have had this feeling of pressure under my right ribs just where my gallbladder used to be. Occasionally I get a stabbing pain that moves left towards the middle of my stomach but most of the time it feels like a partly inflated balloon which it having the air squeezed inside it and I also get the kicking sensation like a babies foot in my ribs. At first my doctor said it was increased gas and my digestive system getting used to not having a gallbladder, but as it has gone on for so long he has referred me to my local NHS hospital with a view to having more scans done to see if there are any stones left behind or to see if I have Spincter of Oddi dysfunction. As I say it is not painful just uncomfortable and annoying.

Hi. Had scans, colonoscopy, & blood work. All ok, except blood work- have fatty liver. Few month ago developed a "productive" kinda cough when I laughed. Cough eventually got worse and developed into something that sounded like I had bronchial problems hoarse voice to match... Went to 2 docs- 1 was a acupuncturist that detected that my Pancreas was irritated & that I was having issues with sugar. And the 2nd doc - non-traditional, but Master Herbalist, that detected Fatty Liver and my liver not having the enzymes needed. The cough I was told was the result of my organs producing mucus. My Herbalist said that I also had food allergies and needed to clean-up my diet. I so agreed!!! I am overweight. I'm seeing an acupuncturist and the Master Herbalist combined. By the way, my traditional Doc gave me antibiotics for my cough- when I did take just in case something was brewing. With the cough there was NO fever, no runny nose, just a productive cough with sputum. I went 1-week solid with NO sugar, NO Coffee, No sweets/pastires (junk food)- eating clean & healthy and I felt great. I didn't feel "inflamed" or "swollen" if that makes sense. I am tho, having a dull feeling underneath my right side under the ribcage. I too hope to get to the bottom of this...

I've had the same issues. I've had lupus for 3 years now and my dr think possibly MS, so I'm used to inflammation and discomfort. It turned out that I've been putting up weight slowly the past few years. I am not super big, but I got out of the official healthy BMI range and was slightly overweight. I've had reflux issues on and off for the past 5 years. My Dr suspected an enlarged liver and put me on a harsh low fat, low sugar, no alcohol diet. Very restrictive and difficult to follow, I failed 3 times before sticking to it and still today I'm obsessing about food. It has been 2 months now and I'm starting to feel my symptoms lessen. I think he was right and maybe my midsection was just too fat and my organs too large for me to sit without discomfort.
Is anyone overweight here? If so, you should really give it a go (the diet sucks, though!) I hope all the other ones will find where their problem comes from. GL!

Well guys, its been about a year or two since my post. The balloon feeling in my right side is gone but now occurs as a slight pain. Almost feels like I have fluid in the bottom of my lungs sometimes. All time spent I've targeted the problem to occur in relationship to my gall bladder and liver. There are many gall bladder cleansing methods online that I would recommend. Mostly just involves drinking ALOT of apple juice everyday. Someone mentioned earlier that it's "fat organs", I totally agree. Second piece of advice I have is, stay away from fast food. It immediately pisses off my gall bladder and gets the symptom train rolling again. Water, exercise and a clean diet. Also, you may have created a sensation simmiliar to what we are discussing by simply sleeping wrong.

Natural Calm is a magnesium supplement. Maybe you have opened up an answer for all of us.

I am a 41 year old. Female.
I have always had a uncomfortsble feeling under my right rib cage and my side at that same waist line area. Especially if laughed hard... Did some sudden movement itbepuld tirn to a stitches type feeling snd charlie horse..
after i started working out i got this pain under my rib cage so i backed off..Drs did all these test and nothing showed.. However thst dull aching pain stopped since i cut bsck from excercising.. Recently i noticed pressure and rumbing like ball feeling aganst my rib cage when i sit or stand up.I also a general pressure on thst side like something is thete..
Im lost 68 lbs and im 20lbs from my bmi.. I eat only fish as meat and vegtables beans no pasta .only quinoa or brown rice Eggs and i drink only water..I limit my excercises that dont strengthen my core.

I have been chasing this for five years. I fully thought it was muscular skeletal after falling skiing and breaking my collar bone. I saw chiropractor/acupuncture, muscle adhesion therapy, epidural pain blocks and had my gall bladder removed (it was 3x normal size and 12% functioning). All had some relief for a little while but it would return. I regularly have elevated alkaline phospatate numbers, but that can happen with broken bones and bad gall bladder. After the latest blood test, an iso enzyme test was done that said the source was liver. The gall bladder surgeon said I had a slightly fatty liver but that would not be the source of the elevated numbers. Tests were done for Hepatitis A-C, all negative. Hida scan for liver function, normal. I have another visit to the liver doctor in a week to see what the next step is. I suspect liver biopsy to see the extent of the fatty liver.
I am dabbling in diet this week. I have cut out cold dairy items (milk, cheese, etc) to see if that helps. I think I feel a little better, but that could just be hope. I am dreading the fatty liver diet I expect to be told to follow. If it helps, that would be ok. I did go through every post here and noted the varity of ailments mentioned to share those with the doctor all the same. I'll share what if find out.