Hello. My daughter is bothering me with ear piercing. All her friends have done it, although I doubt that and she wants this too. She wants to pierce her ear cartilage. I would like to hear about pros and cons about this. What should I do? Should I let her? I would appreciate it very much.

Hi. Before you let her do that, you should be well informed about the procedure. You should choose a well known shop to do that. It must look clean to you. It can be done with sterilized needle or with a gun. Using gun can shatter the cartilage, so it will need more time to heal. Many people are fine with this procedure. However, there is a risk of infection. If this is done in sterilized conditions, then you shouldn’t worry. Talk to mothers of the girls that have already done this.

i have 13 piercings, the majority of which are in the ear cartilage. lately i;ve noticed one of the upper piercings seems to be a bit closer the ridge of my ear...is it possible for cartilage piercings to grow out of your ear the way surface piercings can?

Hi, nearly 14... And my mum is letting me get it done now... Maybe make a deal with your daughter that if she gets good grades and keeps it up the she can have it done? Make sure that if she is getting it done to use a needle not a gun, because guns shatter the cartilage! It takes a lot of responsibility because you have to make sure it stays clean. So just remind her that she can't sleep on that specific side of the ear for a couple of months, and just that it takes a lot of looking after! And in the end if she doesn't like it she can always take it out and heal it back up.... 

Hope that helps! :) 

Hiya, I'm 16 and i got mine pierced 2 days ago, used a disposable gun that i'd bought off the internet and i let my friend do it that had never pierced ears before everything was clean and sterile and mine is absolutely fine i can even sleep on it. Although that part of the ear is extremely vulnerable to infection so just make sure she washes it with salty water. (About a teaspoon of salt and boiling kettle water, fill cup half way and stir it, leave to go luke warm and then clean around the piercing with a cotton pad) also turn it very slowly about twice a day and try to keep hair and hands away, although i touch mine all the time and always have my hair up. It just helps it not get infected. If there's any problems with it, you can just take it out and it will heal up. Hope this helped :)

You are hottie Baylie

My mom is letting me get mine done too help me with my head aches. Make sure you do your research on the place you plan on getting it done. Most places you have to be at least 14