I found my urologist on this forum and had my surgery by Dr. Bandi in Washington, DC 1 month ago. I and 75 and suffered with BPH for 20 years. Now i am peeing like a 30 year old. They removed 65 gram of prostate. Post-operative bleeding was minimal, catheter was out the next day, no leakage or erectile dysfunction. Sleeping though the night. Cant be happier.

Apprentice
Wow! I am glad to hear this

Hello...thanks that is great.... better than great actually... I am about 2 months post op w/ Dr Dora in Tampa area. All is well for me also. Couldn't be better in my opinion!
I believe my prostate was somewhat larger (maybe 110 g) with bladder stones above one as large as 22mm diameter... and a number of smaller ones.... got em all. Surgery at 7:30 AM and released by noon the next day! Thanks to the Lord and the medical staff!

Hi there,
I would like to share my experience with Urolift and Holep. My prostate was 75 ml and medications were not helping. I researched Urolift and went to Georgetown University in DC, the only place in the area which does the procedure. Dr. Bandi suggested that although I am a candidate for Urolift, I should strongly consider a Holep. He recommends Urolift only in patient with small and medium size glands (upto 50-60cc). I decided to try Urolift. I was a 5 minute office procedure. It worked better than medications but I wasn't satisfied. Had a holep later and wow, what a remarkable improvement. Should have listened to my doctor!!

Anybody have any experience with Dr. Doreen Chung?..... her name is mentioned below. She is now in the NY Metro area.

I am totally confused with different procedures to treat BPH. Any recommendation of experienced urologists in Melbourne Australia for Greenlight PVP or HoLEP and TURP would be much-appreciated Thanks

Hello Albert.... I had the Holep 1.5 days in hospital minimal bleeding... highly recommend if Drs are available in your area

My best friend is a very well known urologist and this is what he told me. avoid green light PVP at any cost. Holep is better than TURP for large glands (40) and has been around for 20years. Urolift and Rezum are new and probably best for small prostates (