so, my girlfriend and i have been having sex for about 3 weeks. her period is late. i have been wearing condoms and pulling out when i ejaculate. the thing i am concerned with is that she has not had her period. she is about 8 days late and very concerned. it is the first time she has been having sex in two years. she has the sings of a period, but no flow. her breasts are sore, her back hurts, she is a little more irritable, which is a sign for her. can someone please give some experience or advice on the matter?

Hi hon! There are MANY reasons why a womans period can be late!

1. She's pregnant
2. Stress, Worry
3. Exercising too much
4. Weight loss or weight gain
5. Irregular periods for Cystic Ovaris

If she always regular, and you have ALWAYS worn a condom and pulled out, then she is NOT pregnant! If she is worried aboutt this, this can actually cause her period to be late! Tell her she is not pregnant, and tell her to relax, take a REALLY warm bath and it should start shortly - she is having the signs that her period is coming on! Good luck and health to you both!

i'm having the same thing! my period is now nearly 7 days late - and i had protected sex with my boyfriend about 2 weeks ago. i dont feel any different but i feel like my period is due - however i've been feeling on and off like this for about a week now?
any ideas?

i;ve had alot of stress recently - funeral, injury, exams, and work so could this be the cause?

also, once or twice before i became sexually active i missed a period, but had alll the signs of one.

please help!
im only 16 and so, so concerned. being pregnant would be horrible for me at the moment.

Hi Jasmine! As long as there was NO ejaculate inside your vagina you are NOT pregnant! Stress is HUGE on our bodies! And other than pregnancy is the number1 cause for delaying periods and making us ill! Sometimes when we become sexually active and have sex, depending on when we ovulate etc, it can increase our sex hormones and cause delays in ovulation! Some women have noticed vaginal bleeding after sex! Due to the increase of hormones! So try and relax make yourself know that you are NOT pregnant! And soon your brain will get the memo!!! I always use office terms for communication between organs!!! 8-| ;-) XD Give it a few more days of relaxing baths, deep breathing and allowing the period to come on by itself! You WILL be fine honey!

im trying so hard!
but i keep getting this thought that omg. but what if i am pregnant?!

im trying to destress.

thanks for your help!

Was there ANY chance of ejaculate getting out of the condom? THAT is the big question

no! as soon as he came, he pulled out. and i checked both myself, and the condom after wards.
there was no holes tears or splits in the condom. but still they dont have a 100% safe rate right?

True! BUT no matter what, there HAS to be ejaculate honey! Not many people realize what a sperm has to endure to get to the egg! They first have to be inserted into the vagina - perferable as close to the cervix as possible (thus ejaculation) because the vagina has it's own defence system - lubrication to stop sperm and other foreign invaders! THEN the sperm has to get through the worst area the Cervix! The Cervix is COATED in a thick like gel that is made to STOP whatever it can - including sperm! THEN IF they get past that, they have to find an egg IF there is one and make it there, THEN they have to try and get through the lining of the egg! Thus only if there is ovulation can there be conception! This is how hard it is! Of course there are "Successes" and surprises, BUT as long as you keep protected your chances are VERY slim! Another good thing to do is have your partner cum outside! Thus taking away ANY worry! I have told my sons, that they should ALWAYS wear a condom - even if their partners are on BCP! It HAS to be a total given for young boys to wear condoms ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!

okay, so its been even more stress - i've just broken up with my boyfriend - no signs of pregnancy still. stopped getting period pain now, but my boobs are still tender - however getting less tender all the time - also - this happened a couple of times before i was sexually active - had the same thing - period pain that lasted like two weeks and sore boobs - but no actual period.
im still quite scared.

do you think it could be a possibility that i am?
im so scared.
even more so now that i dont have my ex's support if i was.
please help me :'(
i dont know what to do.

Hi Jasmine honey! OK you have to re read your statement! What you are experiencing right now, you have experienced before, so this isn't unusual for you! To put your mind at ease take a pregnancy test! I am wondering if you have the beginnings of an Ovairan Cyst!? Google Ovarian Cyst Symptoms and take a look!

hey!
panic over!
i came on my period today. thank GOD
it was just a little late thats all - and i have never been so relieved to have my period,
:-)

thanks for all your help though - and helping me destress slightly!

I've had the same situation with me and my girlfriend bit we didn't use protection and we literally only it in for 5 second and wen I pulled out I felt the tip and didn't feel pre cum just her wettnes

Me and my girlfriend have had the the same thing happen but we didn't use a condom..... but we only had it in for five seconds exactly (I counted) and when I took it out I felt the tip and felt no pre cum cuz I know what it feels like (and btw I wasn't even close to ejaculating) the only thing I felt was wettness. Can anyone please help we r only 15 and it was our first time having sex and we really don't want her to be pregnant

So if you can help that would be very amazing

And the only signs she has got is lower back pain 2weeks after it happened and headaches nothing else