I decided that the best way to compensate for that lack of protein is to load up on protein shakes between meals and after workouts. Plus, I’ve been told that protein shakes will give me really toned muscles. What protein shakes would you recommend me?

Be careful, eat at least 3 consistent meals a day and only fuel up on protein shakes as a supplement, or to replace a meal every now and again. Living just on protein supplements can be hazardous to your health and will leave your muscles soft. The purpose of meal replacement powders is to eliminate the time-consuming and inconvenient endeavor of preparing a full-fledged meal, so it's important that your meal replacement offers a proper balance of calories from protein, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and all the essential vitamins and minerals your body requires. I recommend UltraMet Champion Nutrition.