New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

what is ptb, upper right lobe. I want to know something about this case, on where it came from and how to cure it

Legend
Hi Shirley,

PTB stands for Pulmonary Tuberculosis.  It is located in your right lung, the upper lobe.  You were exposed to the bacteria, could have been by a cough or sneeze.

It can usually be easily treated with antibiotics.  See your doctor and follow all prescriptions EXACTLY as prescribed.

Good luck.

what is suspicious densities are seen in the right upper lobe?

Legend
The upper portion, lobe, of your right lung is showing signs that suggest you may have tuberculosis.  It is determined by the shading of the x-ray.  Anything that restricts the x-rays passing through the tissue shows as a lighter shade.  

Just like a dental x-ray.

medic-dan wrote:

Just like a dental x-ray.

what does it mean of ptb right upper lobe cicatricial atelectasis. how does it cure

Legend
Kylieanne, it usually doesn't cure.

There is scar tissue in your lungs, from tuberculosis. The alveoli, air sacs, that take in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide, are trapped in the scar tissue. They can't function as before.

Speak to your doctor. He's seen the x-rays and knows the prognosis better.

Hope it helps.

Hello there MissMiss,

Tuberculosis is a condition which is caused by bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis and this condition affects lungs. Most common symptoms of tuberculosis include chronic or persistent cough and sputum production (if sputum contains blood this means that condition has advanced), fatigue, lack of appetite, weight loss, fever and night sweats.

When it comes to the treatment option, you will be prescribed three or four different kinds of antibiotics and unfortunately you will have to take them for at least six months. And you must follow the instructions given by your doctor because if treatment doesn’t work you can find yourself in really big trouble. Also, you will need to avoid contact with other people for at least two weeks because you can infect them.

shirley delos reyes wrote:

how came from this case??

kylieanne wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

Just like a dental x-ray.

how can they be so sure its a ptb i have a similar problem..right apex..but other xray taken none at all.. any comments..i have lost my job because of this

i wish to know how to cure this finding (ptb right upper lobe)

what is minimal PTB both upper lobes ??

Hi, My x-ray result found a "suspicious minimal koch's at the right upper lung.

I need any recommendations to cure my disease..

thank you

my doctor said i have fibrotic ptb right what it is means????plz answer my question

I can relate to this, presently I am having the same problem after chest xray. IMPRESSION : PNEUMONITIS VS PTB IN THE UPPER RIGHT LOBE....I only experiencing cough and advised to a ten (day) antibiotics then chest xray shall be performed again.... I felt a little light knowing that it can usually be easily treated. Still I will be visiting a pulmonologist to assess more my situation. Thanks for the enlightenment. God Bless

I have a impression PTB, (R) Upper Lobe Is this just a scar or minimal or what? Because I've already take 6 Months medicine.