Hi there, my name's Jack and I'm a fifteen, going on sixteen year old female. I've heard of a lot of people with the same sort of problems as me, but never all at the same time.

My major concern is my right nipple, not the areola but directly on the nipple itself, has been dry and scaly for about half a year now. I never thought anything of it, but what I would do is use tweezers to pull the dry skin off in an effort to return my breasts to the previous, identical appearance. Anyone could tell me that was a bad idea, and now I know it definitely was. Now, whenever there's touching, rubbing, pushing, squeezing (by myself, of course) etc. of the areola or nipple, a clear, yellow-tinted liquid pus is excreted, but it's not just from, the hole, I guess you call it, but it's the skin of the whole nipple. After I do anything with it, it continues to release this pus and it sometimes leaves my shirts / bras with tiny damp spots, which you can imagine is rather embarrassing as little is needed to cause it.

The skin is also dry and flaky that can be removed in large chunks, but it's totally painless. If anyone has ever had a turtle that has begun to shed layers of its scales, and you've pulled them off in order to keep them clean, then seen the layer on its own, off of the turtle; that's what my "scales"look like, as they're rather large. Once they've been removed my nipples seem to get deep cracks in them, where it appears like a canyon that's half a millimetre deep. It may not be much, but for a wound on sensitive skin? In my opinion, it's a little worrying. It tends to bleed, but never too much, but then a scab is formed around the "crack." The skin then reverts to its normal, flaky self.

After any sort of intentional contact, my right breast becomes unbearably itchy. And as if the cracks, and peeling skin and pus were not enough to deter me, nipples are naturally sensitive. I cannot scratch, but it drives me insane, so I tend to go nuts and scratch anyway, and this seems to cause more damage. My right breast now has a constant ache that feels as if I've recently peeled the skin away, even if I have not. The only history I can provide that seems relevant to this is sexually, there has been some suckling around that area. Except it has been on both breasts, so I don't see why there would be an effect on only one.

I also use a cortizone cream on it that I've been using since I was a child, as I have been diagnosed with eczema. But I know this can't be eczema, as it's totally different from where I normally have it, which is around my joints and on my legs, neck and face. They don't peel, they don't ache, and they sure as hell don't randomly excrete pus. The cortizone cream is not just an anti-itch cream for me but rather something that supposedly "thins the skin," and its long term effect has made dormant other areas of eczema, and in others totally eradicated it.

I'm too embarrassed to tell my family members, as my relationship with them is not a close one. If anyone has any enlightening news or thoughts as to what this is, and how it could be treated without doctor-related aid, I, along with my long-distance-for-a-year-and-a-half boyfriend who will be coming to visit in two months, would really appreciate it.

Sorry that this is so long. <:[/size

Hi honey! 1st I think you have psoriasis of the nipple! And it is very common because you have exzema I think this is even more of a chance of having psoriasis or dermatitis! Try to TOTALLY moiturize your nipples and area with polysporin and petroleum jelly! IF you have cream for your eczema you can try putting that on the nipple too! NO MORE picking the skin off OK? As you keep exposing it to germs! Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize - and protect it! You can put a surgical pad on top of the nipple and put tape over it, to keep it from rubbing against your bra or shirt! As this will add to the problem if you have the pad just dab that polysporin or jelly on it and then it wont come through your shirt OK? Good luck and health honey!

OMG I'm fifteen and I have the EXACT same problem. I just googled all these symtpoms and found this. It's so embarassing =( and now it spread to my actual boob and it looks like i have red patches on my boobs. I've been suffering for the passed year and no one can figure out whats wrong. My doctor thought i had a fungus or something from sweating and tight clothing- so she gave me cream and stuff but it didnt do anything =(

speaking of which, its so bad RIGHT now..... that I cant even put a bra on.. and my shirt keeps sticking to my nipple =/

Hi honey! Tell me about your bras! Lace, Cotton, Silk, White, Bleached, Rubbing, etc?

Do you have any of these patches anywhere else on your body?

Google pictures of Lichen Planus - do your breasts look anything like what is on your breasts?

Well I have patches on my face too, but they arent pussing or anything... it just looks like a ton of dry skin.

And on my left arm I have it too, it looks similar to psoriosis or eczema. It's extremely itchy and red and in tiny circles. I had eczema as a child too.

My bras are allllll different. I have a lot of them.

IF you are prone to this it is more than likely this, Google the Lichen Planus though too OK? And from now on, put either cream for the psorasis on your nipples OR anti itch and polysporin medication on your nipples and areas! Put it on breasts pads and then put that over your nipples and these wll protect your clothing and bras! Wash with a non scented, non soap cleanser - Spectrogel, Physoderm, Teraseptic etc. And air dry before putting on the cream! Look into taking immune booster herbs and natural medications! My youngest son get the oral herpes virus ALL the time, so we are on immunity booster meds fromt he health food store - actually come to think of it, he hasn't had one in awhile! So give that a try too - drink gree tea as well! Good luck and health!

You might want to get tested for std's ...my sister developed this before she found hiv ! plz go to the gum clinic, gyno watever .

Tiny circles could be symptom of ring worm, a fungal infection that can be easily treated with cream and antibiotics if necessary. Go to your GP and they will be able to recommend the best form of treatment. 

4 years already with the same problem, i am 19. Iam crying in agony as I write this. This is depressing !! I feel as if I'm un pure and tainted.My nipple will never look the same and i will always be insecure of them both. Dry ,cracked, plealing ,itchy ! & painful!! I am constantly using Eucrerin ointment , I don't know what to do and I am embarrassed to tell my doctor. Is their such thing as nipple replacement ?? Please help me!! This is my worst nightmer ever ):

to relieve the itch, i put a bandaid over! i have the same problem.

I have the same problem im 22 the doctor said it was an eczema but i never had this before i believe its changes of puberty it itches so bad the skin peels of when i put cream it looks like it goes off but then it comes back again the next day i stped eating fat foods milk or anything high on sugars i dont know what it is i changed my sope to grissi natural neutro soap im using argan oil for boy wash and a cream named eucerin but it looks like it contains alcohol i dont know if i should change couse it ithes and stings a little and the skin thats peeling off is starting to turn from white to yellow plus ive noticed hairs growing in my nipples cuold that be a puberty change that i never had till now?

I have the same exact problem. i'm 15 years old. A few months ago, I scratched the skin around my nipple a little to hard. Then the skin when away and it was constantly itchy and puss would come out. It would also stick to bras because of the puss. What I learned is that if you don't wear a bra and don't let any fabric come in contact with the skin, the skin will become dry. It will then not be itchy or have puss come out. It will be dry and scaly. But sometimes if something rubs it too hard, the skin will break again. Also in the shower, the skin turns white, like a scab. So after a shower, I can't wear a bra. Also don't put a bandaid unless you absolutely need too. The heat will create moisture and the skin will be rubbed away. I've had this problem for a while now and this is what I've learned but my skin has not be returned to what it was before :(

Hi, It's so relieving to see I'm not the only one with this problem! I thought it was down to having my nipples pierced and an infection but it's not around the entry/exit holes it's directly on my nipple but only one one breast! I am the same as you, I pick the flaky skin off to reveal raw skin which is sort of soft to touch and spongy but painful and if caught it secrets a yellow pus. It then scabs over and the process continues again! I've read other articles and the best thing to do is just so not pick or touch regardless of how itchy or tempting it is. What I've been doing is taping a nipple pad over my nipples when I'm not in the shower/ bath to stop me picking and giving the nipple a sea salt wash to rid of any bacteria... I think it's to do with some kind of demititis but I've only had the problem a few months so I think mine is a bacterial infection. I hope everything goes well x

I know this is a very old post and you probably will never see this, much less respond but, I'm going to post it anyway cuz, well it can't hurt lol.
Anyway I'm wondering if you found out what causes this and, if you ever got any relief and, if so, what finally helped? Or, do you continue to suffer? I hope not. I hope you have healed up and are doing well. And I hope I can find out what this is and, how to treat it.