Hi, my upper eyelid is swollen, and I have a lump on the same place. A doctor told me it’s called chalazion. Is it dangerous? What treatment helped you most?

Hi, chalazion is an enlargement on the eyelid, a localized lump that can be red and swollen. It is usually caused by the oil in the gland, because it becomes too thick and it can’t flow out of the gland. The oil has nowhere to go to, so it creates a lump and inflammation. Chalazion can grow as large as an eighth of an inch, and it can be painful and red. Many people solved this problem surgically, but it can be avoided with home-treatment. For example, you can use warm compresses for reducing the chalazion. Take a warm wet towel and put it on your eyelid for 20 minutes. You can do it 2-4 times a day, and your swelling should be reduced.