I have now gone through 2 surgeries within the last 2 weeks. The first on 7/2/09 and then again on 7/7/09. I’m in the military and am getting ready for a deployment in August. I had a thrombosed external flair up that was excruciating and the military doctor referred me to a surgeon to have the hemorrhoid removed. The surgeon told me that I could opt to not have surgery and the hemorrhoid may go away on its own but it would likely take months for that to happen due to its size or I could have him simply cut it off. I opted for the surgery, I also informed the dr that I was aware I had another hemmroihd that would come out after BM but I was able to push it back in, the dr told me that he saw that but it was small and felt we could treat that by altering my diet. So I went in and had the surgery, everything went fine and I was not in as much pain as I had expected to be in. The time came for my first BM the day after the surgery and this was excruciating, I was drenched in sweat and in a lot of pain. During this BM, the small hemmroihd that wasn’t treated popped out and did not go back in; it had become thrombosed and had rubbed along the stitches from the surgery. I was in misery and felt much worse than I had before having the surgery. I called the doctor who saw me again 3 days later and again scheduled another surgery for the following morning to remove the new thromboses hemorrhoid. Before this surgery, I went through a list of questions, one being about swelling and bruising along the stitches. The stitches felt tight like they were going to pop but the doctor said that was normal. I had the surgery and felt instantly better until again it was time for another BM. I cannot stand the pain to pass the BM unless I lay in the tub with warm water. This takes about 30 minutes to even produce BM and it’s not very much. I’m desperately trying not to strain to pass the BM but it’s impossible. Also the stitches from the first surgery have now ripped and I can feel the open gash. Since the stitches have ripped out I can pass BM easily but I’m worried that by not having the stitches in it is doing more harm than good. I’m going in to see the doctor tomorrow about repairing the stitches.
I have to be back to work on Monday and they expect me to be slow and on light duty but I wanted to find out how soon it would before I may be able to start working out again. I had hoped to jump on the elliptical machine or maybe a bike next week but how long before I can run again? August is not far away and I need to be in shape on this deployment.
Any advice or similar experiences?

it all depends on how much do you take care of your self. Some people get good by the end of the month, others are known to have problems up to three or for months.
It seams that you are having problems with stitches you should see a doctor as soon as possible. You have to watch your diet. It is very important that you don't food that does not suite you. Try to have yogurt every day. It will help you with your BM.

Hemorrhoid surgery usually takes about two months to actually recover from. Unfortunately, I know that's not the news that you wanted to hear but you need to take it easy because you can really injure yourself otherwise while doing this, and that's of course not good for you! If you could, just try to take it easy and try to recover as best you can without injuring yourself further. Let us know how you are doing and keep us updated, okay?

Yes I had a very similar experience, it's all been super agonizing! I've had hemorrhoids for years but recently they've been getting worse and there's been more blood than usual in the toilet. About 3.5 weeks ago I was in extreme pain, where I was limping, shaking, sweating so I went to the ER and they said it's just hemorrhoid, did nothing about it or even give me pain Med. I knew something more was wrong and told them I do not believe k should leave like this. The pain was unbelievable and found out I had a thrombose hemorrhoid the next day when I went to the Gastro. The Gastro called in a colorectal surgeon to right then inject local anesthesia and cut off the thrombose hemorrhoid. The injections were so painful I was screaming and shaking in pain (I didn't care what happened at this pt so desperate to get it off) the cutting felt like tugging. The surgeon didn't stitch up the incision, left it open as she said it helps the risk against infection. She didn't exactly warn me how much I was going to bleed..as picking up my prescription I had blood leak through my pants and go all the way to my toes. The pain was absolutely INSANE that night and the next day..as I couldn't sleep or hold down the pain medicine was just puking and shaking in pain. I believe if she stitched or closed the incision it would've not been as bad. So I took about a week recovering from that then.. A huge external hemorrhoid about the size of my thumb grew out of my butt and couldn't go back in!!! The colorectal surgeon who performed my first procedure wouldn't see me for a few weeks and this could not wait. I found a new colorectal surgeon about 1.5 week ago who scheduled a hemorrhoidectomy the next day. It's been 9 days since I had the hemorrhoidectomy and this whole experience has so agonizing.. Having a BM is dreadful- I can only go In a sitz bath-still sweating, heart rate high and straight to icing afterwards. Right after the surgery I was very constipated, even 2 full btl of magnesium citrate didn't make me go! I would recommend a mineral oil enema, stool softners and magnesium citrate. I've had other surgeries before and they've been no where near this pain, the progress of healing makes it hard when you have to go to the bathroom..
I wish this recovery was shorter, can't believe I'm still feeling like this after the 9th day.. I wonder how long this will take to feel normal..