New Reply New Topic Followed by 26 people

When I get nervous, anxious, cry, or practically do anything i get red blotches on my neck and chest and arms. What is this skin conditioned called?

I'm not sure if this helps, but I get these red, blotchy patches that itch on my neck, the front of my chest and occasionally on my face. It can happen when I am in a hurry to get somewhere for example, or when I exercise too long---I can feel my heart rate go up, and my blood pressure too, then, I'll start to "feel" it, just these itchy patches on my face and heat on my neck.

I was told there is a thing called exercise urticaria when people are sensitive to heat and pressure. This is like a stress reaction in your body and while antihistamines help, I find I have to work at keeping calm and get my thoughts to calm my body down---this is tough! When you are feeling the itchiness come on, you start thinking about it more, and it happens so fast...but I might try biofeedback next. Hope this helps!

It happens to me every day at some point. I get these red blothes, usually on my legs and chest, at any time, I can be nervous, calm, happy, sad.. I get them. It is terrible, and makes me feel upset and stressed out, as I am just waiting for it to happen. It comes and goes.. anybody has got the same experience? I am only 24 years old, and those blothes started almost 3 years ago, but where never as bad as now. :-(

hi, I really do not know what is wrong with me, it is seriously upsetting me.. those red blotches appear every day..I try to stay calm but the more I think about it the more it happens.. sometimes I can't even feel the blothes coming on and think I am ok..but then I look into mirror or somebody mentions it and I could cry..:-(. Does that happen to you too>???

I have been getting what I have always called "splotchies" for as long as I can remember! I feel like it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I use to only get them on my neck and chest and I would always wear turtlenecks to cover them up. Now I get them on my face and the upper part of my arms as well. I hate them and I wish there was something that could be done to get rid of them. I get them with any exaggerated emotion. Happy, sad, mad, excited...if I'm really cold and then I go outside in the hot sun...watch out...the splotchies start covering my neck and face and they are hot so it's like a constant reminder...which in turn makes me aware of them which then makes them worse!!! ugggghhh! I wish I had an answer for you that would solve this awful issue but I don't. It has really been bothering me lately so I googled it today and this was the first site I came to. Any doctors out there that might be aware of a solution to this problem?

I suffer from this same problem. I actually put it down to do being a psychological problem, with it getting worse when I think about it.

I'm quite a shy person and my blotches start to appear when I'm in crowded places or when I'm doing or going to do something I'm not quite "at ease" with.

I also try to stay calm and control it, but as soon as someone mention's it, or as soon as I realize it, then it just gets worse and out of control, I basically lose all control over it. It only goes away when I stop thinking of it... %-)

I'm not sure, but I think it could be psychological, kind of a panic or anxiety attack...

Can anyone help please?

A CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gone through allllll of this. Get red, blotchy, blush, hives and SWEAT when i'm nervous and even when i'm not! to the point where i couldnt' even carry on a conversation with a person...be it a co-worker, acquaintance, stranger or even a close friend, without turning red and sweating. I'll cut to the point...ACUPUNCTURE! i went as a last resort and didn't know much about it but he was THE ONLY ONE who understood what i was going through. Doctors just wanted to write me a prescriptioin of xanax and be done with it. He explained to me that my sympathatic nervous system was out of whack, basically, and my adrenal glands were fatigued. he said "your nervous system can't control itself...so once it gets a little reved up it just keeps going and going and going...it lost that trigger to kick in and pull it back"....i wanted to scream! that was EXACTLY how it felt. I couldn't be just a TAD uncomfortable infront of someone...once it started it ALWAYS went to the extreme. It wasn't an overnight cure...took about 2 weeks before I started noticing a difference...sometimes my face would still turn red but then other times I would expect it to and i literally FELT my nervous system "retreat" kinda, and i wouldn't go red. was great! and week after week it just got better and better till finally i could actually sit in work meetings and talk and give my input and i wouldn't blush, sweat or even get a single hive. I've found, that acupuncturists are like doctors and not all of them are great. This guy was trained in a method called NAET...so my best suggestion is to go and find the nearest practitioner near you. The best part, was that my insurance...Empire covered 13 sessions! I now pay out of pocket (usually about $50 a treatment) b/c i love it so much. good luck to you all and please tell me how you're doing or if you have any questions, just ask!! :-)

That response actually helps a lot and has given me some expectations :-)

I'm going to look in to that and try looking around for a acupuncturist that could help me. Thanks a lot for your response! It's brought me great relief!

I will try to keep you updated on my situation, and to say thanks once again if I manage to solve my situation.

Just a few more questions, if you could answer them it would be great.

How long did it take all together until you felt completely cured? Is there a reason for this kind of "situation" to happen to us? And do you know if the is a risk of it appearing again in the future?

Thanks! :-)

I get the same thing when i am angry or overly anxious and all 3 of my girls have the same issue. It get red splotches on my face and neck when i get ramped up. As soon as i calm down they go away.
I was at the dentists off ice last week for an extraction and the rush began while i was sitting in his chair. Tho i showed no outward signs of nervousness, (i was) the proof came in the form of the red splotches. The tech took my blood pressure and found it to be elevated and asked if i wanted something to calm me down, i didn't feel to jumpy so i declined the offer. After about 15 minutes by bp came back to a workable read and the procedure was accomplished with out a hitch.
Sometimes i can feel my heart race and i break a slight sweat under my nose, and then the splotches appear.
I doesn't bother me much, it's funny when this happens as people seem to know that i'm strung out for some reason or another.

Hey, I've always suffered from this hot, red, blotchy skin problem as well. People are always asking me "What's wrong with your skin!". They usually ask this with a horrified look on their faces. Anyway, the blotches also itch pretty badly. It's like the itch is well below the skin surface or something. I can't seem to scratch it. It makes me want to pinch it, or press my nails down on the area to get relief! This sensation is strongest on my neck. I've noticed that it happens when I'm embarresed, nervous, drinking a beer( very blotchy then!), but it also happens when I'm alone and feeling no emotions to speak of. The problem has become much worse, and happens more often! Does ANYONE know what this is? Does it have a name? What in the world can I do to help?

I've had this "blotchy redness" since I was 14 years old. I am now 38. I get them when I'm nervous, embarrassed, or from alcohol. I found out it is a factor of having too many histamines in your skin. If you take an antihistamine (like Claritine) it seems to lessen the effects. Since I've had it so long and it doesn't swell or itch, I don't really do anything about it. It's more of a problem for people around me...they think something is wrong and always ask what's going on. So, I just explain....course, that gets old. But, oh well what do you do. Try an antihistamine and see if it works...it has worked for me many times!

This problem happens to me alot.
im only 14 though. it happens alot when i'm around my boyfriend.
i'm guessing because i'm getting real nervous and it makes it so much worse when everyone is asking
whats wrong with your skin.

I get them too! Every time I'm around this guy I really like, these bright red splotches cover my face and neck! It happens when I'm feeling an emotion particularly intense and around the guy it is really embarrasment and nervousness. Sometimes it happens when I get too hot as well. They are really annoying me and i dont know what to do! Maybe there is a cure you know of? If so, PLEASE share! It is so embarrasing when somebody says something like "Hey why is your chest and cleavage completely red?" or "OMG! You have a rash all over your neck!" or even "Umm, go to the bathroom cause you have something weird on your neck!" These all make them even worse because it makes me think about them which makes me more embarrased! I don't want to drive the guy i like away because of these gross blotches! Pleasee help I will try anything except extreme medications and surgery! Home remedies or self calming techniques would be very helpful! Please I just wanna cry each time I get them! Help!

I have the same thing! It is so frustrating! I am a very outgoing person so I can usually make a joke about my skin getting red when I'm nervous or excited but inside I am so frustrated I feel like crying (which only makes the red splotches worse)! Does anyone know if this condition has a name? I am considering going to a dermatologist to see what they say.

i am 14 years old and i get the same stupid blotch patch that comes up when im nervous or embarassed or excited or even outta no where! i hate it and its very embarassing. people ask me about it all the time and i just turn even redder. even when i try not to turn red it gets redder and i used to be able to feel the burn like a sunburn but now i dnt even feel it and i just turn red. I tell people i get sunburn but im sorta pale so people are smart enough to know this is not a sunburn people most likely think i have some sort of disease. please, im begging you , if there is anyway to make this annoying, irrating , stupid, inconvient red patch dissapear as fast as it randomly does appear, please please please tell me how to make it stop coming. i really really like this boy, and he really likes me back, and i cannot even make a passing glance at him without turning red blotches all over. it wouldnt be so bad if i just turned all red, i would much rather prefer that, than having perfect red circle blotches all over my neck and chest. please tell me how to make this stop ! :oops: :cry: