I know very well that medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. I have a frined who started with Reductil and who said it is perfect product. However, he experienced some of its side effect, such as headache, constipation, and dry mouth. I wonder could I have the same side effects using Reductil? Can you tell me more about it and how it does work?

Reductil and its active ingredient sibutramine is an anti-obesity medicine. It works by affecting neurotransmitters in the brain, so for the start you need to know what neurotransmitters are. Those are chemicals that are stored in nerve cells and are involved in transmitting messages between the nerve cells. They are released from nerve cells as a message is transmitted, and once that happens, the nerve cells then reabsorb the neurotransmitter. Reductil prevents two of these neurotransmitters, noradrenaline and serotonin, from being reabsorbed back into the nerve cells in your body. Noradrenaline and serotonin are responsible for moderating mood and various other processes in your brain, so you could assume how it does work. It is thought that sibutramine or Reductil helps people to lose weight by increasing the amount of noradrenaline and serotonin free to act in the brain. This enhances the feeling of fulfillment from eating, and so makes you feel satisfied after eating less food, which is definitely needed consequence for loosing weight. Reductil is only prescribed to people who have not lost adequate weight using convential weight loss programmes alone. There is a possibility you will need to continue with an appropriate diet and exericse programme while taking this medicine, but for this you will need doctors help.