Here's another one.

There are two doors. One of them leads to Heaven, and one leads to Hell (or any other set of dichotomous existences for those non-religious posters, but for the sake of simplicity, let's just say Heaven and Hell).

In front of each door is a person. One will ALWAYS tell the truth, and one will ALWAYS lie.

You are allowed to ask them one question (both will answer) in order to figure out which door is which.

What is the question?

IF YOU CHEAT, I'LL PADDLE YOU.

Who here likes pizza? (if you say no, you are a liar!)

Which one of you is the son of god

I would ask "Which door would you choose?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nevermind, this isn't right. Dang Uncle Bert...

how 'bout: 'Have you ever told a lie?'

---
megawill

Which one of you is the son of god
Could be neither. It just says there is a person standing there, not Jesus or the devil.

How much wood could a wood chuck wood if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Which one of you is the son of god
Could be neither. It just says there is a person standing there, not Jesus or the devil. Right. And like I said, the religious classifications are just because I was originally told it that way. It could be a pit of snakes vs. an ice cream shop, if you prefer.

Not only are you incorrect, you said it wrong as well. It's how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Come on! Get with the program, slackmonkey!

how 'bout: 'Have you ever told a lie?' --- megawill
Cheeks, isn't this right?

Ask one "which door would the other choose" and then pick the opposite door.t

Cheeks, isn't this right? That only, in theory, determines only which one is the liar and which one is telling the truth, not which door they are standing in front of. (And in practice, they are both going to say no, right?)

They will both give the same answer. Situation 1: Heaven..........Hell Liar................Honest guy Which door would the other choose? "his door"........"his door" Situation 2: Heaven...........Hell HG..................Liar Which door would the other choose? "my door"........."my door" So ultimately nothing can be elucidated from this question either. Sorry about the dots; I could not get the spacing to stay intact.

What would the other person tell me is the door to heaven?

Sorry, I wasn't clear, but EL has the answer I think.