New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

No pain! I was so nervous about removing the stent myself. I took pain meds, Ibuprofen and Flomax prior ot removal and there was NO PAIN! Maybe it's different for males, but I was so relieved that it was painless and super quick.

Thank you all for the excellent advice. I removed my stent this morning. My experience was pretty pain-free. It actually reminded me of when you get soap in your urethra. Trust me it took me a good 45 minutes of sitting in a warm bath tub and encouragement from my wife to muster up the will to pull it out. I definitely had instant relief once it was out of me. I'm so glad I had everyone's advice from here. It truly helped.

I, too, had severe spasms after removal. I called the doc, who said to sit in a warm bath. I didn't really believe that this could possibly make much difference, but I was willing to try anything. The result was magical. The warm bath made spasms and pain instantly evaporate. I still revel at how something as simple as a warm bath can have such amazing effects!