hi, i have been having these pains on and off for about 8 years, going from very mild to horrid! They are worse when sitting and i can feel the pain dropping away when i stand. I have been told it COULD be 1 of a few things!  3 years i had a cyst removed which was compressing a nerve at L4-L5 in my lower back. I had no pains for a bit but then they started again. It turned out the cyst had returned and in the last 18 months i have had 2 Nerve Block injections, the last of which i had at the start of the year. The problems with my back have slowly been returning and along with those is this burning pain. In my experience it is related to my nerve compression in my back and would stake my house on it going when i have another injection!

Bro its the knot of tightness from ur back on ur lower back spine area??

Two years my ribs have been bothering me or more. I'll get this thing in my left rib were I can't breathe deep, move at all, or do anything from anywhere between a mintue to over an hour. Extreme been not worth moving for. And now I have almost constant pain in both ribs were it also hurts to touch and I always feel like I have to support my ribs in my hands if lay on them. I'm so fed up with all the pain.

Pain* not been

I've had this particular pain (like a stitch) on my left rib side also. Although I've had children, this has only occurred in the last year (I'm 71)! It could be a muscle contracting against the rib cage and it seems to occur when I've eaten a spicy dish. The last time it occurred, I drank a cup of hot water and it gradually diminished.

Thanks! Helped me to figure out my rib cage pain was probably just from my bra....weird sounding I know but still thanks! I was freaking out! Now I know it's just another busty girl problem.

I get a twisting burning pain in my lower ribs. I also suffer from Fibromialgia. I wonder if it is from that. I have been wondering what is causing this too. It really deals like one of the floating bottom ribs is being turned around.

I've been dealing with the EXACT pains. Even down to the heart and arm. I've also had pain in the ovary area the last few days as well. I'm not sure if it's related or what. I'm experiencing the burning stomach/rib pain as I type this. :(

I have same thing. Dr diagnosed me with Costco condritis.

same thimg I have and I'm also a man been for loads of blood test evrthing comes bk normal

I to have been exsperanced pain inlboth my ribs mostly right side .this has been goong 9n for months now. It goes around to my back. I have made an appointment with a dr. For stomacy issues.i have nasea when ever i eat anything. Break out in a sweat and feel like im dizzy.good to onow im not alone.tell you how it goes with the dr.