Went to hospital as a child for severe stomach pain. They tried to send me home with gas as a cause. After I told them I didn't have bad gas at the time they finally did some tests and it turned out to be a kidney infection and pneumonia. Now 15 yrs later I'm battling my 3 rd kidney infection and they tried to put off my back pain as bad posture. I know the symptoms by now and asked they still gave me antibiotics.

We had the exact same thing happen to my 10 yr. old daughter. She has been suffering myalgia and a sudden case of kidney disease(caused by a poss. virus?) and was in alot of pain! At the E.R. And 4 hours later, still not seen, my daughter said the pain was so bad she couldn't take it anymore. She just wanted to go home and go to bed. Tylenol didn't work. I felt helpless and wanted to take her pain away. 3 months later, 5 specialist, no answers of cause and has now been on sertaline 25mg. The nurse just acted as if she was trying to get attention and didn't seem to care about her real pain. Its her first time in 10 years she has ever had to deal with doctors when sick and now they don't help her. It's so scary. She has blood and protein in urine and she was looking really bad. Barely could keep her awake. She has been feeling and looking well. Some symptoms still occur.

Im sorry this happened

she never have been sent home in that state I am sure she was dehydrated and she should have been give pain meds in an IV while replacing her fluids. Yes kidney and severe bladder infections are very painful please take to a different hospital if you can...

My friend went into hospital being treated for a kidney infection this went on for over a month she was admited back to hospital and she died in her sleep there is no none course of death as yet … could it be down to kidney infection ?

That is just horrible i am going through the same pain they said kidney infection i said this much pain mind u I had a tubal pregnancy that burst and didnt go to the hospital. Now hearing ur mothers story we do trust in the doctors too much and I am just sickened and pissed at the way your mother was treated I am so so sorry,it brought tears to my eyes I am speechless I wish you well. We will see where thisjourney leads me

yep much of the time it sucks

Blah blah blah

OMG I am so sorry to hear this. I have a kidney infection and alot of pain, not excruciating but enough to make me look here. I am so sorry for your loss. My mother had cancer in her ribcage and spread rapidly. They gave her 6 months and she died 9 days later. Its devasting. Our parents prepare us for so many things in life except how we go on without them. 2 years later my world will never be the same. God Bless you and again I am sorry for your loss.

Urine infection can bring on labour . That happened to me when I was 23 weeks and 4 days . Luckily the Drs stopped the labour but I spent a week in hospital being prepared for early birth and told if I gave birth under 25 weeks they would let my baby die . Thank fully I went to full term and have a beautiful daughter now aged 21 years . If your pregnant do not stay at home with a kidney infection go to hospital .

Im literally going through the samething. How did yours went?

I just read your article and it shocked me. I'm sorry for your loss!!! Sincerly Brian Key. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** personal info not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Wow I am so sorry to hear this! Your mom really was failed by the health system! This has worried me as 4 weeks ago I was in the same position and told I had a kidney infection. The pain was that bad I couldn't stand either. It went away for a bit but now it's back worse than ever I can't even get out of bed or stand up without falling...this is insane