New Reply New Topic Followed by 22 people

I'm at five months now and beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still occasionally get sob but I recover much quicker. I know in time I will feel healthy again all the time and will thank God every day that I kicked that demon. Keep the faith.

To all of you that have SOB and chest tightness, tel your doctor to have an echo cardiogram with contrast to check for Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO). This is an abnormal hole that connects both auricular, symptoms are all you are describing, up to 25% of population have this without even know, it is potentially lethal

Buy a vape, electronic cigarette, you can find eliquids in several different flavors, nicotine free if you prefer, that way you can sit outside with your husband as if you were smoking. I quit 4 months ago, missed same things, bought a vape, solved!

One thing I´m sure of, I will never, ever, smoke again, even if it does mean death

Yes ive been quitt. For 5 months and now i w a ke up during the night short of breath and jerkying i dont know what this is about but it is scary to me cause this wasnt happening. When i smoked. Please. Help me

Do all your possible test again, make sure everything is right. If so, take it easy, I quit for about 16 weeks, I had pretty bad days, severe SOB, I did all possible preliminary test, nothing wrong with my heart. All this supposedly web sites paid by our taxes to help us, are just garbage, they are mainly made to scare you, to fill the pockets of many politicians by doing nothing, all symptoms they describe fit perfectly with a heart attack, SOB could be anything possible, overweight is one of them, so we are victims, it is not our fault, we pay up to 80% in taxes for every pack, that´s a multi billion dollar business, in return we got nothing, no even serious investigations about symptoms . First of all, it is almost impossible, as a former smoker, to have a heart failure out of the blue sky, you got to have FIRST a problem in your lungs, no the other way around. Secondly, it is normal to have SOB because you are not overloading your lungs, but the brain keeps sending same messages to your lungs ant heart as if you still smoking. If your test came out clear, just calm down, take it easy, use some pills to relax, take time to think in other issues, keep you mind busy

Reading about SOB in wiki and BLF (British Lung Foundation) and according to these web sites, there are 2 option, Lung Cancer or COPD, nothing more, no more options, Do you really believe they are even trying to help anyone? They are killing smokers, by giving this false information