I am currently doing a fairly intrense 3 day a week gym program to build muscle.
I have begun taking protein whey supplements (shakes) to help in this process

however, i still do a good bit of cardio excersice. i try and do one 11 - 13K run a week and a circuit training session.

I would just like to know would you recommend taking the protein supplements on days when im not gym training, but performing cardio excersise such as the running, or would it be any benefit?

and just to let you know before you say it, i am eating quite heathily and am not treating the supplements as a replacement for a good diet

I reckon you should. This is what I do. I take l-carnitine 30 minutes before running to aid burning fat (some say l-carnitine works some say it doesn't) and after running, within an hour i make myself a protein shake.

It's been only a month, for the time being I feel more energized but I'll let you know how it goes.

I would still have a protein shake after you run. This is going to help you with your recovery. After a run it is always good to have protein and carbs because both are going to help you recover faster. I usually use us-sport power protein and mix it with juice, just be careful on what juice you mix it with because some combinations taste terrible, or I make a normal shake and then I add in a banana or peaches.

protein supplements are good for those people who really interested to gain the weight. In this way those people can easily gain the weight in a very rapid way.