Hi, I'm 22 years old and ever since my puberty started and also after that into the adulthood I had problems with acne on my face. I have tried different therapies and creams but all of them had a very limited success and the acne kept on coming back. Finally I went to my doctor to ask for medical treatment of my acne and she recommended to me a few products, one of them is clydamycin, the antibiotic used as topical gel. Can you tell me more about this medicine and its benefits and side effects?

This is a very strong antibiotic and it is used in medical practice only to treat severe bacterial infections that cannot be treated by any other antibiotic. It can be used to treat skin, lung, pelvic and vaginal infections. As a topical ointment or a gel it is used in 1 % concentration. It is very effective against heavy forms of acne, it treats the bacterial infections on the skin and it eases the symptoms of acne. The main ingredient of the gel is alcohol and that’s why gel itself is very flammable, you shouldn’t be using the gel near an open flame or if youre smoking. When taking clyndamycin orally many side effects may appear, one of the worst ones is pseudomembranous colitis, and other stomach and digestive tract problems. Also if you are breastfeeding and if you are pregnant you should take extra care, and you shouldn’t take clyndamycin in any form unless it is absolutely necessary. Although only a small amount of the drug is absorbed into the blood when clyndamycin is applied topically there is a slight chance that even that small amount may damage the unborn or breastfeeding baby. If you have anymore questions or if you experience some strange side effects during the use of this gel you should report it immediately to your doctor.

hey there, i totally know how u feel. acne has always been a problem for me. and when i moved to arizona, it got "out of control" so bad that i didnt want to leave the house
i went on tetracyline orally, once a day. and then i used clynamycin.

i was on the tetracycline for about 3 months, and my acne was clearing after about 2. i got sick of being on medicine so i stopped taking it, and i missed a lot of doses

but the clyndamycin, OOHH my clyndamycin. i love that stuff
no dryness, no redness. no nothing. id rather have a zit or two, then a dry red face. it calms your skin, and feels good. i have it on my face 24/7. and i think your a guy, but if you're not, its such a great thing to wear under make up. mosturizer, some clynda and make up and its perfect
ive been using it for about 5 months, and really. go for it. it takes awhile to kick in, but after at leasst 3 years of HORRIBLE acne, and trying pro activ, retin-a, benzoyl, sacilic, glycolic and even obagi.

i bought a 60 miligram tube of the stuff(clunda) for 10 bucks, and my problems were solved