New Reply New Topic Followed by 26 people

i thought i had a minor yeast infection, so i used monistat 1 last night. i got up at 12:30 to urniate and afterward it started to burn very badly. when i woke up this morning and urinated the same thing happened. it is extremely uncomfortable and ten times worse than it was before i used the medicine. i don't know if my infection is now worse or it is just a side effect.
help!!

In my point of view, there could be two options. First of them that your symptoms are just side effects. The most common monistat side effects are burning, rash, itching, hives and even headaches. So, they match.
Another possibility was that you didn’t develop yeast but a bacterial infection and by using antifungal cream, you increased the bacterial levels even more, which could have ended up in the worsening of the symptoms.
I would suggest you saw a gynecologist and had it checked and treated easily.

I have used the monistat 7 day a number of times without any problems. Last night I used monistat 1. A few hours after going to bed i was woken up by a horrible burning sensation. I have not been able to go back to sleep and am still experiencing severe discomfort. I don't think it's me--I really don't: My yeast infection was mild, similar to other times that I've had it. A little itchy but almost ignorable. Now this monistat 1 has made me feel horrible. Looking at other reviews of the product online, it seems like monistat 1 is way too strong and has made a lot of women feel this way.

OMG!! I used the Monistat 1 and you want to talk about side effects... I've never used this one before I always use the 7 day stuff but I thought I would try this since it didnt seem too bad. My entire vagina is swollen and I have red rashy bumps and raw skin all over my vagina. I know for certain its not an STD since I haven't had sex since March... I am in so much pain. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone. I'm going to see my GYN tomorrow.

Hi I had a yeast infection for the first time so I went and bought monistat 1 and I apllyed it.. at first everything was normal but then when I was about to go to bed a my vagina started itching soooo bad omg I never felt like that ever in my life it was the worst feeling in the world.. I cried for hours and I couldn't lay down or sit it was soooo painful but now in the morning its not as bad so idk if its working even thought half of the cream came out when I peed...

Glad I'm not the only one... I had a mild yeast infection, bought Monistat 1 today at the grocery store I work at and used it right before I started my cashier shift. Twenty minutes later, I felt HORRIBLE... nearly unbearable itching and burning, then nausea and feeling like I was about to pass out. Which, lemme tell you, is so not fun while you're having to stand in one place for six hours and be cheerful to customers.

I am never using this c**p again, I'd rather have the problem than the cure! This is only the second time I've had a yeast infection (I'm 19) and the first time I went to the doc and got the pill, which cleared it up just as fast without any of the awful side effects. I'd wanted to save money to not pay my $30 copay, but I'd much rather pay that than the $19 and pain for Monistat.

I have also experienced the red itchy bumps after using the monistat 1 day. To the girl who went to the doctor about the problem, what did your doctor say? how can i get rid of this???

Actually, the burning may be caused by an allergic reaction. A small percentage of woman are allergic to one of the active ingredients in monistat called micanazole.

If you're suffering from an allergic reaction you should let your doctor know so he/she can recommend another cream to use. If you self diagnosed your infection, it would probably be a good idea to stop using it and try something else.

Personnally I think the best approach is the natural way. Basically the reason you have a yeast infection is because there's an imbalance in your body. A healthy person has a balance between the yeast in their body and the good bacteria in their body.

Too much yeast, you have a yeast infection. Too much bacteria, you have a bacterial infection.

So, when you have a yeast infection you essentially have too much yeast in your body. The natural way to treat it and bring back that balance is to starve the yeast and introduce more good bacteria into your body.

Oh and BTW - That's why you often get relief from using the over the counter meds temporarily, and then the yeast infection comes back. The creams aren't changing the source of the problem. They are just killing the yeast they come in contact with, and not balancing the yeast/bacteria in your body and actually sometimes end up making things a lot worse.

Oh BTW2 - That's also why many times you'll get a yeast infection after using anti-biotics. Anti-biotics kill all the bacteria in your body, the good and the bad. When that happens the balance between the yeast and good bacteria is off once again and you get a yeast infection.

Things you can add to your diet (to help promote good bacteria) are live yogurt cultures (or take Acidophilus), plenty of water, fresh vegetables, lots of protein rich foods, whey protein, raw garlic, nuts, seeds, oils, millet, rice and oat brans

Things you should remove from your diet (to starve the yeast) are all sodas, sugars, fruit, fermented foods, foods containing white flour, alcohol (especially beer), antacids and any product that has yeast or mold

You can change your diet in conjunction with using the creams that you've been using and that will speed up the recovery significantly. But what I would also recommend is to use a homeopathic solution instead. I always feel if there's a natural way to do something, then it's best to avoid the chemicals. I would look for an natural product, that can be taken orally to promote regrowth of the good bacteria in your body.

There are a few out there, I think they are probably all pretty good. One that I have used and was very effective for me was is yeastrol.

Here's the link I used if you are interested in finding out more:

OMG. I thought something was wrong with me and I didn't know whatelse to do but go online to see if I could get an explanation of why I was having this problem. On Wednesday evening around 9pm I used Monistat 1day and was so glad that the yeast infection would be cured. About two hours later, I got the worst itch in the worldmy vagina was severley swollen and and red and the pain that I was feeling, I can not explain that. Today is Saturday and I am still in discomfort due to using Monstat 1 day. I feel like crying and scratching like crazy. I am along way from home and I don't want to go to a strange Doc., but if it is like this win I wake up, I might have to go to the emergency room. For the young lady that went to the Dr., what did the Dr. advise you to do.

I used Monistat 1 last night for the first time, I did this right before going to bed. I slept well all night and this morning notice a huge improvement, I am not itching anymore!!! I am still in a bit of pain, but nothing like it was before using the treatment.

I have had a yeast infection for a few days now. I tried the external creams and wipes...and ate WAY too much yougart trying to heal it without harsh meds. Today, I just couldn't stand it anymore! Swung into a drugstore, picked up the Monistat 1 day treatment, and I'm 90% better now! Its been 12 hours and I don't feel like taking a baby bottle cleaner to scratch myself anymore! I did get a "warm" sensation for a few hours...but the itchyness was gone...and that was what was important to me. So far, so good. I'm 28 and haven't had a YI since my senior year in high school! I actually got kinda freaked out by reading the side effects that other people have had...and it was AFTER I had inserted the suppository! I guess things work differently for different people. Can't wait till tomorrow! Hopefully I will be back to my old self :-). Good luck too all the yeasty ladies out there :-). Lol

I used the product for the first time last night and had extreme side effects. It was like all of my sysptoms to the tenth power. I could not sleep so I simply put a damp towel in between my legs and went right back to sleep. This morning things were a lot better than before. I only feel irritation when I sit down and my pants rub against my vagina due to the swelling but nothing to complain about. I'm happy with the product despite the moment of pain I experienced. I would use it again to avoid going days with the syptoms of a yeast infection. I think the 2 hours of pain was well worth it today as a sit here at this hell hole of a job.

I used monistat3. Worst thing EVER the first night. Woke up 3 hours later with iching and burining. I'll post tommorrow for how this night goes.

I bought monistat 1 this evening for what I diagnosed to be a minor yeast infection. It provided immediate relief for a couple hours and then WHAM! I'm burning and can't sleep. I'm hoping I'm better tomorrow I have a meeting to attend. Also just to let u ladies know, the Trojans fire and ice condom is what triggered my yeast infection. Never using those again and may never use monistat1 again either.

Just wanted to tell people that I am fairly certain that the Trojan Fire and Ice condoms caused my mild yeast infection as well. I appreciate the guest above who posted her comment. There has been no change in my diet, and I'm not on any antibiotic. There was no change in sexual activity or activity in general. The only variable that changed was the condom. We used the Fire and Ice brand a few times, but hated them. Now two days later, I've got what I'm fairly certain is a mild yeast infection.