I have the same symptom I have a constant gag feeling and I do gag. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression and I have hashimotos hypothyriod. Im scared of everything. This gaggy feeling is horrible I had this feeling at 8 years old it wasnt so bad then but Im 36 now and its constant at times but my problem is I dwell on it and I also have acid reflex and taking meds for it. I hardly eat at times I lost 25 pounds since mid June drs did blood work normal. This feeling makes you nervous you cant enjoy life. Everyone keeps saying cause I keep thinking about it its always gonna be there. I wake up gagging and I cry at times thinking Im dying. I wish this feeling wouldnt exist. I feel like I have mucus in my throat that never goes away. I feel like my life has been robbed!

Ha! I'm a huge hypochondriac! I'm getting this gagging feels right now too. So I went straight to google thinking I was dying. This was the only thing that matches my symptoms. It could be GERD an vid reflex disorder which I have. That's what my mom said. I'm 13 so yeah. My mom gets really annoyed when I ask her my hypochondria questions.

Holy...i have the exact same symptom. ALso have an immense fear of vomiting (haven't vomited for over 10 years) Now this weird slight gagging sensation - like im on the verge . Also a massive hypochondriac lol

Yep. Read through a lot and seems I share similar symptoms. I am not afraid of vomiting although I sometimes start feeling 'gaggy' and then worked up that I may vomit in a crowded space such as a train or restaurant. Normally I am fine but every other night when sleeping I seem to produce a lot of Sylvia and struggle to swallow. It is also an issue when eating in front of people or again in a crowded space ( It has forced me to leave Uni lectures early as I begin to feel uncomfortable). My main worry is that it is putting me off my food and I now eat enough but no where near what I used to!

Same and I have not thrown up in 8 years

I kept thinking I was alone with this problem, but coming to this website made me realize how many people struggle with this. I suffer from horrible panic attacks that make me feel sick to my stomach. I also have a huge fear of throwing up, so that doesn't really help. When I get really anxious, I always feel like I have to gag, but it's only in my throat and I never actually do it. I'm 15 years old and nobody my age deals with this problem and it's caused me depression. I don't know how to fix this.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use   if you ever need someone to talk to on this issue. I'm 31 yo female and have struggled with emet since I was 5. It can feel isolating and the anxiety can cause limitations and then depression... I just wanted you to know you're not alone and while it's intense at times it doesn't have to be forever. Xx