Hi, I have a strange symptom in my urethra, especially after urinating. It’s something between slight pain and burning. I can’t sleep at night because of this sensation. What should I do?

Hi, I had the same symptoms when I suffered from inflammation of the urethra. I had many sleepless nights because of the slight uncomfortable pain and burning. It was one of the worst experiences I ever had. My doctor gave me some tablets and told me to drink at least 2.5 l of tea every single day for two weeks. My leukocyte level in urine was high, and that meant that I had an inflammation. Pain and burning in urethra were torturing me for 4-5 days before they finally started to decrease. Maybe it’s something else that causes slight pain in your urethra, and I think you have to go to doctor. You will do some tests, and after diagnosing a doctor will prescribe you proper medications for your problem.

Ive had what sounds like the symptoms you're explaining off and on for my whole life since I was a young kid (Im now 31) its not particularly painful as much as extremely uncomfortable. It usually starts immediately or shortly after urination. Ive been examined by a urologist for this three or four different times in the last twenty years or so and every time there has been no cause found. The one thing Ive found to be helpful is drinking more water in general and drinking a large glass of water when the symptoms start.

:'( hello

pyburn wrote:

I have the same symtoms My doc said I have an Upset Bladder What excatly does that mean? :(

Hey all, yea, this problem can happen when you don't drink enough water, or when you are really sick, the increase in levels of whiteblood cells can cause this pain, or... the high concentration of urea... basically drink a lot of water and keep yourself healthy! It should disappear over time, if it doesn't see a doctor :-) hope this helps

I saw a second urologist last week and he said that the "door" to my urethra is not opening and closing properly. As a result, he prescribed Flomax, which is usually given to men. I'm a 30 year old woman who has had severe pain in the urethra all her life off and on AFTER urinating. I'll let you know if the Flomax helps.

hi , i too have had burning and not really pain, but more like a feeling to go to the bathroom but yet dont have to go. Cant go in fact. i had two bladder surgeries with no success. I have told the doctors that the feeling isn't in my bladder but my urethra...I try to drink more water and cranberry juice . i am about ready to go see a doctor again. this time it has been 3 weeks since its started and hasn't gone away yet. any other suggestions for me. thanks

Hi my name is Cari and I am a 25 year old female. I had symptoms simular to a urinary infection but could not be treated with the usual antibiotic. Burning upon urination, subpubic buring ( bladder), and swelling and reddness around urethra. I went to numerous urologists and gynos for help but they could not figure it out. Four months later, I was blessed by the best family nurse practioner who was able to figure out my problem. She did a urine cathader culture for about 10 days. They found a resistant staph aures. VERY RARE! I think there is probably only one article that pops up on google about my condition. The antibiotic used on it was Nitrofurantn or Macrobid. She also gave me several Rocherin shots. I feel much much better. I hope this helps.

Finally after 20 years of discomfort I was able to solve the mysterious pain in the urethera, frequent urination, abdominal cramps and many more symptoms. It would become worse with large consumption of water!

Dear Friends, I have "LACTOSE INTOLERANCE" or cow / buffalo milk allergy. My doctors (11 docs in 15 years) could not detect the problem and i kept on changing various pills for UTI, Prostatis, Urinary bladder swelling and one of them even treated me for STD.

I have done PG in sports nutrition and also practise Alternative Healing such as Acupressure. After extensive study of my symptoms and food stuff I was able to hit the bulls eye!

Lactose is a sugar found in the cow's milk.
Lactose will not get digested in the small intestine because of lack of 'lactase' an enzyme required to digest this sugar.
Undigested lactose can create havoc in your body.

You can reach me **** for more symptoms list or for explaning your symptoms
Vishal

**edited by moderator**

Anytime you have burning or any type of pain in your urethra you should first check for a UTI(urinary tract infection). Your Dr. can culture your urine to find out, but now there are also dip-sticks available over the counter to check for yourself. You will still have to see your Dr. or gynocologist to get an antibiotic if it is positive. I just went today as a matter of fact because I have pain in my urethra after urination. It doesn't burn when I urinate or I don't feel an urge to empty again after urinating as common with a UTI that's why I decided to look up some info. on other problems. But, I did want to tell you that antime I have pain or burning etc. in my urethra, I buy AZO or URISTAT over the counter until I can get to my Dr. It REALLY helps 'numb' the pain! Which is a GODSEND. It will turn you urine a BRIGHT orange though temporarily LOL, but man is it soooo good at relieving the pain until the antibiotics kick in! ;-)

Hi my name is sara and I'm a 26 yer old female. I was recently diagnosed with a resistant staph aures in my urethra. Symptoms include inflamation around and in the urethra and lingering burning sensation after urination along with constant discomfort. I was first put on Nitrofurantn a substitute for Macrobid, but it only relieved me from the pressure in my bladder. My urologist recently put me on Levaquin. I have just finished my first 7 days of Levaquin .. and have to continue taking it for another 7 days. I'm going on a month with having this infection and i'm not sure what to do. Antibiotics dont seem to be working. I'm hopeing at the end of the week I will feel improvement but at this point I can't be certain. Carrie mentioned she received Rocherin shots. I'm curious to know what Rocherin is and how long it took after it was administerd for the burning and discomfort to go away. Maybe Rocherin will be the answer to my problem. I tried googling it but nothing came up. I also tried to find out some information online about my condition but nothing seems to be coming up as well. If anyone can relay some information it would be much appreciated.

:-D I can finally report that I have resolved the pain and burning I experience after urinating. It was diagnosed as myofascial pain. I have very tense, contracted pelvic muscles with lots of trigger points.

I have been having pelvic floor physical therapy for the last five months and my pain has almost vanished.

After 20 some years I am finally on the road to recovery!

Finally after over 5 years of this problem, I have the answer!!! I had been experiencing an uncomfortable sensation/pain in my urethra after urinating that could last for anything up to an hour. I have seen many doctors about this problem and have had all the usual tests for UTI's and STI's, all of which came back negative. I have also had an ultrasound, a cystoscopy and an MRI scan, all of which showed absolutely nothing physically wrong with me. I have also had many different courses of antibiotics, none of which cleared up the problem, they just deadened it slightly but I knew the problem was still there. Basically, the doctors gave up on me.

I decided to do my own research on the internet and try to solve the problem myself. I thought that the problem was related to a side effect of my contraceptive pill, so I stopped taking it. Within a week, I felt better and the urethral pain finally went away for over 6 months.

In the last few weeks though, the pain came back :-( So back to the internet I went and dug even deeper, and now I have the answer!!!! The problem is YEAST OVERGROWTH - plain and simple, and it makes so much sense. Alcohol always made my problem worse (alcohol is made from yeast after all!), antibiotics never solved the problem (they make yeast overgrowth worse), and stopping the pill really helped (the pill encourages yeast overgrowth too). This problem is RARELY diagnosed by doctors, hence the reason that so many women out there are suffering from this problem (see p85 of the book Candida Yeast By Angela Kilmartin).

As soon as I figured this out, I went to the pharmacy and bought some Acidophilus capsules. This good bacteria is well known for fighting yeast and one capsule each day provides a really good dose to help fight candida (yeast) overgrowth in the body. I feel so much better again already after less than a week of taking a capsule a day. I can even drink alcohol again (though i always take an extra capsule to help fight off all the extra yeast in the alcohol) - hurrah! And as an extra bonus, my adult acne has cleared up too as a result of taking acidophilus! I intend to take it for the rest of my life.

There is plenty of information on the internet about ways to fight yeast overgrowth. I suggest you give it a try and post back with your results!!!

I've had a similar problem since i was about 5 years old. An extremely painful (stinging?) feeling that is usually after urination. As i have gotten older it has become a lot more frequent, it used to be about once a month but now it seems to be every day. I always drink lots of water, urinate frequently and drink cranberry juice/tablets. None of this works.

I really don't know what the problem is and always effected my life and i just want to get rid of it. Please help.