New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

It Might be a carbucle on ur lip cause atm i got one to , its so painful.
and my mouth an neck is so sore..
i dnt no wat to do.
i poped it an everything but it making my lower lip so big. an sore.
HELP ME

Has nothing to do with eating healthy. I am a body builder and eat a super strick clean diet. High protien, low carb, NO sugar. So just to steer you guys away from that being a possiblity. Mine started appearing in the exact same spot on my lower lip, a couple months ago. Pop it, it goes away, and comes back. Going ot go to my doc and find out what it is. I do have braces, so the explanation of a ruptured saliva gland from biting your lip makes a lot of sense.

The likely cause of this is a very minor citric acid or fruit allergy. The bumps are completely harmless.

I have this exact same thing on my lip. I've had it before and I've been eating healthy, lots of fruits and veggies to lose the rest of baby weight. I thought it might have been from my mouth getting too dry because I had dental work done the other day, not sure but it is very annoying.

It's oral HPV. 70-80% of Human Papilloma Virus that exhibit themselves in humans are benign. Unfortunately some can develop into oral cancer. Watch for color changes and see your dentist. Make sure he is aware of what is going on and he will do an oral cancer screening on you regularly. Warts are a sign of where future tumors may develop. Most will never become an issue. Good luck.

I've been having a bunch of puss coming out of my lips over 2 weeks. I put on lip ointment to let it soak so I can peel off the skin and sometimes if I get lucky, no puss would come out. My lips were perfect 3 days ago, but it came back even worse the next day. My lips look terrible with a bunch of yellow stuff dried up and lumpiness everywhere... and it feels sticky. Does anyone else have this?

:shock: omg i have that too! i thought i was the only one and it's really gross. I'm so concious about it in school so i dont wana go and just kiss guys u know? so I'll try what all of you said

to easy your worrying its do to the salavia glands in your lip.its called a mucuscelo in other words its a cyst that harmless. you are not suppose to pop them thats why it keeps coming back. the only time you need to go to the doctors is if you had it for two months,bleeding,or to painful or growing.it normally goes away in 3-5 weeks.Code:

i just got it a few days ago and thought it was a bug bite but i did pop it cuz i didt think much about it but would chap stick help it go away and i do have a bad Pablum with biting my lips

i have the same thing ... i had one when i was about 7 years old got it removed by a doctor and came back this summer for the first time since then(im now 17) i got a little nervous because i did skoal a couple of days before it came  back (i dont do it on a regular basis) i think the best option for both of us is to get it removed by a doctor. it takes about 5 minutes they cut it off stitch up your lip with about 2 stitches then your fine. 

Try eating yogurt. It is probably a burst salvitory gland, but yogurt has a great way of clearing all your little bump problems in the mouth right up. I have had these randomly going back to childhood, and eating yogurt will make them go away because of the active cultures.

A mucocele (MYOO-koh-seal) is a swelling in your mouth. It can happen when a salivary gland is injured or blocked. It occurs in about 1 out of 500 adults.

You have many salivary glands in your mouth. They secrete saliva. Saliva is made of water, mucus and enzymes.

Saliva moves from a gland into your mouth through tiny tubes called ducts. Sometimes, one of these tubes is cut. The saliva pools at the cut spot and causes a swelling, or mucocele. These swellings commonly occur inside the lower lip. They also can be found in other places inside the mouth, including the roof of the mouth (palate) and the floor of the mouth.

Swelling also can occur if one of these tubes is blocked and saliva backs up in the tube. If swelling occurs because the submandibular duct is blocked, the mucocele is called a ranula. A ranula is quite large and appears under the tongue.

Symptoms
Most mucoceles do not hurt. They can be annoying, though. They get in the way of eating or speaking. Shallow mucoceles may burst. They release straw-colored fluid. Deeper ones can last longer. They are more likely to bother you. 

Diagnosis
Your dentist will look for a rubbery, bubblelike swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip or under the tongue. Some mucoceles look blue. Your dentist will ask if you experienced trauma in that area. Maybe you bit your lip or were hit in the face with something. Also, some medicines can thicken your saliva. This can plug up a salivary gland and cause a mucocele.

Mucoceles occur only where you have salivary glands.

If you have a blue swelling that looks like a mucocele, your dentist may put pressure on it to see if it changes color (blanches). If it does, it may be a harmless growth made of blood vessels. This is known as a hemangioma.

Your dentist may take out the swollen tissue. It will be sent to a laboratory. The laboratory can tell if the tissue is a mucocele, or if it is something else. You may get an X-ray of the area. The X-ray will show if you have a salivary gland stone (sialolith). X-rays often are done for people who have ranulas.

Prevention
Mucoceles are common. Trauma is a leading cause. Try not to bite your lip. 

Treatment
Infrequently, a mucocele goes away without treatment. But if some mucoceles remain untreated, they can scar over. Your dentist should examine any swelling in your mouth.

A mucocele usually is removed by surgery. The dentist may use a scalpel or a laser to remove the mucocele. Afterward, the tissue will be sent to a laboratory for evaluation. There is a chance that after the mucocele is removed another one may develop.

Some doctors use corticosteroid injections before trying surgery. These sometimes bring down the swelling. If these work, you may not need surgery.

When To Call a Professional
Contact your dentist if any swellings or sores in your mouth last for longer than a week.

Prognosis
With proper diagnosis and treatment, the outlook is good.

I had one and I followed the information on a site about how to cure them and it said you can go to an oral doctor or you do it yourself at home by sterilizing a needle and bursting it. I did exactly that I burned the tip of a needle ( you can use a safety pin, sewing needle, etc) to sterilize it. After that I burst the mucocele. I wiped it and them gargled with peroxide and water equal parts. After that I poured more peroxide directly on the open sore, I let it bubble a bit for about 60 seconds. I rinsed with water. Then every day for a week i gargled with equal parts peroxide and water making sure that the open sore has bubbling from the peroxide mix. Its been 3 weeks and it hasn't returned and the place where the sore was is smooth like the rest of my inner lip. Hope this works for you!

I have had the same thing - on the inside of my lower gum - that i would pop and a week or so later it would come back! i asked the dentist. He looked and asked me if it hurt-no; there was no discoloration or anything and he said it was perfectly normal and happens all the time. He said there is nothing to do; and it is not due to anything in particular. I forget what he called it exactly, but that one post that mentions mucocele sounds very familiar. I asked if it was a problem to pop it because it is a bump that was annoying enough that i did it without thinking. He said that was fine.

What did you ever find out about this? I have the same thing - but it pops up in different places and has never been easy to pop?