What are those mood changes in borderline personality disorder? Could spending money and excessive eating be the phases of that condition? I would like to say that there is nothing wrong with my mother but I just can't. She has been expressing those symptoms and I am afraid that she suffers from some behavioral disorder...

If you are even considering the possibility of your mother having some behavioral problems, you should react immediately. This means that after medical examination (psychological evaluation) you will know if there is some medical issue she will have to deal with. BPD does have mood change as one of the main symptoms, but it is not considered as the dangerous disorder. Still, it has to be treated in order to eliminate the possibility of complications.

You should take your mother to the doctor immediately if you believe that she may be suffering from any kind of mental disorder. Although excessive eating and shopping can be consequences of some trauma or some unfortunate event in her life if you say this is strange behavior for her than it is probably like that, after all you are her child and you are probably the person who knows her best.

After psychological evaluation her doctor will inform you if she is suffering from some kind of mental illness or this sudden strange behavior is just a consequence of something else.

She will be prescribed medications and maybe therapy and she will need your support so be prepared.

I experince same type symptoms stupid decisions and pointless fights w GF