I had first 4-5 5-6 acdf with hardware surgery 7/2013. That surgery failed to fuse and had to be revised at both levels in 3/2014 .Had a few good weeks here and there,but otherwise lots of neck pain and migraines since ! Seeing pain management doctor for the last few months until fusion confirmed! Last MRI showed fusion , however, it also showed spondylosis , spondylothelisis at c2-3 and new ostyophytes developed. Work in misery on a daily basis.. Driving is a b***h... Sleeping is hit or miss. I am 51 and virtually disabled . I am prescribed tramadol 50 mg twice daily and celebrex 100 mg daily along with Tylenol prn. Can not take ibuprofen anymore or steroids because they started causing reflux. Would love some feedback!

I had an acdf 4,5,6 on 11/11/14. That was 6 months ago and my top two vertebrae are still not fusing. They are finally trying to get a bone growth stimulator for me. I'm not in much pain. Driving is very difficult because I can't turn left of course, and my feet are pins and needles up to the ankles. I get random headaches, but at least not the shooting pains I was getting last year. My main question though is the fatigue. Can this cause severe fatigue? I have to sleep so much there is no way I can hold a job. I am dangerous on the road for more than ten minutes at a time. I never used to fall asleep this fast. It's nuts. Anyone else?

I have the same pain same surgery. Not one thing helps
I am in tears. My life is ruined. Cheryl

I just prayed for you as I just read this. How r u doing since its been a while since you posted.

Hi

I had an ACDF last April , my shoulder pain has gone where the trapped nerve was but my c7 completely crushed , now I am noticing a very sharp take my breath away pain up the back of my head, my head feels heavy again and constantly got a mussyhead, or this normal 20months later ? Is anyone suffereing the same ? Karen

I'm so angry that I made the decision to have the ACDF. I'm 6 weeks post surgery ofc5-6 and am an active tough female who now can't do anything anymore that I used to love. I hate myself right now and am in Intense pain , can't sleep or function in life and am absolutely misserable. If I could choose between the burning nagging constant pIn before the surgery I'd take it back it a heartbeat.

I spend my days icing , heating, using my non dominant arm, resting it because it's a breathe stopping sharp pain if I don't. I walk but iaedrk be an outdoors woman and very active.

I have to type with my left hand now Vs my right and even that is painful.

I use a tens unit now all day long , wake up 2 times in night to take. Warm bath to loosen. I use foam rollers in middle of night and re pack the ice and I'm going to rip my hair out I'm in so much pain. Big big big mistake.