Like so many other people, I too have stomach noises and the resulting anxiety.  Efforts to eat perfectly are futile.  I am a h.s. art teacher and can fortunately control my class environment.  This is a course in which students can actually benefit from being social and listening to class music.  

I feel for students who are stuck in quiet classrooms and fear that digestion-related problems,  in general, are a major player in increased student absences and distraction.  Most school food only worsens the problem while school restrooms remain to not be an option.  My heart goes out to  those students who cannot simply sit in a class without fear of embarrassment, much less learn.

I am facing a job opportunity at the district level that may involve quiet meetings.  It will be very difficult for me to throw my name into the hat until I get this stomach/abdomen noise problem under control.   

Though I am far from being comfortable, I have noticed that artificial sweetener causes much more stomach problems.  Thus, I do not drink my beloved Diet Coke or put Sweet-n-Low in my coffee.  In fact, coffee itself is usually sacrificed.

I've read from others that exercise helps.  This makes sense and I will definitely make a go at it.  

Good luck to all.

Our schools need more compassionate teachers like you.

So many digestive problems can be improved by improving the way we eat and the way we eliminate.  You are on the right track, noticing what does not agree with you and not consuming it.  Are you also managing to eat at regular times in pleasant surroundings?

I am reading  French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon.  This delightful book is the best book about food I have ever read, and I am seventy two years old. I think you would like it.  According to Ms. Le Billon, French children are taught food appreciation in school.

In my experience, walking is the best exercise for the digestion.  Also, there are yoga poses and breathing exercises. 

If elimination is a problem, message me to this site.  I know a number of simple fixes.

The best of luck to you in your career.  Our schools need teachers like you.

Beansobeanso,

Thank you for responding and for your comment.  I will check out French Kids Eat Everything and I am interested in your simple fixes and will message you.  

I'm curious if others have linked artificial sweeteners to stomach noises.

I tried to PM you and couldn't send the message. I will see whether there is a webmaster who can help. If that doesn't work I will try tomorrow.

Artificial sweeteners are linked to a number of health problems. I don't know whether stomach noises is among them -- check the web.

The moderator of the website emailed me and I have emailed him back.