Hi i am trying to stop cracking my knuckles, and well really everything else. I started cracking my fingers in 3rd grade and now i can crack every joint it seems. I have tried to stop many different times, but i crack my knuckles in my sleep, and when i move my fingers after they stay still for a while. My roommates complain that i sound like a walking skeleten in the morning to the bathroom because everything is cracking. I am only 19 as well. I do not see how i can force my self to stop cracking my joints if i do it subcon. and just when i move normally. any ideas? 

If you do it in your sleep just tape your fingers like mittens and your toes together your body will figure it out

If you want to stop then every time you do it punish yourself

Acquiring the habit of not cracking the knuckles is one thing and cracking of the joints while walking without you cracking them is another thing- most probably it is calcium or vitamin D deficiency. Please refer to a good doctor for the purpose.