New Reply New Topic Followed by 44 people

I haven't experienced any gain, I have to actually set alarms to remind me tobeat because prozac has pretty much eliminated my ability to feel hunger unless I'm already eating, so that lead to an accidental 3lbs loss ontop of the 4lbs I lost when I started Adderallxr

How are you doing now?

Don't tapper Prozac if your on 20 just stop use its 4 days of headaches and your done.

He, it took me about 6 months . I started cutting back on food intake after about 4 months and was able to lose eight pounds in two months. Wait a few months then start working hard. Best wishes

I am small like you. I lost eight pounds after stopping. Your metabolism will be fine.

Try taking 12-15 strands of saffron daily and turmeric with black pepper. Blessings

Did you ever lose the weight?

It is common to loose weight in the first 2-4months of taking 'Prozac', but studies show that weight will increase from then on. Can you cope psychosocially with weight increase? I would recommend seeing a psycholofist first to manage anxiety- it will only make your your daughter more psychologically resilient and mindful.

Progress has been made on the subject of gaining weight while on Prozac! I have a similar story to everyone here . Today,I stumbled upon some really interesting info and had to share! Judith J.Wurtman,PHD has published an article called "Reversing Antidepressant Weight Gain." Just Google it and it should pop right up! I'm going to do look into this further and see if I get any results.if anyone else tries it out , please let me know! Good luck

New Member
1 post

Hello everybody!

Same problem here. Started taking generic Prozac 2 and half year ago. My dad had a stroke, survived, but my depression was overwhelming. I took all doses possible from as little as 10mg to as much as 80. In March 2017 I found myself considerably overweight. I'm 174 weighing now easy 95 kg. 15 kg weight gain. So shocked! I tried to lose on Prozac. Was absolutely sure I just needed more discipline. I had a sea vacation twice, did strict Atkins, ate organic. Nothing worked for me. Yesterday I stumbled upon this topic and the truth was unveiled. Quit Prozac cold turkey. Doing moderate Atkins. Going to keep you updated. Thank you all!