I've had a couple strange almost scar-like marks on my skin that have persisted on my inner thigh and for a month or two now. The only two logical reasons I can think of are: 1) I've been playing hockey for the last 3 months. 2) I had a recent injury to my hip flexor and put heat and ice on the approximate area where the strange scar-like marks have occured. Would either of these things have caused these marks? Are there other possiblites?

hi, are these marks like red lines that are fading slowly? if so then they sound like stretch marks which most commonly occur on the inner thighs, hips, buttocks and stomach. they are usually as a result of gaining weight quite quickly. you cant actually get rid of them but by moisturising and trying to lose any weight you have gained they will fade off. hope this helps.

im getting these strange red marks all around my upper thigh,
and its rising to my low stomach

Guest wrote:

and its rising to my low stomach

goto doctor, it's either that u gained weight too fast or lost weight too fast.

I have scar-like lines on my inner thighs that have developed over the last year and i havent really had any weight changes. I am currently 110 lbs and in my teen years. The lines are horizontal and i dont know what they are. the lines are a light shiny pink and have a scar texture. I wonder what they are? Could it be cancer? :( :?:

unsureofmythigh wrote:

yea i have the same issue but i dont know what it is, i doubt it is cancerous though. plus i havent gained or had a major loss in wieght because i've had the condition for a month or so now...

I have the same thing going on. My doctor said it doesn't look like it is cancerous, but he is not sure what it is. I have had these marks for about five years now and they slowly get longer and show up in new places. I have pain under mine though. Have any of you found out what it is?

Hey, I've had marks like the ones being described for about 5 months, they started in my inner right thigh and now they are on the inside of both legs, the front of my thighs, across my hips, down my inner left calf and I noticed new ones the other day on the back of my thighs. They are very dark red and feel like gashes in the skin. I get aches in my legs where the marks are almost like muscle strain and growing pain mixed.

At first I thought they were stretch marks but ive not lost any weight or gained any in a couple of years. Plus stretch marks dont ache.

The strange thing is that when I massage them the marks fade and almost disappear. So Im thinking that its maybe something to do with poor circulation or high/ low blood pressure?

Does this sound similar to anyone?

Mine are the same and I do have high blood pressure. I don't think the blood pressure can cause this though. Otherwise I think the doctor would have ruled this out. My marks don't go away when massaged. They do hurt every now and then. I am not overweight and don't do any real exercise either, so they can't be stretch marks.

I went to a different doc awhile back and he said it looks like it could be some type of fungal infection. So he prescribed 2 types of creams and I have been using them, the marks are still there.

I have the same thing going on in my inner thighs. Its like spreading all over my legs and I'm very scared right now. I'm a guy and I'm only 23 years old, it's very strange cause I did'nt have any rashes or some sorts. I gained a little weight but I don't think that is the main reason. I am also thinking beacuse since I work as a secretary I am always sitting almost the whole office hours. Can anybody help me. Does anyone know a medicine to cure this? Thanks!

I have a desk job too. Like you, I have the same thing and I am not overweight. Mine start at the base of my scrotum and spread 3 inches sideways towards my thighs. I have 2 on the left side and 1 line on the right. Does this sound like what you have going on?

You don't have to be fat or overweight to get stretch marks. a lot of kids get them during puberty. also, they can occur if you grow very fast. in my case, i have very severe stretch marks on my hips, inner thighs, and on the bottom of my breasts. i am not positive that they are stretch marks, but from what i've read, it is really the only logical solution. They are not painful or cancerous that I know of. mine do fade when massaged. I believe that over time and loss of weight will fade them. some sources say that lotions with Vitamin E helps. In addition, a lot of pregnant women get stretch marks on their stomach. Also, men do get stretch marks. Most get them if they are overweight of have very large muscles. Stretch marks aren't always caused by a stretching of the skin. Don't worry. hopefully, these marks will fade. I am currently 16 years old and I really hope to be able to wear a swimsuit this summer. Best of luck to all of you. I really hope this helps!

anonymous wrote:

Does this sound similar to anyone?

I have the exact same thing!!! I've had for the past year now and has started spreading over my calves and only two scar-like marks on my hips! I've tried massaging with bio oil every day coz I thought try were stretch marks but not much improvement. It only goes away for a bit if I massage it then it comes back again! Any clues??

I also have been having these strange marks. I'd say I've been had them for about 5 or so months. I just want to through out this crazy theory, but would it be possible for these to be related to stress. Thinking back to when these marks first started appearing, it was during a time when my stress level definitely rose to pretty much the highest it's ever been. I just was wondering if the hightened stress could of lead to the marks.