New Reply New Topic Followed by 27 people

Does anyone else feel this way or know how I can get financial help with my dental expenses. I kinda want to sue this company, but was wondering if enough ppl had a legitimate bill like I have b/c of side effects of the drug. Read below, and reply if u do:

I know everything that is typed on the internet is public, and I am a trained therapist who has been dealing with Suboxone withdrawal for going on four weeks now! BUT IF I CAN HELP A FEW PPL NOT GO THROUGH THE HELL I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THIS WAS WORTH IT!  I'm definitely not happy to still be experiencing hot/cold flashes throughout the day and night. Anxiety that gets very uncomfortable, deep pain with what feels like is the soft tissue between my joints, and it feels like this will never end. I WANT to stress to anyone out there who is toying with opiates, I now believe that it is one of the fastest routes Satan will use on this earth to keep us down and away from God! Pain is a part of life and it is very easy to get hooked, 3 days and your done.....so be vigilant. IF IT FEELS TOO GOOD AND IT'S OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF IT IS A TRAP! I truely believe now that God uses our pain to bring us closer to him, but Satan also uses it....so be careful, the enemy is close....but the Holy Spirit is closer!!!!   This drug Suboxone has real side effects too, for the whole year and a half I was on it, starting at 24 mg and now getting off it, quitting at 8 mg which was really the lowest comfortable dose I could deal with....and even then I had insomnia for the 6 months I was trying to get off it. The company even paid for my medicine to be free, because they have 3 scholarships per doctor, but this too is a trap.....I kept having dreams about my teeth falling out.  I now know that was a warning from GOD to get off the stuff, because in one year I went from having 0 cavities and a perfect checkup at the dentist, to 5 major cavities. 1 that is almost a root canal, and I am religious about flossing and brushing(and was for the year and a half I was on this POISON).

My cleaning from last week, the hygenist said I had barely any plaque to clean....how then do I now need $2,000 in dental work~~~I"m telling you get off SUBOXONE NOW!!!!! IT'S LIKE METH FOR YOUR TEETH....I THINK, WOW, WHAT IS THIS c**p DOING TO THE CALCIUM IN MY BONES IF MY TEETH ARE ALL MESSED UP. I'M VERY ANGRY THAT MY MOTHER IS HAVING TO HELP ME WITH ALL THIS DENTAL WORK BECAUSE OF THIS DRUG, IT IS NOT NOT NOT SAFE!!!!!!! IT IS STILL HALF AN OPIATE, AND IS NOT HEALING YOUR BRAIN LIKE THEY'D LIKE YOU TO THINK, HOW CAN IT IF HALF OF IT IS STILL THE STUFF U ORIGINALLY GOT ADDICTED TO!!!!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE RIGHT!!!!!!WAKE UP PEOPLE, THIS STUFF IS VILE POISION, STAY ON IT FOR ONLY A SHORT WHILE IF U CAN HELP IT!!!!!

I too have been taking sub for two weeks because of chronic pain (and management of)and this stuff is evil.
I've been taking approximately 4 mg a day. I was prescribed vicodin 5/500 today and want to use it taper the sub.
What do any of you think of that? TimA is right me thinks. How did it work out for you?

dmging wrote:

What do any of you think of that? Big A is right me thinks. How did it work out for you?

.
How are doing after taper then pills and back to 4 day sub plan?
I am in this situation right now and any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Megan, I too have the dental bill, after 1 yr on subox 2mg xday, before subox I had my reg scheduled dntal checkup and cleaning , no cavaties clean bill of healthtoday i get the news i need 2 teeth pulled and 11 cavaties, holes and cracks in my teeth, fissures he calls them this is the same dentist i have been going to for 12 yrs he was shocked and stunned then the questions started , had i been using illegal street drugs? like what i said, the only thing that could cause this damage in 1 year is meth! now this sweet old man thinks me, a 48 yr old mom w/ grown kids is a meth hedd, GREAT! we discussed the subox and he said he'd look into it, he really does think im on meth, which of course iam not, just trying to detox after 10yrs of prescribed opiate addiction ,class action im callin my lawyer and the FDA, let me know what you think theres power in numbers!!!! be well lisa

same for me my girl freind and her besr friend lets get this started with this class action lawsuit

I am so happy to see this post as I am here recovering from a tooth extraction I had just yesterday . I to have dreams of my teeth falling out and thought I was going crazy. I have had to have thousands of dollars of dental work redone in the last two years and had a crowned front tooth break off. My dentist is baffled because I to take good care of my teeth. I decided to google the connection between suboxone and dental problems ans was shocked and upset with the number of people with the same problem. I wish I has a legal recourse but unfortunately convincing people it is the drug alone causing this and not the dry mouth associated with a lot of drugs is probably an uphill battle. I'm convinced and plan on getting off this stuff as quick as possible. Would love to talk with you and compare notes!!

This is very very ironic, because opiate abuse causes your mouth to become dry. Nobody on this thread would win a lawsuit with suboxone because you're all on suboxone for abusing opiates. Opiate abuse is already known to cause dryness of the mouth that causes enamel and tooth decay. If you all are clean now and have the money to afford a dentist trip and now discovering tooth issues, you might want to double check what you're blaming it on. It may not be the suboxone at all. You may have had these teeth problems prior and didn't know because you were all abusing opiates witch relieves the pain you would have normally gotten from the cavities. This is a dead end lawsuit, trust me lawyers would eat this up for breakfast.

And before anybody goes on rants about how they have been going to the dentist steadily while they were addicted to piankillers or heroin, just remember what i said before. Opiates are already known to cause tooth decay from overy drying of the mouth. And because you're all already on suboxone, you're considered an addict. You're trying to convince a judge and a jury that your opiate addiction had absolutely nothing to do with your tooth problems, but it was only the suboxone. This is nearly impossible to prove. Even if it is the suboxone, i highly doubt this is a case that can be beaten.

And to conclude i would like to add that i am also using suboxone to treat opiate dependency. If you read your packet that comes with your suboxone, it will note that suboxone causes dryness of the mouth. It also tells you to keep your mouth moist by drinking plenty of fluids. Upon research i have noted that suboxone also causes tooth decay from dryness of the mouth. So this entire lawsuit thread can now be closed. You're all welcome. Drink water.

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen. yeah I've had problems with my teeth too because of the Subs but I know exactly why.

1.I'm a junkie

2.The Suboxone causes dry mouth which makes your mouth a breeding ground for bacteria especially when you sleep with your mouth open like everone does

3.The dry mouth makes everyone drink more and alot of the times(like in my case) it's not always water, I hate water and drink Powerade. I chug about a gallon of the stuff a day to stay hydrated and that doesn't help the teeth.

One of the listed side effects of Sub(and any opiate) is dry mouth which leads to Tooth decay because of bacteria. A bunch of drug addicts trying to sue a drug company? Good luck. Reasons are accounted for. You do research about medication ahead of time and it's also the price we pay for the decisions we have made in our lives.

I have had what most people including my dentist would say "perfect teeth" my whole life. I started on suboxone 16 mg/day in March 2009. My THEN doctor said he would do a short taper...approximately 3-4 months.  I had previously been addicted to percocet and vicodin on and off and decided enough was enough.

After two years on the suboxone, one tooth cracked.  A month later another tooth, then another. I had seen three different dentists and everyone who knows me CAN'T BELIEVE the way my mouth looks.  It literally looks like "meth mouth"  I spoke to a specialist at a detox center and explained to him that I had been on opiates but NEVER had problems with my teeth, but since starting the suboxone, my teeth are literally breaking and falling out of my mouth.  I also have bone decay in my jaw.  This guy explained to me that the suboxone prevents your body from absorbing calcium and thus causes breakdown of the enamel.

I am now facing approximately $30,000 in dental work....extractions, root canals (which my insurance won't cover because the teeth are not even viable).  This is all due to the suboxone.

I mentioned to my doctor that my teeth have been decaying badly and I'm going to be needing oral surgery. "What do I do for the pain?" I asked.  His response: "tell the dentist you're on suboxone, he'll know what to do."  Well I did and the dentist stated "I never heard of that medication...what is it for?"  REALLY...ARE YOU JOKING????

At first I wanted to sue my doctor explaining that since I've been on suboxone my teeth have been rotting out of my head and his answer was "I don't think it's from the suboxone"  Okay, well, I don't eat sugar AT ALL. I brush and floss diligently.  Now there are broken teeth that I try to brush without breaking.

I would seriously like to start a class action lawsuit against Reckitt Benckiser.  I have met others who also have had major tooth decay since starting suboxone.  I've met heroin addicts with perfect teeth.  Explain that to me please. 

Is anyone else having the problems I'm having?  I'm completely devastated.  This has to be addressed.  These doctors are prescribing this awful drug and charging an arm and a leg only to get you hooked on something that does more damage than regular opiates (IMO).

I started this med when it first came out almost 8 years ago. Since then I've needed 5 crowns and a bridge. I've had one tooth pulled as well as many other issues. I too think the manufacturer jumped the gun and releases this med without any clear warnings as to possible tooth decay. FYI to the person who stated that EVERYONE on this med is a former drug addict, you are wrong. Many people use this med for legit pain management and are NOT former addicts.

suboxone is EVIL! I wish to God i had never even heard of this evil sh*t! Basically, u are substituting one addiction for another. I have been taking it for 7 friggin years and it has literally destroyed my life not to mention- MY TEETH! I have never had any problems with my teeth until i started this c**p! There is power in numbers and personally, NOT ONLY should the makers of this evil sh*t b sued, but so should the drs who r feeding us this horrible sh*t! Evry time i wntd to wean down off this sh*t, my dr would find an excuse that i shouldnt! R u kidding me?? He should have been encouraging a wean, but not likely!  Its a friggin scam! can we say MONEY!!

When I read your post, I swear I wrote that myself! So, had to reply. First off...the doc prescribing this c**p have no clue what the side effects are, what the withdrawal is like..NOTHING. They take a 5 hour course to get certified to prescribe this c**p only to charge you $175 per visit and no insurance covers it. My doctor took all my money because he always had an excuse to not wean me. So I started to wean myself. Still at 8 mg after four years.
To whoever said we are all drug addicts...good luck suing a drug company...Got news for you...YOU'RE WRONG. I had PERFECT teeth prior to suboxone. I was never on opiates for long term and was on them for back and neck problems. Yes, I got addicted to them and went into treatment for detox. My counselor said "how come you have such beautiful teeth?" I said.."I don't smoke crack." I couldn't understand why he was asking. Also, my mouth was never dry while on percocet or vicoprofen. I did some research AND if you read the insert in the suboxone box..it states.."causes numbing of the mouth" In addition to that, it prevents your body from absorbing calcium thus leading to breakdown of the enamal and brittle bones. One dentist told me "because it numbs your mouth, if you have a cavity, you're not going to feel it." So, I go to the dentist one year....then after being on suboxone my dentist said "what happened?" I've read MANY posts on the internet and SO MANY PEOPLE complaining of tooth decay. And to the same person who said good luck trying to sue a drug company...do you have any idea what the naloxone does to your body AND your brain? Hmmm....doesn't give you any information on that part of the drug. And the fact that it says the naloxone doesn't go into your receptors unless you inject it"...WTF is it in the films or pills for?
Class action suit is over due. I am reporting this to the fda which I suggest everyone do. Go onto fda.gov and click on drugs and then adverse events. The more people who complain, maybe they'll pull the drug off the market and we can see those commercials..."if you or a loved one has incurred serious tooth damage or decay due to the drug suboxone..." To sum up....this is one horrible drug!!

I was on Suboxene for close to 5 years. About two years ago, I finally (thank God) got myself off this medication from hell. 10 months ago, my teeth suddenly began to literally rot, crumble and fall out. Once this started, I began to lose teeth, one by one, in a matter of 3 weeks. After visiting my dentist, I was told every tooth remaining had to be pulled and have dentures made. Keep in mind I am only 41 years old. You can imagine the impact this had on many areas in my life, mostly crushing any self confidence remaining. After research, there are MANY people who shared extremely similar stories. Something needs to be done to have the maker of Suboxone responsible. Periodically I search for class action law suits and haven't been able to find any.