Locked New Topic Followed by 3 people
I've been taking suboxone for about a week and a half. I buy it off the street. I was wondering if I will have withdrawals. Before I was buying suboxone I was buying methadone.

Yes, you will have some withdrawals. Suboxone is a less addicting and less potant opiate, but people can still experience withdrawals when stopping Suboxone. I've experienced this myself when using it to get off of Oxycontin. After your last pill you will start to feel some withdrawals 24 hours after and even worse after 48 hours.

i HAVE BEEEN TAKING SUBOXON SINCE LAST jUNE AND i STILL DONT FEEL GOOD, YES IM NOT DETOXING LIKE i WOULD FROM THE AT LEAST 10 BAGS A DAY I DID, BUT REALLY EVEN A HALF OF ONE IF I MISS IT I START SNEEZING FEELING ACHING AND JUST DONT WANT TO MOVE.
IS THIS A FOREVER THING, i NEVER SLEEP AND WHEN I DO FOR A FEW MINUTES I HAVE HORRIBLE NIGHTMARES.

how long do thy last? are they as bad as withdrawals from pain pills?
Guest wrote:

:(

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

:(

I have been on suboxone for 9 months and told my doctor i'm ready to come off . he rapidly weaned me off within 1 WEEK !!!!! i took ONLY 8 MG A DAY . it's been 7 days and i NEVER FELT THIS BAD IN MY INTIOR LIFE . I FEEL SO DEPRESSED , ANXIETY RIDDEN TO THE POINT I GO INTO PANIC ATTACKS . I CAN'T GET OUT OF BED / OR GO TO WORK . SUPPOSEDLY THIS IS UN HEARD OF "PER MY DOCTOR " . that is such BS BECAUSE ALL THE INPUT I'M READING I COULD BE LIKE THIS FOR ANOTHER 3 WEEKS . IT'S SO BAD THAT I BEGGED TO GO BACK ON THE sh*t UNTIL A LATER DATE . I WILL LOSE MY JOB IF THIS CONTINUES. MY THEORY IS I'M LITERALLY PUTTING MYSELF INTO ANOTHER DETOX ONCE MY DOCTORB TAKES ME OFF . I WILL NEVER DO THIS AT HOME AGAIN . CLONODINE PATCH, DOXIPIN ( FOR SLEEP ) OR NOT . I NEVER FELT THIS BAD KICKING OXYCOTIN PILLS. I'M A NORMAL SMART GIRL WITH A GREAT JOB WHICH THE SUBOXONE HAS ROBBED ME OFF . I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE . WHY THEY EVEN PUT US ON THIS c**p IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BEYOND ME . WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS NEVER MIND KICKING ANOTHER DRUG. IT'S FUNNY TOO WHEN I CALLED THE DOCTOR WITH ALL THESE SYSTEMS HE TRIED SAYING THAT """"I HAVE PYCHIATRIC ISSUES AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBOXONE "" THAT IS c**p I WAS FINE BEFORE I WENT ON THIS . NOW I HAVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS TRYING TO KICK IT . HE IS JUST TRYING TO PUSH ME OFF SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT . I KNOW MYSELF BETTER THEN ANYBODY ELSE I NEVER EVER FELT THIS BAD EVER . NEVER MIND I'M ON MY 7TH DAY AND I ALREADY LOST 4 LBS . I CANT EAT DRINK NOTHING . THIS IT LUTERCRIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS "THIS SHALL PASS "

Im really suprised, for me suboxone worked wonderfully, but I detoxed with subutex then went on the suboxone. Subutex it same thing but without naltraxon(blocker). I had withdrawls but they were no where as bad as the withdrawls I had from opiates; I was taking around 20 hydros/lortabs a day-and I weigh 98lbs. And the suboxone/subutex detox was absolutley compfortable, it was just the emotional psycological part that was harder. Thats just me, everyone has different reactions. But 1 week is nothing, people go on suboxone for months and sometimes years.
GOOD LUCK! XD

>;) Please! if you are thinking about going on suboxen, Don't do it!!!!!
it works great for detox, however i was on two milligrams for about 7 mounths and the withdrawl is the worst kick I have ever been though.I ended up relapsing.I'm back on the wagon, but still kicking hard after 12 days.

My doctor had me on Suboxone for 2 years and tried to take me off like your doctor did. I was originally on 12 mils and over a period of 3 weeks I tapered down to 2 mils due to having neck problems that require surgery. Then about 2 wks ago I was told by my doctor it was okay to stop taking Suboxone. I was okay for about one day and then had these horrible panic attacks. I felt pain all over my body and felt like there were spiders crawling under my skin on my legs. It was horrible. About 4 days into my detox I had a friend come and basically live with me because I couldn't function anymore. I had panic attacks at least 2 times a day and I mean these were the kind where you break out sweating and shaking. I called my doctor and went to see him and left in tears because he told me that it was all in my head and I would just have to deal with the withdrawls. I found out through researching the web that I should have never stopped taking Suboxone at the dose. I finally gave up and was told by my doctor to go back on Suboxone. Basically to take a quarter of a 2 mil pill. I feel better but I have to get off this drug. I am now going to go inpatient to a facility to do this.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

:(

:roll: :roll: :roll: :idea: :arrow: :!: :?: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :cry: :oops: :P

Ive been taking oxycontin/oxycodone for the last 3 years. It seems however, that this last year was the worst because it was around that time I permanently altered my brain chemistry. By brain chemistry I am specifically referring to my dopamine levels being at an all time low, and my brain cannot "fix" the problem. So now ive beeng physically dependent for a while. Suboxone has improved my life significantly, Ive returned to college and now I can actually hold a job. However, suboxone has optimum effect only if you want to stop getting high because unlike methadone, it only acts on the two opiate receptors that inhibit withdrawal, and not on the third one which induces euphoria. Not to mention it also has a 4 to 1 ratio of narcotic to narcotic blocker meaning you can't get high even if you wanted to while your taking it. Regardless of other people's intentions and experiences, I have found suboxone to be truly a miracle in my life.

I was using 24-30 10 mg hydrocodone pills per days for about 3 years. I tried to stop several times and know what withdrawal is like quitting cold turkey. No fun and it kept me on the stuff after i relapsed.........

I have been off the hydro since March and on suboxone. I am surprised to read some of the negative experiences with suboxone in this forum. So far suboxone has been a miracle solution for me. I was able to transition easily from my 30 hydros a day to 4 mg of suboxone. After a week i cut that in half to 2 mg (1/4 of 8 mg tablet) and recently cut that in half (I assume i am getting approx 1 mg of suboxone).

So I have not yet faced the withdrawals of having no suboxone but I am hopeful that it will be much easier than cold turkey from 30 hydrocodone a day!!!!

In my opinion the best thing about the suboxone is that it completely eliminated the craving of the hydrocodone and evens things out and lets you get on with your life. no more waking up and thinking about that first fix and how soon you can take it.

I wish everyone good luck and please share your experiences. so far this medication has made me feel like i did before i started abusing hydrocodone.......and i am hankful for it. this medication needs to be made more accessible and less expensive so more addicts can receive the benefits

Guest wrote:

I have only been on it for a month and am begining to wonder if the cure is worse than the disease. Am having the nightmares, tiered most of the time, lack of focus at work, and my doctor, who is one of the original research docs on this , seems like some kind of fanatic,...like the mad doctor in a horror movie.

Guest wrote:

I have only been on this for a month and am begining to think the cure is worse than the disease,...nightmares, exhaustion, lack of focus at work, ...and my doctor , who is one of the original research doctors on Suboxone, seems like a fanatic,...like some mad doctor from an old horror movie,

Day seven,no sleep,I feel like c**p,no end in sight.$2000.00 bucks.not even A kiss.before I was :mrgreen: I was mislead big time.It got me off methadone But the hell I have been thought I wish I had just detoxed off methadone I think It would have saved A lot of time and money. :?