New Reply New Topic Followed by 25 people

I am 64 years old and started having the symptom exactly described here by many people: I get a "flash" of heat on the outer side of my right foot maybe 10-15 times a day. It is very fleeting - lasting maybe a second or two - and doesn't seem to follow any pattern. So far, it isn't painful at all.

I had a physical about a month ago, before this started, and everything checked out fine. I have some weight to lose, but I am on a safe and recognized weight loss diet and have lost about 12 pounds (slowly) so far. I see no reason that I won't get back to my regular weight soon.

I have some other, seemingly unrelated, physical issues that I have dealt with, off and on. I have had no cardiovascular problems that I know of. I still suffer from menopause symptoms (mostly hot flashes) and am on a hormone patch for that. I am also currently recovering from a rotator cuff injury.

I don't know if I should see my primary care physician about this new symptom.

I've had this issue, and according to eastern philosophy I have too much heat in my body. So I have to eat more cool foods, melons, fruits and green veggies. AVOID heat producers like sugars, especially soft drinks. And bread and dairy. Problem is solved for me. If I slip up and have too much sugar, the heat comes back on my left foot. I hope this helps. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What Hapend to u now

I just realized that this stopped happening to me -- within the past few weeks. I can't say, for sure, when it stopped. But, prior to it stopping, it had been happening several times a day for at least a few weeks.

I started having this sensation for a week now, only thing different is I was put on a new blood pressure med.

This makes sense. I have very bad circulation in my feet

I'm a 29 female, no health issues but having a heat flash come and go in my left foot. It's mainly on the bottom near the upper arch towards my toes - I do not have diabetes, don't get pedicures, and recently switched my diet. I do not drink sodas or sweet drinks (for about 2 years now) ... any solutions yet?

Not sure if it's any correlation, but I was diagnosed with a fibroma in the arch of my right foot about 2 months ago. Over the past week, I've experienced a warm sensation in the affected area. It is not red or warm to the touch. I contacted my podiatrist but she stated that she has never heard of a fibroma causing a warm sensation. I'd love to know what advise you get. Best of luck to you.

I have the same feeling on my right foot; and often it bathers me at night , I am always moving my foot from side to side to a fresh spot, , but I found something that I am rubbing on the sole of my foot; it is called , CAFTAN, Poligonum Foot Cream It works. try

Same replier to Zoe 1 ; as above, I want to say that I think it is related to muscles Problems upper on the body , but I also notice that when I eat extra fruits and or sweet foods , the flame increases, good luck.

I think it is related to too much alcohol and a lack of vitamin B

Vasodilation can be related to both of these (Vitamin B and alcohol). But it is actually TOO MUCH Vitamin B3 (Niacin) that can cause flushing / vasdoliation. Regardless, this is not the same thing.

I had occasional and short-lived waves of heat (several times a day) in the arch of one foot a few months ago -- for maybe a month. Then it stopped as quickly as it started and I haven't had it (not even once) for the past month or so.

I don't drink.

I have the same thing. I've heard over and over that it can be a nerve problem..maybe this can be your situation considering what you have described

Mine is only on the back of the left heel

my shoes aren't tight and I am getting a warm feeling in my left foot. Its a really strange feeling. The first time I had it I was driving and thought it was the heater only to find that the heater was on its coldest setting. Then I got it sat at my desk. Very strange.