33yo male, Approximately two weeks ago I went to the gym for a shoulder workout and found I could not lift my usual weight during shoulder press. Right side was fine, but left was having trouble. Also at the top of the press I could not rotate the dumbbell like the right. Lateral raise exercises were normal. Couple days later I had more problems with bench pressing and incline dumbbell press, I could only lift about 75% of usual weight on left side. Individual triceps extensions exercises revealed diminshed strength also.

A year ago I got left triceps pain and finger numbness immediately during a massage. It occurred every time I leaned my head back and to the left; I was pinching a nerve at the spine in my neck. I suffered no strength loss at that time, just pain and tingling. Symptoms dissappeared over next 3 months. I have not had any injuries to my neck or arms. I have lifted weights in the gym regularly for 15 years, but I am not a bodybuilder. I sleep with a somewhat flat pillow and usually on my stomach. Recently I have noticed some numbness in 4th and 5th fingers overnight and in morning. No pain. I am afraid I have an issue in my neck causing a pinched nerve or something, and I feel it may be due to my sleeping positions. What can I do to help recover my strength in my triceps? Is this something that will get worse?

Hey,
I just saw this forum and notice that nobody has replied to yr link.
My little bit of medical background tells me yr triceps could be getting weak because of a range of conditons like pinched nerve, disck problems, myastrhenia gravis or radial nerve injury.
Its been a while since you posted and I hope you recovered, saw a doctor or something. If you have not, I would advise you to.
Good luck
AMK

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Don't know what to do. There is the added pain in my shoulder and on the left side of my neck. It is unbearable at times and just won't go away. Both my triceps are so week (especially the left one) that I can't lift myself out of a chair. Please help...!!