I am a 30 year old, sexually active, married male.
2 days ago I noticed, upon obtaining an erection, an stark enlargement of the base of my urethra, just above the scrotum, moreso on the right side, but still on both sides forming a roundish lump. about the circumference of a dime. This is not very palapable (it doesnt seem to be solid, and the main height of the lump seems be from a vein), and almost unnoticable when the penis is in a flaccid state. it is not painful, and I wouldnt have noticed it if I wasnt paying careful visual attention at the time. I have had a few very recent sexual experiences which have not resulted in ejaculation, and in fact have stopped directly before ejaculation in an attempt to prolong the sexual encounters. after ejaculation, while my penis is almost returned to a flaccid state, this particular area remains relatively noticable. I should also mention that recently, my scrotum seems to be extremely tight, regardless of the temperature. I can't say whether or not the sensation I feel in this area happens on its own, or because of my attempts at trying to physically check it out.
I have an appointment on Feb 12th, but I am kind of nervous about this. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I have come to find out that this area is technically called the "Urethral bulb" that looks be the exact area of the problem.

would a bacterial prostatitis affect this area?

Ever find out what the problem was? I have something similar going on.