I woke up this morning with sore and swollen upper eyelid. Is it possible that this is a symptom of conjunctivitis? Please tell me what causes conjunctivitis and what treatment for it is.

Hello there I am writing this post to you because I completely understand your unpleasant problem called swollen eyelid.  According to this I have to say that i had conjuctivitis too. It was not painful at all but it was very irritating specially in first week. i felt strong itch and I could not stand it anymore so I decided to see a doctor and she told me after inspection that I have conjuctivitis but my problem is not dangerous. when you have this disease you feel itch and you do not see very good and you should not kiss other people

My sister had conjunctivitis caused by improper care of contact lenses. It was actually viral infection. She also had red, swollen and sore eyelids. I know something that you can do in case you have, but before anything else check with physician if it is conjunctivitis.
Apply warm moist compress for 5 minutes, 3-4 times a day that can help relive itch and discomfort. Do not use make –up during treatment and wash your hand when you apply something.

Hi there,
The fact is that swollen eyelid can be vary problematic and for a fact embarrassing thing when you go out. Everybody will look at you as you were in a fight or something. There are several reasons for swelling of eyelid and conjunctivitis is definitely one of these causes. However eyelid usually gets swollen a little bit. No drastic swelling should be noticed. I think you should try to wash out your eye with warm and clear water and try to apply some eye drops. Have you talked to your doctor already? Are you using any medication right now? The good thing is that conjunctivitis usually passes on its own after some time. However you should try to take care of your eye.