Hello. I'm 40 year old male and I'm very worried about my present symptoms. I have had a swollen and painful supraclavicular lymph node left side for almost six months now.
Of course, I've contacted my GP over this and told him that I had a terrible respiratory, cold infection approximately in the same time and that since then- I have this problem. What he could do- prescribed me some antibiotics and that’s all. This of course didn’t help and I still have the same problem. Can someone please tell me what could cause this swollen supraclavicular lymph node?

Hello. I think I could help you because I have read several stuff about this lymph node swelling. You probably already know that when lymph nodes swell in two or more areas of the body, it is called generalized lymphadenopathy and there are several possible causes such as viral or bacterial infection, or side effects of some drug.
The problem is when this swelling occurs on just one place in body.
It’s a worst scenario. I believe you must know the truth so I will tell you. Glands above the collarbone (supraclavicular lymph nodes) may swell from an infection or tumor in the areas of the lungs, breasts, neck, or abdomen.
You must take this very seriously and talk with your doctor again for detailed evaluation of this problem.

That is a possibility, granted, but not a likely one. Tumour lumps tend to be non-tender. If it is painful, you are probably looking at inflammation from some sort of insult, whether it be a bacterial or viral infection, or another irritating stimulus.

Guest wrote:

OMG,, I have the same thing,,, its above my right clavicle, a little bigger then a pea, non tender, and no infections, honestly I;'m scared to go to the doc, can anyone explain this in more detail for me?
Thankyou Shell

shell wrote:

Guest wrote:

Thankyou Shell

hI how big is your lymph node? have you went back to the doc yet?
thankyou Shell

shell wrote:

shell wrote:

Guest wrote:

Thankyou Shell

thankyou Shell

hI i went to the doc, and had some blood work done, had a chest x-ray done yesturday and now i need a biopsy, I was told that whenever you have a lymph node swelling above your clavicle you need all these tests, just to be sure, sooooooooo please go to the doc, and i'd love to hear from you, i hope everything is ok with you

Hi All.. I have the same problem,, A few months ago ( abt 6 or 7 ) i got a very bad cold. It started off as a normal cold and got worse. My symptoms were dizzyness pain in my face, jaw, etc.. Doc said that it was an infection and gave me a dose of medication to treat me. Everything worked fine but left some of my lympth nodes swolen.. All on my right side. They are all non painfull. I think I have some in my upper jaw too.. but it comes and goes... Other than that I feel fine, I am just worried.. Do you guys also have back problems? I have a herniated disk in my lower back... Cj..

Hi-I have something like this going on too and I can't help but get really freaked out, as I don't have insurance and feel like I have to wait until I get a job so that I can get the insurance in case something really is wrong. But a few weeks ago, I got this painful lump in my neck that actually was so big that it caused pain in my face (right above the left side of my collar bone). The pain subsided after a couple days and the lump kind of moved backwards but it is still pretty large-about as big as a golf ball, but there is no pain at all-its just localized and painless-no tenderness at all. Since then, I started getting all of these other symptoms-instantaneously. EXTREME fatigue-have to leave work to go home and sleep-will sleep 17 hours a day. Night sweats, bleeding gums, had pain under my ear which cause numbness in the left side of my face. I know I need to be seen but I am asking your true advice-is this something that can hold off for a month or so with being checked or is this an immediate need for a doc? PLEASE HELP!!!

hi
my friend if ur node above ur collar bone is as big as a golf ball u should get it checked if it is not getting smaller after a month time.

mostly its nothing serieus but u never know.....

i am coming back from my doc she said i should come back if it isnt healed yet ( slightly swollen nodes in my neck mostly rightside and no pain i m scared but what the ..ll

my 5 year daughter has the same thing...a lump on her left clavical.. we had to go the Childrens Hospital Of Infectious Disease....they have tested her for Catscratch Disease, which we do have cats...neoplasm & her white blood cell count...don't know the results of them yet....they also did a chest X-ray which came out "clear"....but before i've noticed the lump, she has have been having alot respratory problems like coughing runny nose etc...could it possible be Catscratch Disease? We are also suppose to be going to a biopsy done but we are going to wait to get a opinion by her primary physician, since it has gone down alittle.

It started with a sore throat, chest congestion, low grade fever. I thought virus because of the way i felt. After 17 days of fighting it, i went to my doctor (internal medicine and highly recommended). He decided that it was bronchitis and gave me antibiotics, zpack. It didn't touch this. I still felt awful and sick. Everyday it seemed to slowly get better but it was still hanging around. After another week of this, I went back to the doctor and they did bloodwork and tested for mono. Results came back normal and negative for mono. Week later, still had symptoms, but not as severe as before and he tested for something similar to mono and it also came back normal. Two weeks later and I still am sick with fever, chest congestion and swollen supraclavicular lymph nodes. They did a chest x-ray and it was fine.

Now we are at about 7 weeks and just the supraclavicular lymph nodes are swollen and low grade fever and fatique.

Doctor don't know what it is, doesn't believe me and tried to tell me that the glads were fat and that it wasn't swollen. I am not going back to that doctor. I know what my neck is supposed to look like and my fiance' agreed with me that it isn't my imagination. They really are swollen and it is "something"..

I have had lymph gland troubles with my neck, under my tongue and one ever-growing one on my left supraclavicular area since 1999. I have had two biopsies under anastesia, in which 3 nodes have been removed. They all were more an annoyance than painful. So far, there has been no explanation for this and the biopsies showed no malignancy. They just keep blowing up. I'm soon to go back to the good ENT to have him look at this left clavicular one. Do any of you
a) live near a nuke plant, as I do.
b) have inflammatory arthritis, spinal stenosis, DJD and DJD?

I had a chest x-ray of my chest recently because I smoke. I was called back for a CT scan because of enlarged lymph nodes under my collar bones on both sides. I had the scan today but am freaking out waiting to hear the results. 3 people in my family have had lymphoma. How worried should I be?

I am wondering if anyone that has described swollen lymph nodes has had this occur specifically when exposed to red tide toxin (brevetoxin) while at the beach.

You may or may not know that the red tide outbreak is there, but often there is a very foul-smell in the air and evidence of dead or dying fish (even dolphins and other larger sea mammals).

Please post your experience here. Red tide toxin's impact on human beings is not widely studied. There are a few studies which indicat an impact on respiratory function (pulmonary function tests show constriction in airways, particularly for the COPD, asthma, or other pre-existing lung conditions), runny nose, sore throat, eye inflammation, dry cough, etc.

If you have COPD or other lung compromise, red tide toxin may create a life-threatening situation in your body. Studies in sea animals (sea mammals) indicate that there may be some opportunistic infections that can result when the red tide toxin renders the immune system ineffective. There has been an increase in pneumonia and bronchitis diagnoses following a red tide outbreak. In many cases, red tide victims report conditions post-red tide toxin exposure that do not respond to traditional antibiotic treatment.

Please see redtidealert.com for more information.

redtidetoxinalert@cox.net

Guest wrote:

a) live near a nuke plant, as I do.

I Lived near an old Aerojet, that also had a runoff creek.

I also have recently (after a car accident) been diagnosed with DJD and stenosis, spurs, bulges, Cervical and Lumbar.

AND had my right lymph node in my neck removed last year, it was like a huge point sticking out on my neck. biopsy showed no malignance.

The remained have swelled 2 times since then and went back down. And now I have the Left clavicle one, and some neck ones that are qutie painful. A 'fibrous' place in my left breast also causes pain. My doc has been watching them all for a while now.

List clavicle one, started last night, and my doctor called me back and wants to see me in the morning, but then decided i should go to our urgent care tonight instead.

OH c**p! I am scared to death.
39 yr old female