Hi, im almost turning 17 years old im a active teenage boy that plays basketball all the time, about 2-3 months ago my nipple was itchy so normally I just sctrached it without even thinking and a thew days after that my nipple started to crack, puss comes out sometimes, it goes scaly and scabby sometimes when i peel of the scab tiny amount of blood comes out. I have no pain on my nipple it's sometimes itchy but hardly ever. I visited the doctors like 2 weeks ago he said im developing... but arghh i wasnt sure about that examination from the doc I'm going to visit another one tomorrow im very scared it's holding me back to do many things in my life, does anyone know what this could be... just praying it's not cancer and stuff like that. My left nipple is just normal.

i have a lump in each niple at the base the lump is about an inch wide and then gets smaler futher towards the skin its painfull if somebody punches me there and they feel bumpy and like rocks

same here went to the doc and he asked me if i had this happen during puberty and i said no, im tiny guy never really went thru puberty and now im almost 28 as well my father had the same thing didnt start to really grow till 27 and he then put on 40 pounds and was a lean machine for many years. but thats what im thinking it is. its only my left nipple. i heard from a weight lifting buddy that when your body produces testosterone it also produces extra estrogen and that is whats causing the nipples to become sensitive and hard. he also said weightlifters on roids can have this effect them in much much more negative ways to where they may have to have surgery to remove whatever it is in there. i dont know what the guy said it was but it isnt anything to worry about unless it is disconforting. my doc said to give it 3 months.

Gynecomastia during puberty
Gynecomastia caused by hormone changes during puberty is very common, affecting over half of teenage boys. It is especially common in boys who are very tall or overweight. In most cases, the swollen breast tissue will go away without treatment within a few months to two or three years.

Lockeyo wrote:

Hi young man, I was looking for info on breast lumps for my 13 year old son because he has a lump in his breast too . I came across a lot of info that said this is normal for someone his age. I read your entry and I am concerned about a few things that you stated, though. First that you are past 14 and have a lump developing at that age is a bit unusual. Second, you said that it became scabby, cracked, and pus came out of it. Now, it may be that you had an injury to that area and it caused an underlying hematoma, the scratching made it infected,or maybe some other kind of harmless thing. HOWEVER!! given the symptoms, I would DEFINITELY get another opinion. Because it is YOUR life and a doctor trying to rush you out of his office because insurance only allows him to do so much is not going to do you any favors. Also it couldn't hurt to get another opinion, and if worse comes to worse, most cancers are able to be cured if caught EARLY. so the sooner you fing out exactly what is going on, the better. I am in the health field, and have learned that not all doc's are created equal.

i am so freaked out!i am 13 and i have a lump under left nipple and everyone i know says that its cancer!Its really hard and when people punch me on that breast or get on top of it it hurts! and now i am so freaked out, i havent gone to a doctor yet, but i just want to know if this is normal?!?!?! please help me out someone.

When i was 16/17ish i had a lump directly behind my left nipple that i noticed when playing guitar as it was a bit sore pressed against me. I was pretty worried having just seen a thing about breast cancer in men, so i went to a doctor and he said it was a 'breast-bud' or something and it occurs naturally through puberty. It went away soon after, then came back briefly and then went away again and has been gone since.
Hope this helps!

hi, im 17, and i've had these lumps underneath both nipples since i was about 13-14, they've gone down a bit, but still promenant. So far ive heard 2 years and they'll be gone. Ive gone to my doc. and he says they'll be gone soon. How much longer will i have these for?

Yeah i am getting the same thing. It's supposedly fairly normal so there's nothing to be worried about. I just get annoyed cause i cant take my shirt off without getting embarrassed like at the beach and stuff

yo bro
same here im so freaked out that i have a lump under my left niple and
im scared to go to the doctor
can some1 tell me what it is :-(

Guest wrote:

Gynecomastia during puberty

im quite tall myself, and ive had this problem since i was 13.. im sixteen now.. its still the same as it ever was...

real annoying...X(

To all the guys in pain:

When I was 14 years old, I developed a hard lump under one of my nipples. It hurt like HELL. Whenever one of my friends gave me a "titty twister", I would almost start crying. I freaked out and thought I had breast cancer, because nobody ever mentioned that this was a part of puberty for some guys, but...

IT IS.

It hurt for about a year, and then it began subsiding...but then the other nipple started hurting, and developed a similar lump. Nothing to worry about, guys. Just don't let your friends punch you in the chest, and bare with it for a year or two. Eventually it will go away and you'll have some very manly hairy nipples to boast about.

However, mine didn't scab or puss. If that's happening to you, get several opinions from doctors. I had a non-related skin condition that was miss-diagnosed by 3 different doctors before the 4th one finally got it.

GOOD LUCK DUDES! :D

yeah i'm 13 and i got then under my nipples and just today my mom bumped me and liquid came out. if i squeez the, more liquid comes out. whats wrong?

yeah i had the same problem, i went to the docters and they said, im fine its just a lump of hormones, it hurts really bad when i get punched

I used to have a bump under my right nipple when i was 12 and 13 but some time when i was 14 it when away. I am 15 now and its not there anymore so im guessing its normal and will go away eventually for everyone else too.