I am 33 and have worn a mouth guard/ splint for the last 13 years to prevent (further) damage to my teeth from grinding. I am not stressed but relieving 'stress' seems to be the only solution to stop grinding (hubby says i still make a racket when asleep and i have almost eaten through my 4th splint). During a reki session today the practitioner held her jaw and started opening and shutting her mouth and asked me what on earth was going on with my jaw. I mentioned the grinding and she said it felt awful  (i thought it felt 'normal'). She then determined that the cause of my problem was adenoids. I have since done some Dr googling and there does seem to be a link between grinding and adenoids- has anyone found that adenoid removal has stopped them from grinding? I would love to think that maybe one day my grinding shall cease!

yeah i ve read about it too

I started grinding my teeth as a child. My adenoids were enlarged and I eventually had them removed in my teenage years because it was causing problems with my ears. I did not stop grinding my teeth. I am now in my forties and I still do it.
Bruxism gets linked to feeling like you can't express yourself fully with complete authenticity, as if emotions are being held inside, an inner frustration. Taking steps towards trusting the flow of life and finding ways to express and release all emotion seems to be the key to moving past this issue. I am not entirely sure if teeth grinding becomes a 'learned habit', but what I can say is that when I am completely at peace I have no issues.