New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

I have managed to rip the little bit of webbing underneath my tongue badly. It bled quite a bit and there's currently too much swelling to see exactly how much damage has been done (looks very bruised at the base near the ducts). I rinsed immediately with water and then Listerine (*OUCH*); will do a saline rinse before bed once I muster up the courage. Is there anything else I should be doing to help the healing process along?

IT's just happened to me. I was eating a pear and it slipped (i know it sound stupid) and bashed into my tongue-frenulum. It's a little ripped and it hurts when i talk? What should i do?

Call a doctor! Saline solution rinse is a good idea to keep it sterile/uninfected. If a lot of damage is done it has the possibility of growing or fusing back incorrectly. A doctor may chose to sew it up or give some Rx's, I'm not exactly sure what the medical response to a ripped frenulum may be, but the main concern a doctor will have is following your healing process so if it isn't going exactly right, the doctor can intervene. On a lighter note, it can possibly allow your tongue to reach further, but were talking at max a centimeter.

Guest wrote:

the ecsact saim thing happend to me also from a pear!!!! and the frenulum is cut in the wartons ducts area so that the frenulum dont hold it anymore, its also hurts when i talk and i can feal selaiva gadering in there, cuz the frenulum when was connected to the wartons duct worked as a slide so that when theres salaiva in there it wuld slide from it to the corner of the mouth and now its very uncomfterable, i really dont know what to do, i dont shore that a doctor can sew it or anything........

My gf and I were kissing... she don't like tung so this time when I slipped it out she sucked on it really hard and I felt like a pop... pretty bad rip right by that little ball thing on it... I'm not too worried... not much blood... I talk funny but the pain has subsided quite a bit, I'll be keeping it clean and I'm sure in a week or two I'll be feeling and talking beter...  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

i tryed to pierce my toungue last night. what a stupid idea, i know. i didnt even do it all the way, but my toungue has been hurting all day. especially the underneath part. so i looked in the mirror and the thing underneath my tongue is compleatly ripped, all the way back. i can lift my tongue up alot more. and it looks lika a red heart under my tongue. :?: is that a serious thing, should i go to the doctor??? my tongue didnt bleed much and i have cleaned it twice today

dude i had the same thing happen. its not to painful so im not worried either. bled a bit but nothing to bad.

The same thing happend to me i was french kissing my bf and he suck my tonguen and then i felt something weird under my tongue when i went to check it i notice the string thingy was ripped it hurt a little :-/

Omg the exact thing happend to me but just yesterday I wanted to know how long did it take urs to heal

Lol me to

This just happened to me last night. Me & my wife had been playing this stupid game for approximately the last 10 years, which escalated to the point of no return last night. I'm not that into tongue, so whenever she puts her tongue in my mouth, I suck on it, like trying to pull it out. She would then do it back. Last night I was like, you don't do it that good. So she goes "OK let me try again." So I let her & then she pulled really hard & I was trying to say "Agghh!" But it's hard to say that when your tongue is in someone else's mouth. So she released & then asked what was wrong & I was like "...I think I taste blood in my mouth." So I looked in the mirror & under my tounge (frenulum) was blood & I could see minor tearing. Now it hurts to move it but bleeding stopped last night.

sad to say but i coughed so bad that my tong went up weird n ripped that string thing... now its all white n im like wtf... just happened so it aint had time to heal so im not to worried yet... just checking up on what other people has said about it...  

The same thing happend to me lastnight which is why im on hear researching about it now...lol..My GF sucked on my tongue a little to hard this time. I guess she was really into it a little more lol but i felt a pop and I took my tongue back quickly. I tried to continue the kiss until i realized that it became painful to even reach my tongue out pass my lips.. I looked in the mirror and realized it was ripped..I rinsed it and went to sleep. Today it is not as painful as lastnight but sill feel a little funny. I guess ill just wait to see if there is a healing process..lol

Wow same thing happened to me today. Basicly I was kissing my GQ and she sucked on my tongue really hard and i felt a pop-_- i hope it jus heals back

I think it might be because ulcer it has many type like on tongue or lips. So better you eat vitamin B pron food, fruits...