CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WITCH IS STRONGER METHADONE OR METHADOSE. I READ SOME WHERE ON THE WEB THAT METHADONE WAS 20% STRONGER.

I actually noticed no difference! Some people say that Methadose was weaker for them but I saw no difference. When I took Methadose instead of methadone, the lady in the pharmacy told me that they have different receptors but I don’t know.

What are you taking the drugs for? Have you noticed any difference?

There is no difference. They are difference "brand" names of the same drug--kind of like Endocet and Roxicet are both Oxycodone w/Acetominaphen. Well, Methadone and Methadose both have exactly the same stuff in them too and are equally strong. People just get scared when they see a different label. If you did a google search for: Methadone: how different from Methadose you'd get your answers. XD

That is correct. There is no difference in them. It is the brand name. One maybe is a generic drug and cheaper!

miavt wrote:

There is no difference. They are difference "brand" names of the same drug--kind of like Endocet and Roxicet are both Oxycodone w/Acetominaphen. Well, Methadone and Methadose both have exactly the same stuff in them too and are equally strong. People just get scared when they see a different label. If you did a google search for: Methadone: how different from Methadose you'd get your answers. :lol:

miavt wrote:

There is no difference. They are difference "brand" names of the same drug--kind of like Endocet and Roxicet are both Oxycodone w/Acetominaphen.
No roxicet has actually no Acetominaphen in it only hydrodone and oxycodone have acetominaphen in it

Big difference between methadone and methadose. Methadose is a cheaply made copy of methadone. Long term narcotic users, including myself hated the change over to methadose after many years on methadone. the chage over was dramatic. I've never been able to feel right since. More input tomorrow

Guest wrote:

I have been on the local clinic in my city for two years, They switched from methadone to methadose almost a year ago. Everybody hated the methadose. I told my counselor and the doctor that the new stuff(methadose) does not come close to the methadone we were previously administered and they told me it was exactly the same. For the matter of the "done" vs. the "dose" I don't care what they say, they don't take it. I was on 145 mg of the methadone and decided I was going to get a decrease in my dosage, the next day I go to the clinic and as I get close to the medicating window I smell the awful scent of cherry, sort of like nasty cough syrup, so I get my dose and I could tell a difference that day, so I got a dosage raise the next day. One apparent reason was I was having "performance" problems w/ the methadone and not with the "dose". One might say thats an improvement, it would be if that was the only problem but it wasn't. Basically methadose is weak and one would be better satisfied on a lower dose of methadone opposed to more methadose. I TAKE IT EVERY DAY SO I KNOW, "DOSE" CAN'T HOLD "DONE"S JOCK STRAP, metaphorically speaking of course.

Guest wrote:

miavt wrote:

I was actually told by a pharmacist that there is no difference, just brand name versus generic, as someone said above. But I do not have personal knowlege of that, just what the pharmacist told a friend of mine.

But also to clarify, Roxicet is a 30mg dose of oxycodone...it does not contain Acetominaphen or anything else besides oxycodone.

Guest wrote:

miavt wrote:

You're confusing "RoxiCODONE" with RoxiCET." The BRAND name Roxicet definitely contains aCETaminophen (generic Tylenol); the BRAND name Roxicodone does not. The confusion arises when writers mistakenly use the brand name as if it were identical to the generic name (oxycodone).

For definitive confirmation, simply check your PDR and/or the insert that comes with each product.

Methadose is cheaper, that's it.

Methadone causes more euphoria and therefore, many clinics have switched to methadose. They are not the same. The methadose is extended release, while the methadone is almost immediate. The methadone has more potential for abuse and the US government would like to see it gone from all methadone clinics. DO NOT USE A CLINIC. Try to use a doctor since most clinics are in business to take as much of your money as possible. The methadone 10mg. pills are the best and don't let your pharmacist substitiute the methadose pill for methadone, because they will, if you let them.

You are actually wrong... methadone is made by many different pharmesutical companies... Malinkrodt... is the manufacturer of the methadose pills which are intended for drug treatment... and they also make a generic methadone tablet which is indicated for pain.... it is the exact same drug.. and i actually found that the methadose gave me a better high than the methadone.. i duno why

ive taken many different methadone pills.. malinkrodt methadose 5 mg and 10 mg, malinkrodt regular methadone 5 mg and 10 mg (the rectangle ones with an M on one side)

and roxane labs methadone the 54-142... and they also make a brand name of methadone called dolophone... which contains the same exact 10 mg of methadone... i dont get why they make both a brand name and generic... the same company

Methadone and Methadose are NOT "exactly" the same.

(1) Methadone is a mixture of two different stereoisomers, or chemically active compounds (molecules): d-methadone, which has a higher affinity to mu-opioid binding sites; and s-methadone, which has a lower affinity to these sites. A recently published article from Germany found that patients taking d-methadone only (which is not available in the United States, at least not in any retail shape or form) needed less methadone to produce the same pain relief as patients taking either s-methadone or the mixture. Since d-methadone is more expensive than s-methadone, there is more d-methadone in both "methadone" tablets and "Methadose" tablets and the old Dolophine diskettes. The FDA is supposed to monitor generic manufacturers, and in fact there is a committee that oversees generic drug manufacturing, and supposedly makes sure (among other things) there is enough d-methadone in generic methadone (i.e., non-Methadose or Dolophine) tablets. However, do you really think that generic drug manufacturers are going to put in as much of the more costly d-methadone as they tell the FDA they are? With "name brand" medications like Methadose and Dolophine, the manufacturer has a reputation (and originally, they had a patent) to protect. Levorphanol is another example of a strong narcotic analgesic that has stereoisomers with different narcotic properties (the dextrorotary isomer is dextromethorphan, which is found in over-the-counter cough syrups; the levorotary isomer is a Schedule II narcotic).

(2) Methadone and Methadose tablets have different "inactive" ingredients which affect the way peoples' bodies can metabolize the narcotic. If you read the package insert (Physician's Prescribing Information), you will find that there are many different chemicals in the formulations. One contains a calcium salt, while the other does not, etc. Although these ingredients are not "drugs," they can absolutely affect the way the "drug" is processed by your body. As the people who have posted on this forum with extensive experience know, Methadone generic and Methadose and Dolophine are NOT the same.

One is a generic (Methadose) and one is a brand (Methadone), the Methadone provide a more high feeling and therefore you are much more consciousness of it working, the Methadose provide the same pain relief but not the conscious high. Therefore the Methadose is usually more prescribe because of cost and the less effect it has on your consciousness or high, it will work great for pain.
But if your addicted and looking for the same high as an opiates, it will not provide you with that, but then every person is different. The effect it might have on you, could be totally different them my own. I highly (no pun intended) recommend that you try this drug over some other opiates if it is needed for pain management. I have been on Methadose for over four years now for pain control, and have had no real issue with it. Please remember that using Methadose for pain is totally different, then using it for obtaining a high. I am speaking from a pain management issue and not from the perspective of addiction or obtaining a high.
God Bless.

but is there a difference in the two debated pill form of methadone. one made by mfg mallikrodt, i spelt that worng yes i know, and these tiny white ones i just got. mine were recktangle scored m on one side number on the other, those see much stonger and wrok btter than the small white pills i just recieved also 10mg methodone just a different company. any one else notice the effects or difference in the two. thanx