New Reply New Topic Followed by 64 people

I had surgery to remove my Thyroid, due to a doctor telling me I had cancer. After the surgery, I found out IDID NOT HAVE CANCER! That was April 2011. My life from that point has been lifeless. I'm to tired to do the laundry. I am so depressed. I have been taken to a "hospital" 5 times for my own protection. I walk around with my life in a fog. My hair is falling out everwhere. I gained 15 LBs. I can not carry this much more because of I have a disability. I got shot in the back and still have the bullet in my spinal cord. That was when I was 15 years old. I have had 33 surgeries. But, this has been too much for me. I have searched the web, doctors, Etc. Nothing has helped me. I NEED HELP

I have this hashi-motto's thyroidism. I am full of life one day and the next could fall asleep standing up. Recently had another ultrasound done and the tech says to me you have a nasty thyroid. Showed me all the bumps  and lumps etc then showed me hers which was smooth. I am tired of being tired  and am thinking about asking for a second opinion and seeing about getting it taken out. I am already on thyroid meds and have been for 6 years. IS it worth getiing it taken out or is there something else I can do

Thank you for the input...I have had every test you can have for the'er thyroid and twice. I had two seperate endocrinologists give the bad news...partial thyroid removal of both sides. I have a multinodular goiter that is huge...it is choking me! I have a hard time swallowing meat...can't breathe very well. They found several nodules in the 3.0-4.0 range...non- cancerous. But, because of the symptoms I am having and te nodules getting bigger and choking me...it has to come out...but just enough to remove the troublesome nodules on both sides. I have been diagnosed with Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism) and I read tru some of the posts here about sluggishness...well let me tell ya...being hyperthyroid the exhaustion level is intolerable....and I'm not skinny either. With this type your heart pounds 24/7...which imagine your adrenaline is high all the time. It is exhausting! My resting heart rate is 104...and when I move around it shoots up to 150. My appetite is horrible...always hungry...thats why I stay bigger. I am seeing my surgeon here soon to go over everything and schedule surgery. I would like to know...if hair...teeth...skin...weight are affected after removal? Any help you can give would be great!!! Thas blah & God Bless

I had my right side removed two days ago. I have no thyroid issues they say my blood test are perfect. I gave very dry skin hard times with weight loss and depression . The reason mine was removed was because a doctor noticed I have a abnormal sized thyroid on my right side I did ultrasound and biopsy and had a follow up in 6 months to find it had grown some so off to endocrinologist I go they send me to surgeon he removes it. Now my biopsy wasn't benign and all my test results are normal. Now surgery is done I'm home with a scare on my throat and no appetite...

hi i am 65 of age had a complete thyroid remove 03/2013 in 24 hrs after surgery was home. Voice cracked for about a weeks;went back to work after two weeks. I did not have any problems;had to go thru a period getting my medication adjusted doing great. I had nodules on both side of my thyroid. Bi-O Oil works wonders healing your cut. Ask the surgeon if he or she can cut in the fold of the neck. After a month you could not tell I had thyroid surgery.

Thank you for the information, i just want to know the effect ,because a week ago i undergo partial thyrodoctomy!

I am 48 pre menopause and have very large nodules with others underneath the lager ones. Have my surgery set for April 2017 . Just wanted to say thankyou for posting a positive note about Tyroid removal among all the negativity there is a positive side to it .

Hi, just wondering if you have been able to lose the weight? I just had my right side of my thyroid removed a couple days ago and I'm scared of gaining weight! I was already having trouble losing weight before surgery.

I have gained 20 lbs in 5 mths after my thyroidectomy. I am type 1 diabetic, hypertensive and CKD3. Help!

I had a lump which was removed in 1992 and found to be cancerous so the thyroid gland was removed. Just a year prior to that I had been put on levothyroxine and Prozac. For low energy and slight depression.
Since then I've had radiactive iodine treatments and been put on so many different meds over the years.
Been told I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, .its been awful. I've never gotten my energy back!
Now I'm 62 and feel like my life is almost over!
If I have any advice it would be to do your research and keep trying to find an answer so you live a better life. Find a good Dr. who listens and keep going until you are better.