New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

Hi. I am 25 years old and I suffer from anxiety disorder. OCD is in my blood too. Lately, I have violent thaughts, thoughts of hurting people. This doesn’t sound normal to me.

This is OCD. What can you do? Only thing that you can do is try not to give in to those feelings, this particular OCD is the worst, because you do not show symptoms like checking if the door is locked, obsessivly washing your hands… It is terrible if you get flashes of you hurting somebody you love. I would go and see a psyhiatrist about this.

Hi. I am 24 years old and my life is being ruined by bad thoughts about someone I love and want to never see hurt. Lately, I have violent thoughts of hurting something. This doesn’t sound normal to me. I would never ever think of doing anything to anyone or anything I would never consider nor think things like this so is it my conscience doing this to torcher me because I constantly have been having this for 24 hours each day for a month now.

hiya im nrly 19 and i get thoughts of hurting people i love and it worrys me as i have always been the one people come to for problems and every time i go to the doctors they say it is depression that maybe the case but i think my problem is worse every day i wake up scared of feeling bad thoughts so every day its a struggle and i think thats why i might be depressed. i get scared that my thoughts may take over and i just wanna be my old self i just feel like i have lost who i am coz i no this is not me.

hi, i know exactly what your going through ive been putting up with the same thing for nearly a year now, i have anxiety and ocd and this is normal, just remember they are only thoughts and nothing else, it might be a good idea to see your doctor and be refered for counciling. hope this helped.

While reading about OCD, I learned that there are many people who have this disorder, and with medication and therapy they can live a normal life. if this person is having feelings of hurting someone he should be hospitlazed unitl his is placed on medication, and this should be reported. My grandmother works with people who have OCD.

hi i am 19 years old i also have thoughts of hurting people that i love this thought has gotten me bacceracted i didnt do anything but i told the emergency room and they sent me to a mental hospital im not saying you have to go there but try and call henderson clinic they are very helpful and try to find a physciatrist to get you on meds your probally just clinically depressedand your going to be okay i promise you im going through it too just get help ok and if you feel like your gonna do something call 911 ok GOD BLESS you always you have angels on your side your gonna be ok!! :-D

Sometimes OCD can cause the person to wish to harm others. I have OCD my self,and have wanted to harm/kill people. Many times the images and actions are quite vivid and shocking. However, the difference between having thoughts caused by OCD and having them caused by Psychotic disorders is basically whether you are horrified by it and whether you act on them. If you are horrified by it, then the chances are you wont do it. At Least, i haven't killed anyone on yet, and the images and feelings to do so, have been very high at times. :$

However, it is very uncomfortable to feel. It would be a good idea to have it checked out by a psychiatrist or some such. Better safe then sorry in anycase.

What if the thought of hurting someone makes you feel good ? even though it may be scary.

Yes, even a pleasent feeling that you may feel with it can be associated with OCD. I'd have to admit, i did take some pleasure from those sort of images, even if i was sickened and horrified by it at the same time.

I understand you all :-)

Hello, I'm 15 and I have thoughts of hurting people. It horrifies me but I also take pleasure from the images. :-(
Also I hurt myself, but it doesn't give me release, I just think I deserve it.
Can someone help me?

I can safely add to this pot, I have had these problems for aroun 14 months.

I think alot of it was to do with submerged rage and marijuana use.

Think of it this ways guys.......

Santa Claus is imaginary and so are thoughts.

The only time a thought becomes reality is when you make it a reality.

Guest wrote:

Think of it this ways guys.......

Thats a rather refreshing way of looking at it! Though, i could go into arguing that thought and imagination are tangible and real, but that would detract from your post :wink:

Nice one.

This happens to me too. The worst part is you can't tell anyone. Cause They'll think your nuts. This ODC sucks, but it's manageable. Go see a Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW. They help me a lot. My OCD is triggered by stress. Like recently I have to pay rent and saw my account dwindle and wam thoughs of punching vulnerable people. I guess I have vulnerability issues. This product by nature made called SAM-E is amazing with helping with depression and stress but it becomes less effective with 6 consecutive months of use. So see a LCSW if you feel you have to take it. My OCD goes anyway when the stress eases up, but there were times when I kept think of punching my sister the most loving sister on the world. it screwed me up.

WHAT MEDS HELP WITH THIS?