Apprentice

A new thread about unfortunate plastic surgery with this doctor.

Please share your experience like you shared them on the previous thread.

I'll write my experience soon too.

Apprentice

Someone changed the name of this thread, but this thread is to replace the thread  "Timothy J Marten plastic surgeon - Bad experience" was the original name.

The other thread about Tim Marten md does not exist anymore because I asked them to remove it. It was long because of a long suffering period that still continues.

I have had this severe depression due to what he has done to me during the surgery I had last year with Timothy J marten md. My experience with Dr Timothy J Marten Md is unfortunately not good because more things were done during the surgery than I requested. I think it is utmost brutal for a doctor like Timothy J Marten do a bad choice and disrespect his patient with surgery without consent. Timothy J Marten  in  San Francisco who operates in Marten clinic of plastic surgery did a crime against me eg. because Tim Marten did a rhinoplasty to me by altering my upper nose bones that caused harm.. That makes Timothy J Marten bad unfortunately and also other things as well.

I will continue writing and write more about the horror when I can keep myself from writing the worst word choices.

How would you feel when you paid awful lot of money to a doctor like Timothy J Marten and then you were harmed in a way or another and you realized the doctor did more things that he ever was allowed to.

The previous long thread where I moaned a lot contained many messages from other patients too. I wish they find this new thread about Tim Marten md and can tell their experience again. I write through this username thus it's easier to point who is who. I know it takes an effort to write again but hopefully you.

This situation is painful for me because I thought Tim Marten was the best of the best based on the other reviews and publications I had read. I travelled from very far to seek help from Timothy J Marten md and the situation unfortunately turned in to my worst nightmare. I hope he tells me what can be done to reverse some of the damage done by telling me where exactly my bones were shaved of. I hope Tim Marten chooses wisely because I don't want to hear anymore excuses or putting the blame on me. I used to be a feminine woman with nice bone structures and now I look flat faced manly person and that is not ok. My neck chokes me, my fats are gone, I have bulbous eyes etc. I'll write more precise later.

Its not uncommon for health care personnel to be beasts according to internet.
One Dailymail article published online few days ago reveals how married brain surgeon and his 2 nurse lovers are charged in connection with sex abuse ring and the victims are children. How disgusting is this? Extremely, disturbing. Any sort of abuse is disgusting, but when done by healthcare professional its just even more sick. These people are supposed to heal, not destroy.

Good doctors and nurses do not try to hide anything. JUST SAYING!

Apprentice

Please share your bad experiences about Dr Timothy J Marten md. The other thread was deleted because it had too much sadness on it and I requested to delete it. Hopefully you'll share your bad experiences here too. We need to let people know that they can do their decisions based on the brutally honest truth. It's a pity that no pictures are allowed on this thread. They tell a lot. It's devastating to see what he did to my face from the pictures... I hope I have the strength to write a blog soon about this Timothy J Marten bad experience.

I still haven't had the chance to talk with the OR staff and that is a pure sign that there is something very bad and terrible to hide. He gave me some flat egghead treatment. I used to be able to look feminine woman on pictures. Now, no matter in which angle I turn my face it is just flat shapeless disgusting creation.

Can you see my profile picture? I know it's blurry. But you can still see the bulging eye there. Timothy erased so much volume based support surrounding my eyes that my eyesockets are now loose and my eyes can be nearly popped out. Man who does things like that does not have good intentions. Why does he go eg. to BOPSS symposiums that is an oculoplastic surgery society? Same with the cranio-maxillo facial surgeons symposiums. Now I find similar defects on my flattened face that these doctors are trying to correct. Techniques learned can be used for good and for bad. Timothy J Marten is a plastic surgeon he should not mess peoples facial structures like he messed my face.

I requested minor help and his surgery took more than 6 hours. He did not want to help me. I was scared because of him in the morning of surgery. I felt his body language was full off passive agressiveness. I wish I had walked away. But iI did not and I comforted myself with the idea that the room is full of other people that he can not harm me. But he did. I did not take part to the pre surgery staff meeting, thus I have no clue what he told them that I had requested. Some report is falsified and he even tried to change my requests in the morning of the surgery.

I had flown to USA a month earlier to hear and agree about the surgery that everything is ready for the surgery. I think he was not a professional plastic surgeon during that consultation. He did not tell me anything about the surgery. But because I had told him what I wanted I thought he could deliver that and not add any destructive actions to that and I thought he was the professional that internet sites say I chose to proceed. I wish I had not. Now I know better about everything and how it is possible to continue a career despite of having done crimes against his patients.

My experience about Timothy J Marten is very bad. I feel sad that I was fooled by everything I found online about him.

I had just a minor things on my upper face that I requested help to... He forcefully pulled my lower face to sides and made my lips wrap tightly around my mouth. Surgeons possibly know what happens there. Teeth start to cave in because of the pressure lips and muscles around there cause... My face is full of "classical" defects now. I mean that the defects are ones that people seek help and many publications talk about them as defects that people want to correct.

My right side of my face used to be better. Now it's the opposite. Sime carved a lot more structure out from my right side. I was complimented by a plastic surgeon because of my symmetrical face strucures before I met Tim. Tim wanted to play a trick on me and reshape everything. I need to collect all the pictures on blog to show how things are. I think after that no one can call him "the best" or "one of the best". People will look and think that what on earth he did to this woman. Yes - he went through everything to cause as much problems as possible.

Because of my headshape I start to wonder did he see one funny picture of me and my team where we had used these apple computer filters to take the picture. There I had this skinny lower face with tiny lips and skinny neck... Did he get his idea to reshape my face from that? Who knows!! When you are harmed like this you think of every single word, expression etc. what you did to try to find out a reason for what happened. And when no good reasons for the ill actions are found then you think even more that why on earth... I would think person has much more important things to do that stalk patients, but who knows in this case anymore

If there was no crime that happened, then there would be no need for him to prevent me from talking to the OR staff. But because he does not want the truth to be revealed, then he prevents me from talking to them. Not even the names were written on the papers. In my country that is just illegal. Bad Timothy J Marten, very bad!

Apprentice

To face facial skin problems on quite early age is kind of a tragedy. What I've read there are quite a many treatments that can ruin person face for good. These include:

- lasers

- copper peptides

- tretinoin cream

- mirconeedling

- ultherephy

Treatment that I used was bad for skin and facial youtfullness. But fortunately my face was able to recover some from that. The extreme dryness that I had went away within couple of years of the stupid choice I did. Some of the treatments leave skin very bad forever. The top skin never fully recovered, thus I needed someone to take the excess off. My problem area was my upper face and forehead that had lax skin and face had started to go down a bit. But yet still I was able to look good in some pictures. I researched years in the internet for the doctors and eventually I ended up choosing md Timothy J Marten md of Marten Clinic of plastic surgery in San Francisco.

I chose him partially because they said he is the best. They said he is perfectionist and always tries his best and how he has these exceptional skills and attention to detail... They said he is caring and professional... loads of good qualities everyone would like their chosen plastic surgeon to have. I chose dr Tim Marten md also because of the pictures and articles I saw online of him. Based on the official pictures I thought he understood about the importance of delicate features each person has and that he could restore those. Because of the article about early maintenance facelift I thought he understood that younger faces do not need as much work done.

Because my problem was rather on my upper face I said that I did not want any neck work even Tim was trying to sell it to me. I was told that he has refused to take someone to his patient because they refused the neck work. I though this was because of the money matter. They say he only does one procedure at a day thus businesswise it is better to do something more costly. Thus because I thought he was as skilled as said in many sources in internet I offered them that even I do not want or need neck work done, then I can still pay for the whole amount. I thought I would be listened to and my will would be respected. I paid something between 22-25K and I think that should be enough money to respect the patient. Well it should not be a money matter but when a person reguests something and are willing to pay more, they should solely receive what they requested, NO extras. I did not wan't a necklift by Timothy J Marten, because from my point of view I did not need any neck work. It was my face that had started to have lax because of the wrong treatment, not my neck. I did not like the necks that I saw done by Timothy J Marten. It is because few of the pictures show very tight lateral neck and no fat under there. I think it is normal to have some fat there.

Then one picture of lateral neck on the internet shows also how flat and gaunt womans lateral neck is. It looks like as if skin was a sort of a sock that you pull on forcefully on chin. Tim made my chin as disgusting as the picture on the internet. I did not want him to touch my chin or lateral neck area. It is clearly shown in the pictures what areas facelift affects and lateral chin area is one not to mess with, especially with person who is closer to 35 than 40. Tim says he did not do anything that I did not request. Yes he did. My face would not look this skinny and different shape if he solely did what I requested. My cheek skin is now behind my ears. I showed Tim during consultation rather uplift to my face than a side pull.  He did everything against good plastic surgery. He took psrts of my chin off. I could see the bruises under there after the procedure. He chiseled my upper nose narrower. I have 1cm cut mark between my eyebrows.

Maybe that is the spot he inserted a bone burr to burr my upper nose infantile and take off my browbones. My nose used to be a strong nose. Now its a loose leather sagbag... I have no clue why he chose me to experiment. I think he should have made an apology and told me how to fix this situation. But he did not. He does not know who could possibly fix this. No one can really. When you destroy something as delicate as eg. upper nose bone...then no one is ever going to be able to return it to the way it was. I liked my nose before. Now it is unbalanced and ugly. The tip is disgustingly prominent ball especially in pictures due to him messing with the other structures... I don't really get how I ended up getting all this neck work done even I said I did not want it!!?

I never said anything that could be understood as if something was bothering with my neck. I actually send a message saying that I tilted too much of my neck down when the pictures were taken and that is why my neck looked like it had excess fat. My face needs fat on the lateral neck too to look good. Many other women have the same situation. And it also needs the attachment that is close to chintip. Tim deny everything he did. I'm glad there is internet and I'm glad that some of these review sites understand the importance of all kinds of knowledge. If someone was harmed by some doctor on purpose, that knowledge is extremely important to be online. My case is about surgery without consent. That is insane situation. In good ethical California this situation could never be possible. But there is a need for huge reformation in this business area that no one needs to suffer like I do because of doctors wrongful actions. Less is more and Timothy should have understood it. Even if he likes that chokingly tight look in necks, he should never do that to his patients without their consent. Neck is extremely sensitive area where things should not be messed with. There are plastic surgeons who do not want to open necks because of the important structures that can break when doing so.

A patient should not be afraid of surgeries without consent. A plastic surgeon should never do what Timothy did to me. There would be a need for these plastic surgeon advocate firms who patient could pay money to help them in case of legal matter. Eg. I would have been happy to pay eg 5000$ for some plastic surgeon to check me before the surgery and check me after the surgery and help me to get the legal situation corrected if the other plastic surgeon did something wrong to me. I hope someone ethical enough sees their opportunity in this and start a firm to be the advocate for the harmed patients against plastic surgeons who do harm on purpose.

Apprentice
Thanks for your reply.

Please ask, if you are confused what something means. English is not my first language....

I can not live means many things... It means that what this man did prevents me from living full life and that is not living if ordinary things are being very uncomfortable because of what this man did.

AGAIN: do not try to form ideas out of nowhere... but yes please ask if you are confused...

To live is to enjoy life to the fullest. Not to live is not being able to enjoy life to the fullest because of what he has done. It's not living what I have been doing these past over 9 months.

What is wrong with you?
That is the truth.
Botched plastic surgery can lead to suicide!
No plastic surgeon should do surgeries without consent because of several reasons and that is one of them.

You're the one who suggested "suicide" in your posts. Can you please back your allegations up with photos that are clearly before and after so we can verify you're not a troll? If not are you from Dr Shapiro's office?

Apprentice

Who are you writing to? Why would someone from some other Dr's office write on this thread?

I came here because I'm so very angry again. He sucked my fats out of my face drilled bones etc... Today especially annoyed the whole awful flat headshape and removal of fats... Gradually things just get worse, not better. It is extremely wrong to steal persons facefats etc. Little things like Oh, on the day of my consultation month before the surgery I had my backback with me that I had when I we went to national park and sat around campfire... I realised that it smelled like smoke... Maybe I made the room smell like smoke while waiting for the doctor to arrive... maybe he was irritated because of that? Maybe he thought I was smoker? Maybe he did indeed because they made me sign this no-smoking agreement or something... I have never ever smoked anything... But this kind of thought come in to mind when you are harmed and wonder that what was so disgusting about me that he had to do things to me against my will... I even thought that maybe he really though I was a smoker and maybe he hates smokers so maybe because of that he wanted to play a trick on me and he sucked my lip area empty to get the smokers lines on the lips as fast as possible and also he emptied my nasolabial fats so maybe... who knows... I don't know and he or no one tells me... I just would like to know that what was it that made him do it against my will... what on earth did I say or do. I just wanted him to fix the little things I asked for. Why he did not ask me to go away since he was obviously planning the harm right in front of my eyes and me not understanding it at that point. He drew an hourglass figure on nose and cut angles on jaw.... he planned it right there. He never send that pic to me because that's an evidence... but so are the pictures of his surgical marks etc.

I haven't been able to do sports because even walking faster makes my throat feel uncomfortable. I am not in my ideal weight. I have 5kg extra. But I can never loose that fat, because my face becomes overly gaunt. This really is scary. I don't think i deserved this. I did not. I really did not. I think there is much more to this. I'm very worried. I think my body was aching too much after the surgery even I was not supposed to have anything done around my body. On my right inner thigh there was this wound dressing. Nurse asked if it was for fat harvest.... Well I never signed up for any sort of fat harvest... My limbs have felt weird eversince the operation and because there has been no possibility to communicate to the OR staff then there is something to hide...

It is very strange how marten fed me that pill that put me sleep after the surgery was over and then I woke up quite late. I wish I knew what can happen in USA... I never thought ps business can be this unethical there. My jaw by the way keeps being in wrong position after the surgery. Then when I push the jaw joint on the other side I can feel jaw move on the other side... is it normal...

If they would have let me speak with OR staff straight away when I aske things could be better... but it's just shady not to let me speak with them for over 9 months.

Please post clear before and after photos so we can see evidence of your allegations.

You too. Please do that.

I'm not the one making allegations, you are. The onus is on YOU to back up your statements here with before and after photos. We'd like to believe that you're not a troll so show us proof.

People reading your posts here are probably not members there and would not be able to see your photo UNLESS you first posted it on imgur (photo sharing site. google it as no links allowed here.) and also posted the imgur link on JSF. You would also need to tell people what your screen name was there.

LOL so in other words you refuse to post before and after photos of your outcome with Marten because you're a troll. IF you were a real patient you would post before and after photos to show the damage like other women on rs.

Have you asked your doctor if THORAZINE is right for you? It might help...

Apprentice

Yeah, that's what I thought... I did not provide any extra info because I thought they'd dig it from google if they were interested enough.

I've actually read the Steady health rules about links and those, if I remember right, say that you can actually have certain links on this forum. I would think that picture links are ok, because there is no possibility to have pictures here... We shall see. If they are smart businesswise then they allow IMGUR links, thus it's just for picture sharing and not a competitor site.

In JSF person who was very sceptical of me and my experience did not complaint anymore after seeing that picture. I believe Timothy Marten removed around 1 cm of my jaw angle and took buccal fats away and that created this weird jaw look.

In passport contol a woman had to look at my passport and me for a long time. She told me that jaw is the one important area they look when evaluating weather the person is the person who they are supposed to be. My JAW FAILED that test... Also taxi driver made a joke about me when he asked where do I come from "Oh, you come from SLIMLAND" I'm fatter than never, but my face is gaunter than ever. His intention was good, but that really got me and rather made me cry because I knew he could see the same what I see on my face. It's too slim. Timothy took away all my best features. I once was a pleasant looking me. It was that I wanted to restore and not look like marten troll. Marten did not like how I looked thus he reshaped me... but that was not right. He did a crime there.