A few years ago I started to notice that after a night of partying (drinking hard-liquor drinks or Merlot wine) I awoke the next morning with a multitude of tiny, red, pin-sized dots on my neck and collar bone and some on my top-chest area. They are only noticable b/c they are bright red, but they are not raised. Most of them go away within a week, but I have noticed that a few have stayed for good. What causes these dots? Is it that I'm poisoning myself? Or is it an allergic reaction to an ingredient or preservative used in certain wines or alcohols (ex. Sulfites)?