Hey guys,

I have been having some problems lately, I like to think that this is all happening due to the stress because of my job, I mean, it is because of this, but I don't want to end up stuck with anxiety because my mother was suffering from anxiety for quite some time and I know how hard it can get. I am asking this because I have been having these uncontrollable emotions and mood swings lately and I am afraid that this might be anxiety related. Can it be? Is it possible to really get stuck with anxiety here?

Hey Guest,

It is very likely that you are suffering from anxiety, it can occur at any age and stress is one of the most common causes of anxiety. Uncontrollable emotions and mood swings are closely tied to anxiety and are probably the easiest symptoms of anxiety to notice, these things always come first.

I would suggest you to visit a psychologist and let him decide whether or not you are suffering from anxiety. If he thinks that you are indeed suffering from anxiety, he is going to help you overcome it and learn how to cope with it, that's my advice to you.

You should probably go and talk to your doctor about this, stress is the leading cause of anxiety so it is possible that you can develop this disorder and if you notice it now and start treating it now, you have bigger chances of overcoming it faster and easier than if you would start treating it some time later.

Still it doesn't have to mean that you are suffering from anxiety, maybe this is just a phase and it will go away but that is why you need to talk to your doctor, so that you can be sure whether or not you are suffering from it.

Could I simply try and handle this on my own? I don't really feel like going to the doctor nor to a psychologist, definitely not to a psychologist, that is why I asked you for your opinions or experience here. I can't really tell you why I don't want to visit my doctor but not because I don't want to tell you, rather because I don't know it myself.

So please tell me if there are ways in which I can fight this on my own, I am not even sure that I am suffering from anxiety but I want to treat it anyway.

That's weird, I can't understand your reason for not going to your doctor but I guess that I don't have to understand it, it would be the smartest thing to do, that's for sure, to visit your doctor, but I won't try to persuade you if you don't want to do it, it's your call.

You should read the articles on the internet about treating anxiety on your own. I know that you should start exercising, especially running, you should drink some special teas which could help you, there are some medications which might be of some use to you, and so on.

Celebrity

Good day there. 

I agree that there is a huge possibility that you are struggling with anxiety issues. Those changes may seem normal to you in the beginning, but they are not. But there is one thing that is not that good - well, mood swings are very hard to diagnose and this is a huge problem to all doctors. This happens because the emotions themselves feel completely natural. Well, when it comes to anxiety, it increases the frequency of these swings, especially when it comes to negative emotions. Mood swings are rarely the only anxiety symptom so there must be some other symptoms that are telling you that you deal with anxiety. Good luck!

I really can't understand people who don't want to go to see doctor in this case. OK, you are familiar with some things now, you are aware that you are having a problem and still you don't want to do nothing about this? Look, if you let anxiety untreated it can literally destroy you. And I am not saying this to scare you, because I can't get nothing with it. I am telling you this because I saw my good friend going under because he believed that doctors can't help him deal with this issue. That was his worst mistake. He cut all contacts with us and I haven't heard nothing about him for last couple of months. I met his sister a couple of days ago and she told me that she can't recognize him anymore... Now, think about this next time when you decide to avoid seeing doctor.

Hi.
Anxiety can change your life totally. You can't deal with this alone, trust me. Anxiety can occur any time, it doesn't matter how old you are. And no - you can't just simple handle this on your own. There is no a chance for this. It is really complex issue that requires a medical help, and usually this help requires therapy, and when it comes to therapy you probably will need to use medications or go to psycho therapies. OK, I really don't want to convince you to do something that you don't want to do, but I am just saying what is the best for you....

Celebrity

I totally agree. Of course, there are so many other things that can cause mood swings and uncontrollable emotions, but usually it happens because of the anxiety. Stress can also cause this, but generally stress is one of the main culprit for anxiety.

So without opinion of your doctor you cannot be sure what is going on with you and what is your diagnose. 

It is hard to control mood swings by yourself. It is almost impossible. Also, I don't want to scare you but you should know that mood swings and emotional liability are often caused by damage to the part of the brain.

That is one more reason to see the doctor.